Men - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Just saw the clips of Lambiel, Takahashi and Weir. I think that these three skaters all have awesome programmes.

- Lambiel was not ready at all, but the choreography and his interpretation of music was fantastic. Really looking forward to watch a faultless performance of this programme!!!

- Weir skated a great performance, and it will get even better with more mileage. I don´t like the white part in his costume, in my opinion it would look better without it.

- Takahashi was really fantastic, wonderful and effortless looking jumps coming out of nowhere (Ilia Kulik comes into my mind) and great footwork. He has such a beautiful music and really awesome choreography. I give to Takahashi´s execution even more value, because he skated immediately after Weir´s successful performance.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Lambiel is only able to pull up to 3rd place, because of how far behind he is of Weir and Takahashi, he will be under pressure at his other GP event as he will have to win it to reach the final.

He has to beat out Verner for third. Verner has a 71, and he scored 133 in the Nebelhorn FS to win the event. If Verner, Weir and Takahashi all score in the mid-130s, Lambiel will have to score 147-150 to medal. In his current state of preparedness, he may not be able to do that.

Lambiel's second event is NHK. He will have time to recuperate and practice, but he will have to face Oda and Takahashi on their home turf. If Lambiel wants to make the GPF, he will have to win NHK if he doesn't medal at SC. If he pulls off bronze at SC, he will have to win silver at NHK.

When a skater does not come prepared or just has a bad hair day, it seems to me that the skater was not interested in the first place. I can see Stephane not going to NHK.

Joe

shine

Record Breaker
Yannick Posero is so wonderful! I loved him at Jr. Worlds, I loved his SP here. He's so light and fluid with his blades and there's such a wonderful flow in his overall presentation. Love his musicality too, and think he's a bit undermarked in the PCS.
What a talent!