Michael Christian Martinez | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Michael Christian Martinez

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations Michael on your season's best in the SP! He landed all his jumps, including a triple axel with a fan spiral entry. Yes he may not have the technical content of the top men, but he is so enjoyable to watch with such moves and of course his beautiful spins.

He is just .26 ahead of Julian so at this point it appears that it is neck and neck as who will emerge as the top Southeast Asian male figure skater in this year's 4CC. Wishing him a great free skate on Sunday. Go Michael!

Last edited:

banchan20

Spectator
Guys, I would just like to ask something. Why is MCM's wiki still not updated? Is it not that important? Sometimes I get confused with w.p.'s relevance. Mist prominent unchanged data there is his coach. I looked at his coach's profile and it's also not updated. Thanks 4 those who will answer my weird question.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, congrats to him for placing 14th at 4CC. I've looked at the feedback and consensus is he's improving and stabilizing a lot. Good luck on the Asian Winter Games!

gladiolusc

Medalist
Guys, I would just like to ask something. Why is MCM's wiki still not updated? Is it not that important? Sometimes I get confused with w.p.'s relevance. Mist prominent unchanged data there is his coach. I looked at his coach's profile and it's also not updated. Thanks 4 those who will answer my weird question.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, congrats to him for placing 14th at 4CC. I've looked at the feedback and consensus is he's improving and stabilizing a lot. Good luck on the Asian Winter Games!

Wikipedia's community driven. So you or anyone can update it! (It's why teachers don't usually allow that as a source in assignments.)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Michael and the rest of the 4CC Southeast Asian contingent posing happily with (who else but) Yuzuru. :): https://web.facebook.com/TropicalFr...1827.658673847537506/1396509823753901/?type=3

- - - Updated - - -

Hi banchan20! Congratulations on your first post and welcome to GS and Michael's fanthread.

I am cheering Michael on as well in the Asian Winter Games where he'll come up against some of the same competitors he faced at 4CC. Hope he improves his SBs, if not PBs, there as he builds towards Worlds.

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I haven't seen this pic from all the banquet pics at 4CC. Thanks so much for sharing! And aside from Yuzu, I also support MCM. He's so fun to watch, especially his Biellmann spin (which to me is the best from the current men's field). Good luck to him at Worlds :)

I've previously said that I liked Yuzuru's Biellman a little better, but now I put MCMs Biellman just a little above Yuzuru's. Even MCMs cantilever imo is best among the men.

Cheering for MCM as well! :hap10:

IceBlueEyes

Spectator
Not true. The guy recording didn't know much about skating, so even if he swore to be only counting revolutions, I doubt he knows not to count the half revolution as one.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Bit gutted for the guy... should have gone for broke!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Congratulations to MCM and the Philippines on being called up to compete in Pyeongchang!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Is he still training? He is not at 4ccs

I don't think anyone truly knows what his state is. He skipped Nationals as well and if you look at his twitter, is trying to gain weight. That doesn't quite match up to being in full training to me, but he did get a new sponsor, which he tagged with PC.