Mariah Bell retires from competitive skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell retires from competitive skating

noskates

Record Breaker
Mariah just always exuded the joy of skating. I loved watching her skate and I'm so glad she's going out with a win at Nationals. I think it would have been challenging for her to repeat the success of her last season. I wish her much luck in wherever her future takes her.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Here is how I know she will do well. Once in the K and C, her coach R. A. was not happy with her...and she smiled and put her head against his arm and petted his arm while he scowled......she has her priorities straight.....it was just a skate....there are way more important things in life......she knows that.....

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Missed the announcement with all the JGP excitement, but all the best to Mariah Bell! A ray of sunshine on ice that figure skating really needs more of.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I was so sorry to hear this. Mariah was light of sunshine and brought honesty and elegance and joy to the sport her entire career. I was hoping this would be her year to shine and win it all but also understand of course she wants to move on with the next chapter of her life, for which I wish her all the best. Thank you Mariah, and cheers for the next chapter!!!!