Mathman's Comedy | Golden Skate

Mathman's Comedy

This exercise is not as easy as it looks given the slippriness of the sport.

Who among the following will we see in the Last Group of Six to skate in the LP?

Irina Slutskaya;

Sasha Cohen

Susanna Poykio

Miki Ando

Carolina Kostner

Elena Sokolova

Sara Meier

Kimmie Meissner

Joannie Rochette

Michelle Kwan

Fumie Suguri

Shizuka Arakawa

Last edited:

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
As much as I love all of them, I think the 6th-place finisher in the short program will likely come down to between Elena Sokolova and Fumie (who is not as strong in the SP as Shizuka), and speaking of the JPN skaters, I don't think Miki will make it to the top 6, considering her risky 3z/3r and consistently "low" PCS. But it will come down to who nails the more difficult combo: Miki, Caro, Kimmie?
No doubt about it, the top 4 will be: Irina (unless her stamina and endurance are decreased by her illness), Sasha (two-footed flip or not), Shizuka (unless she underrotates her 3flip), Michelle (whose 2 axel by this time will be more consistent, but has the disadvantage of weaker spins vs. the others and a still-to-be-seen new SP by the judges).

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Irina
Michelle
Sasha
Shizuka
Fumie
Carolina
(but I would really love to see Joannie in there - hopefully she'll be 7th.....)

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Slute
Cohen
Kostner
Sokolova
Ando
....and someone missing from your choices: Gedevanishvili of Georgia :rock:

But if I'm forced to include a 6th person from the list, I pick Meissner.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Slutskaya
Cohen
Arakawa
Kostner
Sokolova
Suguri

Probably in that order. Kwan will be in the final group if she skates a clean short though I predict, I think 70% likely she misses something though. Rochette could be in the final group if others make mistakes, a clean skate by her alone wont make the final group. Ando will probably blow a spin or some other easy element, but if she skates clean and if she has her 3/3 ratified she could be in the top 3 after the short.

millie

Medalist
Mathman said:
Let's have a big skating contest and settle this once and for all!

yea MM and lets call the skating contest "The Olympics". What a good idea.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
millie said:
yea MM and lets call the skating contest "The Olympics". What a good idea.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Should we hand out medals on a string or maybe do a nice fruit basket instead? Personally, I like the fruit basket, it will give a more positive image to the kids watching at home vs. encouraging the whole bling-bling, pimped out necklace thing... However, if we do the necklace thing, I think we should do gold for 1st instead of platinum ~ in case we get this on tv, the gold will sparkle more... just a thought... :p

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Great idea for a post!

here's my prediction in no particular order:

Irina Slutskaya
Sasha Cohen
Carolina Kostner
Michelle Kwan
Elena Sokolova
Shizuka Arakawa

Consensus For The Final Six So Far

Results so far: