Men's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Johnny's program

Jaana said:
I´m feeling sooo sad for Weir.... What a pity that he even got an injury. He sure has had bad luck and seems to have made some not so good choices for this season. Weir apparently has had nothing but problems because of the choreography. Actually I don´t understand all those problems. Didn´t he in past season have a freeskate that was CoP-friendly? Maybe he should go back to that and make just some little adjustments to get a higher lever for some elements? I would hope that till US Nationals the problems have been fixed in one way or another.

It looks like Weir is out of GPF... I´m though very, very glad for Sandhu!!! There has been so much negativity towards him, that a win like this was needed. I just hope that he will in future manage to skate well BOTH sp AND lp...
Johnny has said that after finishing the new programs they sent tapes to the judges & the judges returned them saying that all the spins & footwork were level one & that he needed to add difficulity.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
sk8fanconvert said:
Johnny has said that after finishing the new programs they sent tapes to the judges & the judges returned them saying that all the spins & footwork were level one & that he needed to add difficulity.

Ouch..............I was wondering why his PCS were in the 6's :frown2:

Mathman said:
Well, we've seen Joubert, Weir, Lysacek, VanderPerren, Honda, Takahashi, Buttle, Sandhu and Goebel. Anything can happen, and we haven't seen Lambiel yet. But so far, if Plushenko doesn't win the gold medal in Turin I'll eat my hat.
I've got a lovely number from Henri Bendel all picked out for you. :laugh:

Wowee! What an event--from what it sounds like. Once again Buttle seems to show that creativity combined with good choreography and the COP can do wonderful things!

Now I just can't wait to see SC--at least the scraps ABC and ESPN throw our way down in the lower 48.

Best wishes to Johnny Weir on a speedy recovery and regaining his confidence. Be an elite artiste all you want, Johnny. Just remember where the skate blades hit the ice.

Rgirl

Johar

Medalist
Poor Johnny Weir! I nearly cried when I saw him crying. He was afraid to go off the ice because of memories of the 2003 Nationals.

anya_angie

Final Flight
I was more than a little upset for Johnny. The poor kid. My heart goes out to him, and I hope he makes a FULL recovery. I wish that he would skip the rest of the GP and take some time to rest. But I don't think that will happen.

I really am numb after seeing how upset he was. I don't have the urge to celebrate Sandhu's achievement.

I must say though it would be nice if COP rewarded two clean programs instead of one. But that's just my thought. What can I say, sigh.

I am going to e-mail Johnny a get-well card and letter...