4 Christopher MABEE CAN 171.65 9 4
5 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 170.55 6 6
6 Ben FERREIRA CAN 169.72 10 5
7 Yannick PONSERO FRA 166.20 4 10
8 Ivan DINEV BUL 165.71 7 7
9 Takeshi HONDA JPN 165.54 5 9
10 Roman SEROV ISR 164.91 8 8
11 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 154.92 11 11

What is going on with Takeshi and Stefan????

Wow, by vaulting over Takahashi, both Oda and Lysacek made the finals, knocking out Joubert!

Sandhu
Buttle
Takahashi
Oda
Lambiel
Lysacek

Mathman said:
Wow, by vaulting over Takahashi, both Oda and Lysacek made the finals, knocking out Joubert!

Sandhu
Buttle
Takahashi
Oda
Lambiel
Lysacek
This is another case of early predictions don't mean much. Well, Joannie, Shizuka, and now Joubert can get right to practicing for their respective Nats.

I followed Evan's career all through Juniors. He may be dubbed Prince of the Podium but still not King of the Gold.

2 Canadians, 2 Japanese, l European; 1 USA.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
At least this seems fair to me (as opposed to the ladies final). Any way you look at it, the placements of the 6 finalists are genuinely better than those of other skaters.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Evan is certainly good at skating his best when everybody else screws up. That is the only way he has success. Takahashi has not gotten over his consistency problems it seems. Too bad Lambiel was not here instead of Cup of Russia, he would have cleaned up.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
Evan is certainly good at skating his best when everybody else screws up. That is the only way he has success.

That's what competition is. Although sometimes figure skating turns into a contest of who is the best in the absolute universe, that's really not what a competition is supposed to be. It's supposed to be about performing when the heat is on. If Lysacek wasn't a good skater, he wouldn't have a prayer. But his talent combined with his consistency seem to be delivering for him. Lambiel hardly cleaned up in his last two competitions. No saying he would have in Japan.

herios

Medalist
anya_angie said:
*sob* What does this mean for Takeshi's Olympic hopes?

I will tell you, he is pretty much toasted! He is unlucky that there is only one spot for the team, and this is the year, both Takahashi and Oda came up strongly, because I thought it would've been nice to have a nice swan song a la Elvis in 2002....but, unlikely it would happen.
Fact is he didn't recoup entirely. And if his jumps are not there...his program is not in the same league as Takahashi's

The Japanese Nationals could be his last competition....

Herios _ Joseph

I look forward to seeing Evan's new Carmen program. His Grease program, IMHO, emphasized what was worst about his dancy skating style, namely that it is lightwieght and not to be taken seriously when he is up against the big boys.

Dance is fine, but you want to be Fred Astaire, not Ray Bolger.

MM