Xiangyi An | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Xiangyi An

chestnutlatte

Spectator
I agree with RatePG's concerns and An Xiangyi faces many many obstacles ahead of her. I am not a big fan of her two programs this year, but i applaud her on keep exploring new styles and music.

However, she is NOT healthy. She suffered injuries from all those years of crazy training, and she has had three major illness already. These factors definitely affected her performance at interclub competitions.

Second, An is still on growth spurt. She has grown a lot taller in the past few months and looks like she'll keep growing in heigh and weight, which itself is challenging enough for female skaters, adding on her injuries, man that is a lot for a 17-year-old body. Her health would prevent her from training at full intensity, and definitely her consistency in landing jumps (her spins started to suffer a little bit too). With many competitions coming up, inconsistency is going to impact her mentally, which in turn will make her training worse. Even though her mother is starting to let go, the harm from her long term abusive parenting is done, it's not going to away right away.

What she needs now is someone who can teach her how to train smart, rather than repeating and keep pushing. She also needs someone who can teach her the techniques of triple lutz, triple flip and their triple triple combos, so she can compete at international senior level (I doubt a chinese coach can do it because this seems to be a common challenge for chinese women singles). She also needs good doctors to fix her battered body so she would have less injuries and keep training. Unless she can have all those three, with her still growing body, we're looking at a sad possibility that last year and this year would be the best seasons of her career.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I agree with RatePG's concerns and An Xiangyi faces many many obstacles ahead of her. I am not a big fan of her two programs this year, but i applaud her on keep exploring new styles and music.

However, she is NOT healthy. She suffered injuries from all those years of crazy training, and she has had three major illness already. These factors definitely affected her performance at interclub competitions.

Second, An is still on growth spurt. She has grown a lot taller in the past few months and looks like she'll keep growing in heigh and weight, which itself is challenging enough for female skaters, adding on her injuries, man that is a lot for a 17-year-old body. Her health would prevent her from training at full intensity, and definitely her consistency in landing jumps (her spins started to suffer a little bit too). With many competitions coming up, inconsistency is going to impact her mentally, which in turn will make her training worse. Even though her mother is starting to let go, the harm from her long term abusive parenting is done, it's not going to away right away.

What she needs now is someone who can teach her how to train smart, rather than repeating and keep pushing. She also needs someone who can teach her the techniques of triple lutz, triple flip and their triple triple combos, so she can compete at international senior level (I doubt a chinese coach can do it because this seems to be a common challenge for chinese women singles). She also needs good doctors to fix her battered body so she would have less injuries and keep training. Unless she can have all those three, with her still growing body, we're looking at a sad possibility that last year and this year would be the best seasons of her career.
She also needs to focus on one sport... Rhythmic is crazy hard on the body and doing that and skating--yikes!