Max Aaron | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thx, guys. So a recording of a screen playing the ISU's archived video, I guess? 'Cause no Japanese chyrons.

It's the Japanese broadcast, just zoomed in closely on a recording device (probably a phone).

Listen closely to the final second of that video, golden. You can hear a voice begin to say "triple axel".

Sounds exactly like the voice at 1:18 on this Japan TV recording from Youtube: https://youtu.be/ib5Gb6cZMAA?t=79

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It seems like it, yes :)

Glad Max gets to go back to Skate for Hope, he seemed to really enjoy it last year.

Sad note is that his Twitter stalker seems to be ramping up her efforts again. Unfortunately, she has joined forces with Jason's stalker.

TMC

Record Breaker
Sad note is that his Twitter stalker seems to be ramping up her efforts again. Unfortunately, she has joined forces with Jason's stalker.

What exactly are they doing? Two wackos for the price of one sounds very, very alarming :shocked:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thx again, sabinfire :), for your thoroughness. And I do appreciate so much that you long before had discovered/shared the full Nessun Dorma SP video from the Japanese broadcast.
(When I came across the Instagram mini-video, I was just happy to have a good excuse to watch that shorter bit again.)

karne, the stalker stuff disturbs me too. The Max stalker alone has been very creepy (on Facebook, Twitter, you name it). But yikes, I hadn't realized that the person badgering Max to pay attention to the Max stalker is someone who stalks Jason. Terrible. :(

Because the default mode of both guys is friendliness, I hope they will be extremely careful to keep their guards up against those two (and any like them).

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What exactly are they doing? Two wackos for the price of one sounds very, very alarming :shocked:

Mainly, she is bombarding Max with tweets - sometimes as "simple" as "I love you!" to begging him to allow her to take him on a date to the hockey. Reading her twitter is mildly terrifying because every single Tweet is about or directed at Max. It seems, judging by everything else, that she actually met Max at an event last year, and her obsession has gone full scale since.

Jason's stalker has been at it for well over a year now; as I understand that situation, Jason followed her back on Twitter (as he used to do occasionally at one time), and she started bombarding him with direct messages. It seems he told her to stop, but when she didn't, he blocked her, and she just about had a full-scale meltdown on Twitter. Her bombardment eased for a time, but it started picking up again with the new season. She seems to have a liking for Max as well, and somehow she and Max's stalker have got in contact, and now she too tweets at Max regularly.

karne, the stalker stuff disturbs me too. The Max stalker alone has been very creepy (on Facebook, Twitter, you name it). But yikes, I hadn't realized that the person badgering Max to pay attention to the Max stalker is someone who stalks Jason. Terrible. :(

Because the default mode of both guys is friendliness, I hope they will be extremely careful to keep their guards up against those two (and any like them).

Yes. I'd noticed the Jason stalker starting to tweet at Max over the course of the post-Nationals part of the season, but I can't help but think what a ill stroke of luck it was that she then linked up with Max's stalker.

The stalkers have, unfortunately, chosen their targets well - two of the sweetest guys in figure skating, who would not want to hurt anybody. I do hope, above all, that US Figure Skating is aware of the issue - because it might well be that an additional class on how to deal with such things could be necessary at Champs Camp. It is just Jason and Max for now, as far as I know - but other skaters could well become targets, especially in this age of social media.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The stalkers have, unfortunately, chosen their targets well - two of the sweetest guys in figure skating, who would not want to hurt anybody. I do hope, above all, that US Figure Skating is aware of the issue - because it might well be that an additional class on how to deal with such things could be necessary at Champs Camp. It is just Jason and Max for now, as far as I know - but other skaters could well become targets, especially in this age of social media.
This is certainly a problem in the age of social media. If a potential stalker gets a response from the celebrity via social media he/she can have the feeling of being singled out. And if the attention suddenly stops they go crazy. Two stalkers allying sounds pretty bad, they will undoubtedly encourage each other. I can't tell how much I hate stalkers, I had one a couple of years ago and then only for a couple of weeks. Got him by beeing friendly, got rid of him by having friends threaten him (I'm not proud of that part, but I frankly didn't know what to do and a friend of mine suggested that he was willing to "arrange" it, so I agreed.). I'm not naturally anxious, but it took my quite a while to get over that. F.e. going around my car before getting in (because he got in via the passenger side door once), avoiding coming home when it was dark (because he hid in front of the house where I live).
But I don't think they have any idea what they're really doing. I hope they're just teenage girls who have a crush on them. That will go away.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is certainly a problem in the age of social media. If a potential stalker gets a response from the celebrity via social media he/she can have the feeling of being singled out. And if the attention suddenly stops they go crazy. Two stalkers allying sounds pretty bad, they will undoubtedly encourage each other. I can't tell how much I hate stalkers, I had one a couple of years ago and then only for a couple of weeks. Got him by beeing friendly, got rid of him by having friends threaten him (I'm not proud of that part, but I frankly didn't know what to do and a friend of mine suggested that he was willing to "arrange" it, so I agreed.). I'm not naturally anxious, but it took my quite a while to get over that. F.e. going around my car before getting in (because he got in via the passenger side door once), avoiding coming home when it was dark (because he hid in front of the house where I live).
But I don't think they have any idea what they're really doing. I hope they're just teenage girls who have a crush on them. That will go away.

Oh psuanne, how terrifying! I am glad you were able to get rid of yours.

The Jason stalker knows. She has been told to stop before, not just by him, but by others, when things got ridiculous on Jason's FB page a little while back.

Sadly, I don't think either are teenage girls. I would be a lot less concerned if they were.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh psuanne, how terrifying! I am glad you were able to get rid of yours.

The Jason stalker knows. She has been told to stop before, not just by him, but by others, when things got ridiculous on Jason's FB page a little while back.

Sadly, I don't think either are teenage girls. I would be a lot less concerned if they were.
No teenage girls ... this is a reason to be concerned, because grown-ups have time, money and resources. I hope they'll come to their senses and also, that Max' and Jason's dedicated fans will not have to suffer too much because of those idiots.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No teenage girls ... this is a reason to be concerned, because grown-ups have time, money and resources. I hope they'll come to their senses and also, that Max' and Jason's dedicated fans will not have to suffer too much because of those idiots.

Very sorry to hear about your experience, psusanne.

In agreement with karne, my two cents are that the looks, behavior, etc., of Max's stalker signal to me that she is not a teen -- unfortunately.

I do hope that the stalkers will cease and desist.

Until then, what I really hope (and pls don't get me wrong, I know that we all feel the same ) is that Max and Jason are protecting themselves, but otherwise are unhindered as much as possible by the existence of the stalkers.

ETA:
... I do hope, above all, that US Figure Skating is aware of the issue - because it might well be that an additional class on how to deal with such things could be necessary at Champs Camp. It is just Jason and Max for now, as far as I know - but other skaters could well become targets, especially in this age of social media.

Forgot to say that your Champs Camp idea is a good one.
And I hope that meanwhile, any skater who is getting unwanted attention can get access via USFS to one-on-one professional advice about personal security??​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Phillip Mills was interviewed by The Skating Lesson.
Part 1 was published just this evening. 37:05.
[ETA: In the interview, Phillip makes many references to working with Max -- in the course of discussing Trenary, Machida, Kwan, etc.]
The descriptive blurb:
Phillip Mills is one of the leading choreographers in the skating world. Over the last few decades, Mills has worked with a myriad of the sport’s top names: Tatsuki Machida, Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Jill Trenary, Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron, among countless others. In part one of our interview, we discuss Mills’ transition from a professional ballet dancer into the skating world, his choreographic process and some of his iconic pupils.

On a happier note:

Maddie posted this pic on instagram for Mother's Day - an Aaron family pic of yesteryear, with teeny weeny Maddie and not-much-bigger Max.

Thx, karne. Such a cute family. The Aaron parents must be very proud. Hope Mrs. Aaron had a Happy Mother's Day.
So sweet that on one side, Max is holding Molly's hand, and that on his other side, Maddie has her arm entwined around his.

For the sake of completeness, Max's tweet to his mother:‏
@MaxTAaron
Happy Mother's Day to the greatest Mom there is in the entire World! Thank you for always being there for all of us!
2:28 PM - 10 May 2015
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/597513543718604800

And @MaddieAaron25's reply:
@MaxTAaron She is the BEST! Happy Mother's Day!!!! #wehavethebestmom
6:05 PM - 10 May 2015
https://twitter.com/MaddieAaron25/status/597568084254285824

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Loving the Phillip Mills interview and he says many wonderful things about Max. Here's my favourite part.

I have to say, Max Aaron has gone above and beyond, you know, what I'm asking him to do. Which is so great because, I don't know what it's been like in the past, but, you know I guess he has very strong opinions, and he has been wonderful.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Part two of the Phillip Mills interview on TSL is up, and even though oh my goodness will you shut up about Ashley guys seriously, Phil has popped in a few nice Max tidbits.

One of them means we're going to see less of Max on Twitter than we already do; Phillip's MO is to ask the skater to stay off social media and he's started with Max cutting back. I actually very much agree with this, especially for Max. Phillip's description of how hurtful social media can be seems particularly appropriate for Max, especially since Phillip also would have been around during the backlash from Adam and his fans about Max's WTT selection.

Actually I found that part a bit hypocritical because TSL were among those encouraging discontentedness about WTT.

EDIT:

Ah, now, finally, they're talking about Max. This is great stuff! Phillip says Max is a "red", which he says is a lot of fire and intensity (unsurprising I'm sure!) and that Max was the one who drove the music selections of Nessun Dorma and Black Swan. He talks a lot about how much Max loves ballet and one of the first things they talked about was that Max said he wanted to do the Nutcracker, so Phillip says there is a Nutcracker program in Max's future. :yay:

Hahahaha, the dicussion about the Black Swan. So apparently Phillip had a totally different cut prepared, but Max didn't like it, and he went straight to the Black Swan, so they ended up with this cut (and Phillip's still not sure about it). The ChSq that we already love so much is inspired by the men's coda from the actual ballet! :)

Phillip is really working Max's crossovers, says he wants him to hold each edge longer and get deeper into it. Farewell, then, I guess, to the Max hockey crossovers!

Oh my goodness, here's one that's going to be interesting. He has told Max to stop lifting weights! This is to do with his posture. He thinks Max is almost too big :)drama:) !!! There is some agreement that Max's body type seems to pack on muscle easily. Phillip believes Max is keeping his promise because he looked less "pumped up" when he saw him just before WTT (and actually, there were some comments to that effect in the PBP threads that Max looked leaner).

Now they're talking about working on the jumps, and his refrain is that he tells Max to land the quads on "a crystal coffee table". Less heavy landings, which I am certainly not going to argue with. Jenny still has a total crush on Max and this is obvious. :p Phillip wants to "calm down" the landings, which I think is required.

Also, facial expression work.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
You gotta love Mr. Mills. Lots of things to admire there, the interview really is great. I especially like the fact that he requests (I know that he didn't say that exactly in the interview, but I'm sure he does) to be involved after the initial choreography has been done. And with all the experience that he has this can only be very beneficial for Max, also because Max seems to trust him. And the story of him only going with Ashley to WTT if she intends to do 3-3. Just like Fassi told him "it's a sport first". :biggrin: So there's no danger that Max will neglect his jumps.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guess whose photo is the very first in IN's gallery of "The 2014-15 season in pictures" ;)?

Glad to see curly Max get a last outing (though sad that the slain Gladiator did not make their pick)!.

A little befuddled at the exclusion of the third member of our Golden Trio. The breakout Nationals performance? The silver medal at 4CC? None of this warranted inclusion?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Glad to see curly Max get a last outing (though sad that the slain Gladiator did not make their pick)!.

A little befuddled at the exclusion of the third member of our Golden Trio. The breakout Nationals performance? The silver medal at 4CC? None of this warranted inclusion?

That is really really odd.

I really hate how fickle some people in skating are. It seems some can't see past your most recent performance.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Agree that the absence of Josh is a bummer.

The selection of photos definitely is arbitrary.
Polina Edmunds was left out as well.
As were U.S. medalists Karen Chen, Hubbell/Donohue, Hawayek/Baker.
Max Settlage's photo cartoons were included :), but real-life Maddie/Max on ice were not :eek:hwell:.

And I did not mean to make too much of Max A being the first photo.
Lucky timing was in his favor, b/c he was a star of the U.S. Classic, the first big international of the season.