MK on The View | Page 2 | Golden Skate

MK on The View

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
YAY!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you sooo much Red Dog ~ that totally made my day (even if my co-workers are doing the whole *Sigh* thing on the other side of the wall b-cause I'm watching the video...whatever)

For those non-fans, haters, and who simply cannot understand Kwan Nation, this interview is why... it won't change your opinion, but it might give you better understanding. Its about more than her spiral or lutz. Awesome athlete. Awesome role model. Awesome person. She's simply Michelle.

And I'm sorry, those who think Michelle can't hold her own in a commentating / tv style are totally off base. That was a great interview. . I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up on tv for good....

I simply love Michelle Kwan :bow: :bow:

Ok, now that I've gotten that outta my system, I can go back to my usual, cranky, cynical self...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks RD! She looks FABULOUS. Love the glamour girl hair. Wish she would pronounce her words more clearly.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Welll, I thought Michelle did extremely well in this interview! Not only did she look fantastic, but she was composed and comfortable. She had great answers to the questions (the kind of answers that people who encourage Johnny to speak his mind would hate!). She is obviously very respected by many, many people and that is why she is so incredibly popular. Those women are right: Michelle is a role model through and through.

A question, though. I asked this on another board, but maybe you all can help me here. What did Star mean by the comment about not taking the earrings away from the Asian girl?

Thanks, RD, for your video!:)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Piel said:
Thanks RD! She looks FABULOUS. Love the glamour girl hair. Wish she would pronounce her words more clearly.
I thought she spoke very well in this interview. She even said "Olympics" instead of her usual "Lympics". She still does not have perfect enunciation, but she sounded fine to me.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
A question, though. I asked this on another board, but maybe you all can help me here. What did Star mean by the comment about not taking the earrings away from the Asian girl?

Star was trying to be funny... Its a black girl pre-fight comment. Usage: If a black girl says: don't make me take off my earrings & then does... that's your a**. I thought it hilarious that Michelle knew what Starr was referring to...

Lucy25

Final Flight
Kwanford Wife said:
Star was trying to be funny... Its a black girl pre-fight comment. Usage: If a black girl says: don't make me take off my earrings & then does... that's your a**. I thought it hilarious that Michelle knew what Starr was referring to...
Thank you so much! I never would have gotten that, and I wonder if Michelle really did, or if she was just being polite.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
Thank you so much! I never would have gotten that, and I wonder if Michelle really did, or if she was just being polite.

No... she got it... I could tell by the cackle & the motion of removing her earring... it was too too funny...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Tyler Perry was on the show before Michelle. They were discussing his character "Madea" and the earring thing. Michelle probably saw it from the green room?

No birth mark that I could see.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Red Dog. Michelle looked gorgeous. It was nice to see her smiling again. Loved her interview. She looked so comfortable talking with the View ladies. I liked her little comparison story about the girls in the locker room at COI and at the Olympics, very funny.

leon

Rinkside
Thanks Red Dog -- really nice interview. She is beautiful!! She is so poised and sure of herself. Did anyone catch her say "I don't get up like that any more!" after a fall. . . a little both poking fun and an admission she is feeling the years? Cute but ominous overtones.
Very much an interview for American TV. I agree with MM -- would have loved to see her say something nice about Shizuka . . . she is incredibly loyal to the American team, which many will like but I thought she was over the top in her praise for Emily Hughes. But whenever one skater is asked to talk about another skater, especially competitiors, it is perhaps the most treacherous minefield you can put them in. (Is my bias for Shizuka and coolness toward Emily showing? naw . . . not a bit!)
Well, again thanks for the link RD, loved the video.

kyla2

Final Flight
Michelle

Well, from the sounds of things Michelle was her usual beautiful, graceful and classy self. She is quite special and truly a role model. I know a certain other Russian figure skater who could take lessons from Michelle on how to conduct an interview.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Thanks Red Dog for the link. I forgot to watch this today but you made that possible. It was a good interview for her and I enjoy her very much. She is a good role model for young girls who love skating too.

flowjo35

On the Ice
Thanks Red Dog for the video clip, that was great of you to take the time and give us Michelle fans.:)

She looked great and it was good to see her again.

Jane2

Rinkside
Thanks, Red Dog!:)
I forgot all about it & missed it. Thanks to you, I got to see it.

rob43

On the Ice
I did not see it but when I read the first earring post I thought- "Geez has she bought an even bigger set of rocks" because soemwhere after 98 she started to wear diamond earrings and every 2-3 years I notice she either gets a new set or swithces them out. She's had a flower looking set and another that were pretty healhtily sized. That really harsh Washinton Post article the day before she withdrew even mentioned her tugging on a set of diamonds when she got upset during practice.

The fighting thing is kinda funny though- but I wonder just how big jewelry can get before it is no longer skating friendly.