MK Professional Lites - opinions? | Golden Skate

MK Professional Lites - opinions?

grifuts

Spectator
Country
Germany
I’ve been skating for about 4 years on and off as a hobby. I couldn’t advance much (jump-, spin-, footwork- and learning how to use my edges-wise) due to my boots being too big and the blades being unpredictable on the ice. It didn’t bother me at first but now I want to learn how to skate properly and improve my technique, and I am looking for the right gear to help me reach the level I want to.

To give you an idea of what I can do: I can hold a spin for a couple of seconds, skate backwards quickly, forward crossovers, waltz jumps, 3-turns.

My skate tech recommended the MK Pros and Coronation Aces, but due to these blades being sold out they said I’d either have to wait 3 to max. 12 weeks for the Coronation Aces or Pros… or I could get the MK Pro Lites right now.

I’ve read on this forum about how the Lites don’t help skaters learn how to properly use edges and that its hard to spin on them. On the other hand, I’ve also read about how they helped the skater improve edges and jumps tremendously.

So my question is, how much of the Lites’ quality and support it gives the skater comes down to pure preference and how objectively can you say that their construction is bad?

Anyone with experience on wearing them is more than welcome to share their thoughts!
(Extra info: I am going to get the Edea Chorus boots since the tongue is more flexible than the Overtures’ and because it offers more support around the ankles.)

Last edited:

Evvie

Spectator
Had MK lite on Chorus. Not impressed by both. I was doing better on my old 2000 club mk blades. Going back to Risport and standard blades.