Men LP report | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men LP report

Well, at least he got positive GOEs. :)

The question I have is this. What is the difference between a score of

2A<

and

1A.

Since these are not triple jumps, maybe it doesn't matter. But suppose you did a triple Axel, then your second triple Axel attempt was downgraded to a double.

Under what circumstances would you just get

2A

and when would you get

3A<+SEQ?

Now it would make a difference, because under the 3A< senario this would count against your Zayak totals. (?)

Anna

On the Ice
You got 2A if you "pop" the jump (never rotate for than 2.5 revolutions). You got 3A< if you underrotated 3A, no matter if that would be relatively minor, slightly over quater of turn, underrotation or if you open the jump after 3 revolutions and crash on it.

I do not know the exact wording of the rule, but I would say, yes, 3A< counts towards the number of repeated triples even if it only get the base value of the double.

ETA. You don't get 3A "downgraded" just because you have already done one. If you repeat the second "solo" 3A, it would be 3A+SEQ (on the assumption that it should have been a combo/sequence, under the rules, but you just "forget" about it), and it's base value will be multiplied by 0.8 (the rule for scoring sequences of jumps, IIRC, it's a novel thing, previously you would have it as 3A+COM and receive a full credit for 3A).

Last edited:
That's very interesting. So it would be better just to do a 2A (3.3 points) than to try a 3A and get it downgraded, especially if it is your second one (3.3 for the downgrade x .8 = 2.64, and also loss of opportunity to to another triple jump later.)