milestones for teen skater | Golden Skate

milestones for teen skater

emilyskates!

Rinkside
this has proably been discussed but what are the milestones of a figure skater (who started under 14)?

when does one (with private coaching) get their axel/doubles? 1 year after they start skating?
what about competition? does one do competition once they learn all basic spins?

how long does it take to learn the biellman spin? I am very flexible so will it take me a few months or a year?

I know this is a difficult question sorry

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Started Under 14?
That's not very specific - you can start at 6years old or 13.5years old.

Or by milestones for teen skater do you mean those who started as a teenager (13?)

Arwen17

Final Flight
You keep posting the same questions over and over again.
Focus on skating at the rink. Talk to some of the other kids there.

They have competitions for every level. If you want to compete, you need to talk to your coach and parents and get that organized thru them.

Can you do a proper biellmann position off-ice right now? If you can't do it off-ice, you won't be able to do it on-ice.

Some skaters manage to get their axel by year 2, but it's totally normal for it to take 4-5 or more years, even if they skate every day. Doubles can take even longer. It varies wildly by person. So there's no way to predict it. You just have to keep practicing what your coach tells you and see what happens.

Don't compare yourself to other 13-year-olds who have been skating since age 5. That's not fair to yourself. They have far more years of experience already.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
You get it when you get it. Lots of practice (but not too much). You aren't going to have the same skills as a kid who's been skating since they were 5. You may never get these things, or it could happen quickly and easily, but the former is usually the way it goes the later you start.
Here's the best thing you can do: Go talk to your parent(s), get a coach, and properly fit skates and blades for your skill level, and listen to the coach and learn things properly, and that will help you achieve some of these things with hard work.