Most favorite moments in 2016/17 season? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Most favorite moments in 2016/17 season?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Most everything already mentioned in this thread with special mention to:

James/Cipres at Europeans. They totally sold me on pairs and made me a fan right there and then. Similarly, Sui/Han at 4CC and then at Worlds. Fierce, fierce programs from both these pairs.
Yuzuru Hanyu's 'coming-from-behind' world record FS at Worlds 2017. And Mai Mihara's redemption skate at Worlds 2017. For that matter, Daniel Samohin's at Jr Worlds too! I may have found a pattern here.
Any and all K&C interaction at WTT 2017, especially Patrick Chan being a silly moose (and his little drum!). And Yuzuru/Shoma friendship (I have weaknesses). :luv17:
Any and all guts pose by everyone who skated well this season. Love it when skaters are happy with their performances.

Weathergal

Medalist
- Boyang's spiderman at helsinki
- Ivett's MJ SP

:thumbsup:

Mai's Cinderella ear pinching... it gets to me every time!
Karen's SP Peacock hands set up... best choreographic setup this year.
Jason's FS ... at last, he skated beyond himself and did the program justice!!!
Welcome back Tessa and Scott.
3As coming from Wakababy and Mirai!! Hope they bring them next season!

Not fav, bu memorable and noteworthy to mention.

Goodbyes from Mao and Kananko... a little bit regretful for them both, but with them the very best.
Goodbye Misha to you too, looking forward to see your work as a choreographer. What will all the skaters do now they don't have the selfie masters on ice with them?!!
Anna's FS, it will be very interesting to see how she can come back from this hiccup. Hopefully, she goes all guns blazing next year, she will need to do to survive!!
Probably Adam's best year in ages in terms of this package of programs, what a pity with injuries dampened his momentum.
Yep, pretty much your whole post! :biggrin:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
For sure Nathan Chen's Nationals and 4CC programs. He has upped the men's technical game more than anybody else and once his artistry bumps up in his sophomore season, the other guys better watch out.

Gabby and Kaetlyn winning two medals for Canada at Worlds was amazing too.

Patrick's win at Skate Canada was awesome too... even as a veteran he's still got it! And he improved and added a 4S so consistently when it usually takes a few seasons to get a consistent element like a new quad. Chen and Uno of course had everyone beat though on adding new quads to their repertoire... each adding TWO new ones.

Last edited:

Perfume

Match Penalty
Hanyu's FS at World Championships 2017. That was the best I have seen in so many years. I am old by the way.

The French pair bronze at European.

S/M's LP at World Championships 2017.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Most everything already mentioned in this thread with special mention to:

James/Cipres at Europeans. They totally sold me on pairs and made me a fan right there and then. Similarly, Sui/Han at 4CC and then at Worlds. Fierce, fierce programs from both these pairs.
Yuzuru Hanyu's 'coming-from-behind' world record FS at Worlds 2017. And Mai Mihara's redemption skate at Worlds 2017. For that matter, Daniel Samohin's at Jr Worlds too! I may have found a pattern here.
Any and all K&C interaction at WTT 2017, especially Patrick Chan being a silly moose (and his little drum!). And Yuzuru/Shoma friendship (I have weaknesses). :luv17:
Any and all guts pose by everyone who skated well this season. Love it when skaters are happy with their performances.

yes to this - nothing more beautiful, uplifting, moving for me than skater being happy from his/her/their own success achieved, not beig necessarily connected with winning or medals...After this season I'm just plain happy we were able to see and will have more possibilities (knocking on wood!) to see e.g. Alexa Scimeca-Knierim, Wenjing Sui, Jason, Yuzuru, Nathan who had their fair share of healthy problems before this season, bigger or smaller - I feel like we are too often taking things/people in FS for granted nowadays, not realising how demanding the sport is to produce such amazing, effortless effect for our eyes. With Olympic season coming, I really want to cherish every single competition and skate for all skaters, especially those with whom I 'clicked', as a number of them will probably retire after the season...

zagorod

Spectator
Oh the past season was so good I can't even pick top 10.
But if I had to choose one moment it would be the final group of pairs free skating at the European Championships. It was that event when did I suddenly realize that the world of pair skating had reached the new level of competition, quality and diversity.
Everyone's talking about the quad burst in men's skating but look at the pairs. So many good couples, new interesting elements, intricate transitions, moving programs...
https://youtu.be/kTDLSBnNvV8