Mens' LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mens' LP

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Come on, Kristoffer! Rock the house down!

Wrlmy

Medalist
Wasn't that a 3 Toe?

Anyway, that audience is really awful - if you would have just given me Audio I might have thought that Adrian landed about one clean jump. Where is the enthusiasm? It's like a freaking funeral.

I thought the audience was very appreciative. Maybe not as enthusiastic as European or Asian crowds, but do keep in mind the major part of the American audience are grannies.

casken

On the Ice
I remember liking Schultheiss's program a lot more a SA. I think I expected it to grow more, but stamina is clearly an issue for him. It prevents him from being as compelling as he could be.

eta: The crowd was the same way when Worlds were in the US in 2003. Even as an American I hate it when Worlds are in the US. The audience is so passive except for certain exceptions.

Tigger

Final Flight
Wasn't that a 3 Toe?

Anyway, that audience is really awful - if you would have just given me Audio I might have thought that Adrian landed about one clean jump. Where is the enthusiasm? It's like a freaking funeral.

And it's been like that for everything so far and I have a feeling that could be part of the reason for the lackluster performances we've been seeing. There's no energy at all in that building for the skaters to grab and get some momentum from them. It's really awful and a shame.

Danale

On the Ice
I thought the audience was very appreciative. Maybe not as enthusiastic as European or Asian crowds, but do keep in mind the major part of the American audience are grannies.

I thought the asian crowd was taking it to the other side of extreme, you know ... :biggrin:

beep_beep

Medalist
Kristoffer seemed to have problems on every single jump...:no:
But the robot was darn perfect!
And how can the audience not clap to Axel F ?? Come on...

Eevun

Final Flight
This is too much for my poor nerves... both of them in a row... I don't think I breathe at all when Koffe skated... Score please... I don't think they'll do this...

Medusa

Record Breaker
And it's been like that for everything so far and I have a feeling that could be part of the reason for the lackluster performances we've been seeing. There's no energy at all in that building for the skaters to grab and get some momentum from them. It's really awful and a shame.

That doesn't bode well for Brian, he thrives on the audience. In Göteborg they basically cheered throughout the entire performance.

Guys like Chan and Kozuka who just do their thing out there might have an advantage then.

Wrlmy

Medalist
On a second thought, American audience have no idea who these skaters are. In Europe, Euro is such a big deal that European audience get to see skaters from 30 something countries. In Asia, fs is pretty big, so lots of top tier skaters are pretty well known. Here, what do we get? Nothing.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
The CBC commentator is doing the whole competition all by herself. That is a lot of work for one person. I hope she is being paid well. And I hope the shortfall in revenue for the CBC does not effect it's coverage next year... :(

CBC alreay anounced it's going to layoff several hundred ppl to cut cost...

Good for Jeremy Ten:clap: pulling off the best LP of his first senior season!
Landing 8 triples, and just slightly turnout on the fully rotated 3A:rock:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Denis TEN

3a-3t whoa
3a like buttah
3z
3z-2t-2r(tano)
3f
Dear Piseev, please adopt this kid.
3r
3s-missed the second jump