Marilena Kitromilis | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Marilena Kitromilis

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate America Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 12th out of 12 in the SP, with a score of 46.01.

Although it was getting late on this side of the Atlantic, there was no way I was going to miss Marilena making her GP debut on my birthday. So, I watched the start of the Ladies SP, and then bailed out to get ready for bed after Marilena had skated.

Here is what I wrote during the Wartm-Up:

There's my kid!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

So excited to see Marilena making her GP debut (at either Senior or Junior level).

I hope the home support helps her, rather than hinders her.

Oh, a fall.

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote just before Marilena did her programme:

During Gracie's programme, I spotted two wee girls with a Cypriot flag across their laps.

I hope they, and I, get to see the amazing performance we want to see from her now.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST MARILENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote after she did her programme:

Awww, the girls I was talking about were holding hands in a prayer circle as she started. I wonder if they are relatives of Marilena's.

Beautiful red dress with lots of jewels along the edges. And I love the pattern they are in at the back.

Good start on the Double Axel, but hand down on the Triple Lutz.

That was the only real issue I spotted. The rest was good.

Awww, she's got a unicorn!!! 🦄 And a rose! 🌹

She seems happy. And I don't blame her. Not many people get to make their GP debut in their back yard, with friends and family able to attend.

Into 2nd. A good distance behind Gracie. But, with Gracie's vast experience, that was to be expected.

So proud of her.

:cheer: WELL DONE MARILENA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Analysis to be edited in when I re-watch the programme with the protocols.

Marilena is currently 1.97 points behind 11th position, YUN Ah-Sun (KOR). Ahead of Yun is an 8.49 point gap to a group of 2 skaters covered by 0.18 points, consisting of Nicole SCHOTT (DEU) in 10th position, who is 10.46 points of Marilena, and Eliška BŘEZINOVÁ (CZE), who is 10.64 points ahead of Marilena.

Being realistic, the gap to Schott and Březinová is too big to overcome even if Marilena has a good Free Skate and either of them has a disappointing FS. But Marilena has a very good chance to overtake Yun for 11th position.

So, let's hope that Marilena has a good FS and does just that!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 14:59:00 EDT (18:59:00 GMT / 19:59:00 BST / 21:59:00 EEST). So 12 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 1st skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:59:00 EDT (18:59:00 GMT / 19:59:00 BST / 21:59:00 EEST). So 12 hours from now.

Marilena is due to start at 15:06:30 EDT (19:06:30 GMT / 20:06:30 BST / 22:06:30 EEST). So 12h 07m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyGi5a9qidk

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/grand-prix-2655018

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on Discovery+:
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/video/sport/dplus-sport-dplus-sport-sport/grand-prix-3201142

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://results.isu.org/results/sea...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://results.isu.org/results/season2223/gpusa2022/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although I have read interviews with her before, the only videos I have seen of Marilena are of her skating. So, I'd love to see what she is like off-ice, and actually hear her speaking.

Do you know if it is available anywhere? I found the station's website, but it is one of those websites where it is hard to get to anything that is more than a few hours old.

And I thought the BBC News website was hard to use since it was given a revamp a few years ago... :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan
That is the website. It was a quick interview.

Keachri

Spectator
Although I have read interviews with her before, the only videos I have seen of Marilena are of her skating. So, I'd love to see what she is like off-ice, and actually hear her speaking.

Do you know if it is available anywhere? I found the station's website, but it is one of those websites where it is hard to get to anything that is more than a few hours old.

And I thought the BBC News website was hard to use since it was given a revamp a few years ago... :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan
Marilena won an award in Cyprus in March 2022 as being one of the five Bank of Cyprus Promising and Rising Talent Award for 2021. Her acceptance speech is found here .
Through the EAK, Sportswriters of Cyprus Facebook page. She is found from 2:20-3:40 in the video.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skate America Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Skate America Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 11th out of 11 in the FS, with a score of 89.47. This meant that she climbed to 11th place overall, with a score of 135.48.

Rino MATSUIKE (JPN) withdrew after the Short Programme.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

It was going lovely until she fell on the Triple Flip. And after that, she was fighting for everything until the combo. And then everything started going well again.

Such a pity about that section in the middle. It was good apart from that minute or so.

But, the flip side is that it will be great when it is done clean.

I see those girls with the flag again! 🇨🇾 (Even if they are holding it back-to-front :p )

Is that a blue bear?! It must have got cold from being on the ice too long. :laugh:

Well, Marilena and coach seem happy enough. And I can understand why. I like that programme.

89.47 in the Free, and 135.48 Overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Analysis to be edited in when I have the opportunity to re-watch the programme with the protocols.

Marilena finished the Free Skate 7.45 points behind 10th position, Eliška BŘEZINOVÁ (CZE), and 9.07 points behind 9th position, PARK Yeon-Jeong (KOR).

Overall, Marilena finished 18.09 points behind 10th position, Březinová, and 75.98 points ahead of 12th position, Rino MATSUIKE (JPN).

Unfortunately, it was the fall on that Triple Flip that made the difference, because it unsettled her. Maybe the fact that she was making her Senior GP debut at her home rink played into this. Having family and friends in the audience can really lift you up further when things are going well (as they were in the early and late stages of the FS), but it can be a heavy weight on your shoulders when things are not (as they were in the middle of the FS). Of course, Marilena has skated on that very ice many times before, and in front of lots of people that she knows many times. But not at a Grand Prix. And that makes a difference.

I am sure Marilena was disappointed to finish last out of the skaters that did both segments. However, we have to remember that this was her first Grand Prix at any level. She was up against skaters who are far more experienced at this sort of event. To be only 1 position below a skater as experienced as Eliška Březinová, who has been competing at Senior level for over a decade and did her first two Senior Grands Prix a full 8 years ago, is pretty good going if you ask me.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Marilena won an award in Cyprus in March 2022 as being one of the five Bank of Cyprus Promising and Rising Talent Award for 2021. Her acceptance speech is found here .
https://fb.watch/glPH3iGR6j/
Through the EAK, Sportswriters of Cyprus Facebook page. She is found from 2:20-3:40 in the video.

What a lovely girl! (But, I kinda knew that. She is Cypriot, after all! And most Cypriots I have met are lovely! ;) :biggrin: )

You could tell she was nervous during that interview a few days ago. But for somebody so young and with not much experience of being interviewed on TV, she was an absolute natural! I hope some of her family was there with her to give her a big hug afterwards and tell her how well she did! Because she certainly deserves the praise.

And although I don't understand the language, I could listen to her speaking Greek all day! I just melted watching that clip of her in the awards ceremony! :love:

Thank you so much for sharing those videos.

And can I just say. I know it is only a few weeks after I created this thread by copying the posts about Marilena from the Team thread (and I haven't actually finished editing out the bits not related to Marilena yet! :slink:), but it is great to see other people now posting about her.

Hopefully competing at the Grand Prix will have helped raise her profile amongst the fans, and gained her some new fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Keachri

Spectator
What a lovely girl! (But, I kinda knew that. She is Cypriot, after all! And most Cypriots I have met are lovely! ;) :biggrin: )

You could tell she was nervous during that interview a few days ago. But for somebody so young and with not much experience of being interviewed on TV, she was an absolute natural! I hope some of her family was there with her to give her a big hug afterwards and tell her how well she did! Because she certainly deserves the praise.

And although I don't understand the language, I could listen to her speaking Greek all day! I just melted watching that clip of her in the awards ceremony! :love:

Thank you so much for sharing those videos.

And can I just say. I know it is only a few weeks after I created this thread by copying the posts about Marilena from the Team thread (and I haven't actually finished editing out the bits not related to Marilena yet! :slink:), but it is great to see other people now posting about her.

Hopefully competing at the Grand Prix will have helped raise her profile amongst the fans, and gained her some new fans.

CaroLiza_fan
I hope you're right! She had fans at 2022 Skate America, with posters and flags that helped make her 1st Grand Prix experience really special! Fans are wonderful soul boosters!

Her fan fest link from the Skate America thread isn't working though. That doesn't help. :-(

She really powered through this weekend, still battling a knee injury that left her feeling less than strong and not up to her best. But wow she did it out of sheer determination.
Now to make sure she continues on the path to getting back to her full strength, without knee pain!

She enjoyed the media interviews and was very happy to oblige. :) Overall, 2022 Skate America was a wonderful experience for Marilena ! Cheers to many more!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marilena will be back in action today at this week's Challenger event, the Warsaw Cup.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 16:15:00 CET (10:15:00 EST / 15:15:00 GMT / 17:15:00 EET). So 7 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 23rd skater to start. So, third and middle skater to go in Group 5 (and antepenultimate skater to go in the segment).

The Group 5 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:18:20 CET (13:18:20 EST / 18:18:20 GMT / 20:18:20 EET). So 10h 03m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 19:38:10 CET (13:38:10 EST / 18:38:10 GMT / 20:38:10 EET). So 10h 23m from now.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL-G8tLSoPE

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/22...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/2223/CSPOL2022/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLg1xUpXdSA

Marilena finished 24th out of 25 in the FS, with a score of 39.32.

Analysis to be edited in when I have the opportunity to re-watch the programme with the protocols.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 08:00:00 CET (02:00:00 EST / 07:00:00 GMT / 09:00:00 EET). So 1h 30m from now.

Marilena will be the 2nd skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 08:00:00 CET (02:00:00 EST / 07:00:00 GMT / 09:00:00 EET). So 1h 30m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 08:15:15 CET (02:15:15 EST / 07:15:15 GMT / 09:15:15 EET). So 1h 45m from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjm9lVuT6w

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/22...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/2223/CSPOL2022/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcRY0G_Ij2g

Marilena finished 16th out of 25 in the FS, with a score of 88.98. This meant that she climbed to 19th place overall, with a score of 128.30.

On the whole, much better than the SP.

The first half of the programme went very well. But then a few mistakes started slipping in in the middle. It looked she was starting to get tired. But then she picked it up again in the final third of the programme.

Diana says she left the ice "with a big smile on her face". We had already cut to the highlights, so it was good to hear that she was happy.

As I didn't se her SP group live, and as the stream got zapped due to a copyright complaint, I didn't see how she felt after her SP.

Awww. She's delighted with her score!!!

The FS score is just half a point lower than her ISU Season's Best score for the FS from Skate America.

I suspect it will move her up the overall leaderboard considerably.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Currently frantically trying to get last 2 groups of Ladies Short Programme finished and breakfast eaten before the Free Skate starts, so will write about SP later.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 08:00:00 CET (02:00:00 EST / 07:00:00 GMT / 09:00:00 EET). So 1h 30m from now.

Marilena will be the 2nd skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 08:00:00 CET (02:00:00 EST / 07:00:00 GMT / 09:00:00 EET). So 1h 30m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 08:15:15 CET (02:15:15 EST / 07:15:15 GMT / 09:15:15 EET). So 1h 45m from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjm9lVuT6w

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/22...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://page.pfsa.com.pl/results/2223/CSPOL2022/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
A charming skater, polished and charismatic.. will look forward to watching her in future ..

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marilena will be back in action today at the last Challenger event of the season, the Golden Spin Of Zagreb.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 17:45:00 CET (11:45:00 EST / 16:45:00 GMT / 18:45:00 EET). So 10 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 13th skater to start. So, third skater to go in Group 3 (and third skater to go after the resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:18:00 CET (13:18:00 EST / 18:18:00 GMT / 20:18:00 EET). So 11h 33m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 19:37:00 CET (13:37:00 EST / 18:37:00 GMT / 20:37:00 EET). So 11h 52m from now.

[Link to be edited in after it becomes available]

https://www.croskate.hr/site/assets/files/1317/ladies.pdf

[Link to be edited in after it becomes available]

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 5th out of 28 in the SP, with a score of 54.58

After years of bitter experience, we have come to expect the Golden Spin Of Zagreb to be a disorganised mess. And the first day of the event lived up to those expectations. For a start, there was no livestreaming. But there wasn't even an Entries / Results page either! So, we had no idea whatsoever as to what was going on. Late in the day, after the second of the three segments, they eventually started posting the Results and the Protocols as PDF files on the Golden Spin page on the Fed's website. But, they were glorified image files. You couldn't select or copy the text.

EDIT: Before the start of action on Day 2, an Entries / Results appeared, along with fully functioning PDF's.​

All we have to go on is the Protocols.

Marilena is currently 4.08 points behind joint 3rd position, Lindsay van ZUNDERT (NED) and Madeline SCHIZAS (CAN), and 2.22 points ahead of 6th position, Nicole SCHOTT (DEU). Schott is only 0.01 points ahead of 7th position, Anastasia GOZHVA (UKR).

With the two skaters ahead of her having the same score, Marilena does have a shot at podium position. In fact, second position is just about in range as well, as Lindsay THORNGREN (USA) is 5.91 points ahead of Marilena. However, she has to be wary of the skaters behind her. The skater in 8th position, Ema DOBOSZOVA (SVK) is only 4.51 points behind Marilena. And she is at the head of a VERY big group where 11 skaters are covered by just 3.21 points, stretching down to Maé-Bérénice MÉITÉ (FRA) in 18th position.

The upshot is that Marilena has to be very careful not to make any mistakes in the FS. Because if she does, she could very easily be swallowed up by this group.

So, here is to a very good FS for Marilena!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 17:30:00 CET (11:30:00 EST / 16:30:00 GMT / 18:30:00 EET). So 9h 30m from now.

Marilena will be the 24th skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 5 (and second skater to go after the second resurfacing).

The Group 5 Warm-Up is due to start at 21:18:20 CET (15:18:20 EST / 20:18:20 GMT / 22:18:20 EET). So 12h 48m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 21:32:40 CET (02:32:40 EST / 07:32:40 GMT / 09:32:40 EET). So 13h 02m from now.

[Link to be edited in if and when it becomes available]

https://villa-madison.com/gs2022/FSKWSINGLES-----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://villa-madison.com/gs2022/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 14th out of 27 in the FS, with a score of 95.43. This meant that she dropped to 11th place overall, with a score of 150.01.

Looking through the protocols, it doesn't look too bad, apart from three elements. But, as it turned out, only two of these elements were actually costly.

The opening element, the Double Axel, gave Marilena her second highest GOE, +0.86, and her best marks from the Judges, with the first three giving her +2 and the next four giving her +3. The Double Lutz that followed got neutral GOE and neutral marks from all the Judges except Judge 6, who gave +1.

For her third element, Marilena singled her Loop. However, she only got -0.04 in GOE. In terms of Judges marks, she got 0 from Judges 4 and 5, and -1 from the rest. So, she got away with it.

The fourth element, the Choreographic Sequence, got the highest GOE of the programme, at +1.10. Whilst she got no negative Judges marks, they varied greatly, with Judge 1 giving 0; Judge 6 giving +1; Judges 3 and 7 giving +2; and the remaining three Judges giving +3.

The Triple Flip was the first costly element. Because there was no livestream, I don't know exactly what went wrong. But, although she didn't fall, something must have gone badly wrong because she got -2.65 in GOE and Judges marks of -4 from Judge 3, and -5 from all the rest. All I know is that she landed on the quarter.

She also landed on the quarter when she did a Triple Flip as the first part of a combination with a Double Toe later on in the programme. it mustn't have went as badly as the first, as her GOE was -0.85 and she got -1 from three Judges, and -2 from four Judges.

Generally speaking, apart from those Triple Flips, there wasn't really anything that cost Marilena. Until the final element. I have no idea what happened, but her Change Foot Combination Spin was invalidated.

Marilena finished the Free Skate 1.12 points behind 13th position, Nataly LANGERBAUR (EST), and 6.77 points ahead of 15th position, Ester SCHWARZ (ITA). Marilena was at the bottom of a group of 4 skaters that was headed by 11th position, Maé-Bérénice MÉITÉ (FRA), who was 3.96 points ahead of Marilena. Anna LEVKOVETS (KAZ) was in 12th position, 2.49 points ahead of Marilena.

Overall, Marilena finished 5.22 points behind 10th position, Anastasia GOZHVA (UKR), and 3.44 points ahead of 12th position, Levkovets. Méité finished in 13th position, 0.32 points behind Levkovets.

Although she will be disappointed that the Free Skate meant that she dropped 6 positions in the overall results, Marilena should take reassurance from the fact that all her scores from the Golden Spin were absolute Season's Best scores. Which shows that she is making progress with these programmes. And that is what she should be aiming to do - to improve as the season goes on.

And the fact that she managed to get an SB despite what happened with the Loop, the Flips and the Change Foot Combination Spin shows that this programme is capable of taking her places!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marilena and Stefania are back in action today at the Latvia Trophy. However, there are a lot of question marks around what times things are happening at.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 15:55:00 EET (08:55:00 EST / 13:55:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 6th skater to start. So, second skater to go in Group 2.

And that is as much as I can tell you, as the link for the Time Schedule PDF is taking us to a 404 error page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHdLwnJO_Zg

http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/La...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/LatviaTrophy2022/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
MARILENA WON THE SENIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAMME, AND STEFANIA WON THE JUNIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAMME!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Latvia Trophy Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 1st out of 13 in the SP, with a score of 64.92.

Unfortunately, there were technical issues with the livestream. During the Group 2 Warm-Up, the screen went green, and it remained that way right up until near the end of the programme from the final skater in the group, skater #9 Jade HOVINE (BEL). The audio did remain, though, so we were able to keep track of what was happening. But we didn't get to actually see Marilena's programme. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, somewhere through the green screen, Marilena has taken a 12.24 point lead over Jogailė AGLINSKYTĖ (LTU).

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

These two, along with Anastasija ARKHIPOVA (UKR) in 4th position, are the only skaters that have no deductions.

And that's about as much as I can say at the moment. We'll have to wait to see the Protocols to find out more.

CaroLiza_fan

And the Protocols say that she did not get any minuses, be it in terms of GOE or Judges marks. For that matter, she only got one neutral mark, from Judge 4 for her second element, the Triple Lutz-Triple Toe combination.

Marilena is currently 6.28 points ahead of 2nd position, Sofja STEPCHENKO (LAT), and 6.64 points ahead of 3rd position, Nina PINNZARONE (BEL). Behind Pinnzarone is a 1.45 gap to 4th position, Meda VARIAKOYUTE (LTU), who is at the head of a group of 3 skaters covered by 1.67 points, down to 6th position, Jade HOVINE (BEL), who is 9.76 points behind Marilena.

As it stands, with the advantage she has from the SP, Marilena is looking VERY good for the title. However, we have seen in the past that the pressure can get to Marilena when she is in this sort of situation. And that pressure will rise even further if Stefania wins the Junior Ladies title a few hours beforehand.

So, I really hope she can hold it together and have the Free Skate of her life!

CaroLiza_fan

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 13:05:00 EET (06:05:00 EST / 11:05:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 13th skater to start. So, fifth and last skater in Group 3 (and last skater in the segment).

And that is as much as I can tell you, as the link for the Time Schedule PDF is taking us to a 404 error page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ORdIIr3EA

http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/La...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/LatviaTrophy2022/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marilena will be competing at the European Championships in Espoo, FInland, today.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 13:35:00 EET (06:35:00 EST / 11:35:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 11th skater to start. So, fifth and penultimate skater to go in Group 2.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:35:45 EET (07:35:45 EST / 12:35:45 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Marilena is due to start at 15:08:50 EET (08:08:50 EST / 13:08:50 GMT). So 8h 33m from now.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel (starts in 5h 40m from now):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHzn_tzuJvE

Here is the link for the "No Advert" coverage on the Eurosport website (starts in 5h 55m from now):
https://www.eurosport.com/figure-sk..._brdeurosport-e100243356c0ch20022/video.shtml

Here is the link for the "No Advert" coverage on Discovery+ UK (starts in 5h 55m from now):
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/vi...us-sport-sport/european-championships-3716811

https://results.isu.org/results/sea...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://results.isu.org/results/season2223/ec2023/SEG003.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Marilena finished 18th out of 29 in the SP, with a score of 53.71.

I know I normally point out mistakes that I spot in these posts about my kids immediately after they skate, but this is going to be short because there was a distinct lack of them.

That was beautiful.

The only problem was that very weird fall in the middle.

I always worry about Marilena's nerves. But if she had any today, they didn't show.

She seems happy enough waiting for her score.

Into 3rd, so she gets a wee "Q".

CaroLiza_fan

And the protocols largely agree with that assessment.

Obviously, the fall on the Step Sequence was costly, although not as costly as falls normally are. Rather than the usual -5's from all the Judges, she actually got two -3's; five -4's; and only two -5's. Maybe the fact that it wasn't a fall on a jump made a difference. Anyway, she also got -1.04 in GOE for it.

There was only one other element that got any minuses, and that was the Flying Sit Spin that came next. I didn't notice anything wrong with it at the time and, watching it back again on the archived livestream, I still can't! But the Judges had real mixed feelings about it, giving her two +1's; two 0's; three -1's; and two -2's. It also got -0.15 in GOE.

Marilena is currently 0.60 points behind 17th position, Alexandra FEIGIN (BUL), and 1.24 points ahead of 19th position, Daša GRM (SVN). They are all part of a larger group where 10 skaters are covered by 4.64 points, stretching from Julia SAUTER (ROU) in 11th position, 2.87 points ahead of Marilena; to Natasha McKAY (GBR) in 20th position, 1.77 points behind Marilena.

When you have a group this large, everything is still to play for. If Marilena puts in a good Free Skate, she can climb considerably up the order. Even a Top 10 position is possible because, at 4.42 points ahead of Marilena, current 10th position holder Lindsay van ZUNDERT (NED) is in range.

On the other hand, Marilena also has to be careful of the skaters behind her. As well as Grm and McKay within her own group, Mia Caroline RISA GOMEZ (NOR) in 21st position is also within striking distance, being 4.57 points behind Marilena.

Whatever happens, having so many skaters so close together is going to make it a very exciting Free Skate segment!

CaroLiza_fan

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 13:00:00 EET (06:00:00 EST / 11:00:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

Marilena will be the 7th skater to start. So, first skater in Group 2.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:54:45 EET (06:54:45 EST / 11:54:45 GMT). So 5h 54m from now.

Marilena is due to start at 14:02:30 EET (07:02:30 EST / 12:02:30 GMT). So 6h 02m from now.

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the ISU YouTube Channel (starts in 5 hours from now):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7PTArr31Gg

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Eurosport website (starts in 12h 35m from now):
https://www.eurosport.com/figure-skating/espoo/_brdeurosport-e-1326505612c0ch2/video.shtml

Here is the link for the "No Advert" coverage on the Eurosport website (starts in 5h 15m from now):
https://www.eurosport.com/figure-sk..._brdeurosport-e100246250c0ch20032/video.shtml

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 1 coverage on Discovery+ UK (starts in 12h 35m from now):
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/vi...rt/european-championships-e1-coverage-4080058

Here is the link for the "No Advert" coverage on Discovery+ UK (starts in 5h 15m from now):
https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/vi...lus-sport-sport/european-championship-4152539

https://results.isu.org/results/sea...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://results.isu.org/results/season2223/ec2023/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan