Mirai's long program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mirai's long program

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thanks Nadine, you found it. Is it not lovely and can you see Mirai in her LP??? She Nicole is even wearing the gold braid I want woven into Mirai's hair. Mirai should copy this dress! The powder blue can work with right details. I'm sure Frank tells Mirai not to read the skating boards, but I hope she reads this thread!

Nadine

Record Breaker
You and I are simpatico when it comes to not only Nicole, but also Mirai! :love: I need say no more because you've already taken the words out of my mouth. Truth. I will leave you to it... :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks Nadine, you found it. Is it not lovely and can you see Mirai in her LP??? She Nicole is even wearing the gold braid I want woven into Mirai's hair. Mirai should copy this dress! The powder blue can work with right details. I'm sure Frank tells Mirai not to read the skating boards, but I hope she reads this thread!

she read GS last year and tweeted about us, so she knows we exist...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't know why skaters read these fan boards...seriously, they are only asking for it.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I don't know why skaters read these fan boards...seriously, they are only asking for it.

I think skaters know that on Goldenskate, we behave. On other boards (and my facebook hahaha), I can't guarantee =P

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think skaters know that on Goldenskate, we behave. On other boards (and my facebook hahaha), I can't guarantee =P

Not too sure I'm in agreement here (sorry)...

Even Twitter is not a safe haven, but vast majority of skaters know better than to follow fans anyway :p

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
If I were in the public eye, I doubt I'd be able to resist reading comments about me on the internet.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nothing inherently bad about reading the comments/boards, if you have a thick skin go for it- maybe some get motivated by the negative comments...but the beef I have is this: Don't then complain about it and expect those people to change their act/stop being critical. I've seen a couple skaters do it this season alone and it's just so *facepalm* to me...

ETA: the only exception I see is to clear up a false/disturbing rumor going around...but other than that, the point stands.

Last edited:

brightphoton

Medalist
Can someone post the picture of Bobek's Spartacus outfit? I don't have Facebook (GASP!!!!) and can't see it.

krenseby

Final Flight

Do you think most skaters, upon reading GoldenSkate, would think that we are treating them fairly? (By fairly, I mean that we both give them their dues for their strengths as well as reasonably but not excessively criticize their weaknesses.)

I think we are quite mild, pleasant and well-meaning in our constructive criticism. I caught up with Patrick Chan and Rachael Flatt coming back from Rachael's debutante ball last year and asked them that very question.

They said, "Let's check with Mira Leung."

It's a recipe for insult and injury when you have anonymous posters speaking frankly behind the backs of the skaters. Skaters should stay out. But of course many of them can't bear to.

It's a conundrum because every sport needs passionate fans and fans need to express their passions, positive and negative. A forum like this helps build up the fan base for sure.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol this brings to mind Elvis Stojko. I was blown away, literally, when I found out he reads GS! :eek: Yegods, one has to have a thick skin in order to read it. I don't know if I could without getting upset by some of the remarks, even my own! :biggrin:

But then again, one has to have a thick skin in order to be a champion in the vein of Elvis & Zhenya, as I'm sure Evgeni reads the board(s) as well. ;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It's a recipe for insult and injury when you have anonymous posters speaking frankly behind the backs of the skaters. Skaters should stay out. But of course many of them can't bear to.

It's a conundrum because every sport needs passionate fans and fans need to express their passions, positive and negative. A forum like this helps build up the fan base for sure.

Yep.

krenseby

Final Flight
Lol this brings to mind Elvis Stojko. I was blown away, literally, when I found out he reads GS! :eek: Yegods, one has to have a thick skin in order to read it. I don't know if I could without getting upset by some of the remarks, even my own! :biggrin:

But then again, one has to have a thick skin in order to be a champion in the vein of Elvis & Zhenya, as I'm sure Evgeni reads the board(s) as well. ;)

It's kinda interesting to reflect upon the fact that this is after all an English-language forum which may preclude skaters outside of US and Canada from reading it. Of course, Western European skaters may in fact feel connected enough to the English-speaking world to care to read GoldenSkate. Russian and East Asian skaters are less likely to though. I can't imagine either Akiko or Elizaveta reading the messages here. It's not even an issue of whether they understand English or not. They probably care more about what the audiences in their own country think about them than what your average North American fan of figure skating does.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
You and I are simpatico when it comes to not only Nicole, but also Mirai! :love: I need say no more because you've already taken the words out of my mouth. Truth. I will leave you to it... :)
We were separated at birth, Nadine-you say it as you see it and you are usually funny! Love your craziness for Plush-he is for the ages.

We must somehow get everyones' sincere advice to Mirai to tweak what she can this year. If she goes to Worlds, I want to see her on the podium. I'll settle for bronze. She needs a boost and to prove to all she can do it if she trains. I still love you Mirai-we all do, if you still check us out. Lots of good suggestions in this thread coming from our hearts. We are very interested in you, Mirai and there is a consensus about music you might use, other choreogs. Most still feel you can be World Champion because you showed us your true colors at the pressure event of all and came in fourth!

Just in case you lurk! Or post!

and for the trifecta, I think Zhenya is a great champion, and nice guy despite the bravura comments. He has a great sense of humor and no other major star would have poked fun at himself with Sex Bomb. (the worlds best exhibition skate-too funny-still remember MK and the crew all cracking up by the boards.)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
so, what do you all think of 'Nocole Bobek's dress from her caersar II skate in Nadines post? Is this not a better style/packaging for little lost Mirai this season? I'm waiting for her to show us up at Nationals then Worlds!