Men's SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
I'm not sure if it hurt him by 7 points. You may have noticed I posted a generic version of a COP question in the Edge that actually relates specifically to Lambiel's single axel. A minimum of a double axel is a required element in the Men's (and Ladies) short, so a single axel would be a completely missed required element. I'm still not clear exactly what the COP scoring implications are in total for a completely missed element, but I suspect it is probably more than just the difference in value between a triple axel and a single axel.

I'm hoping to find a bit more time today to study up on the single axel COP information.

DG
You may not have noticed that I answered your post in detail, and I repeated the short version in my post directly above:

Single axel in the SP means start with base score of single axel (1.5) and take a mandatory GOE of -3 (-1.2 in single axel points), for a total of .3 for the element.

A base score on a 3A is 7.5.

The math is: 7.5-.3=7.2, which is the 7 or so point difference between Lambiel and Joubert.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hockeyfan...my TOTAL apologies to you...

I've been hit and miss today between work (what an ugly reality LOL). I noticed your reply in the Edge but hadn't had time to fully digest it. THANK YOU THANK YOU for your continued support of us COP "Wannabees" around here. This info is SO valuable. I did not see your post on this thread before I stuck in my last post. There may have been time lapse in my reading / working, or maybe we posted at similar times.

PLEASE PLEASE know that I totally appreciate your COP wisdom at ALL times, not just when I have a question. I don't want you to think I'm the type to ask a detailed question, and then totally ignore the repsponse if it's not what I want to hear.

Mean time, it does sound like a single axel COULD result in a 7 point differential. Very interesting. I can't wait until I "get" this stuff as thoroughly as you do. Mean time, I truly appreciate your help!!

DG