Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Chait and Shaknovsky

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Certainly there are many very obviously overscored skaters out there today. Who do you think is the most overscored?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Because I'm all for a clean & vibrant skate, I had to vote for Sasha... only because I cannot stand that she continues to ruin her own legacy by failing to skate a clean long program... What's the point of being so talented if you can't stay upright? I just hope she stays competitive long enough to work that out...

temperboy27

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:
Because I'm all for a clean & vibrant skate, I had to vote for Sasha... only because I cannot stand that she continues to ruin her own legacy by failing to skate a clean long program... What's the point of being so talented if you can't stay upright? I just hope she stays competitive long enough to work that out...

It is amazing you can fall all over the ice and still get 8s in PCS as she does. :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
temperboy27 said:
It is amazing you can fall all over the ice and still get 8s in PCS as she does. :laugh:

don't even get me started on that... jumping on your theme though ~ let me add that I'd advise all skaters that following a fall, to grap their knee / crotch and pretend that it wasn't a regular fall but some major injury and then soldier on ala Z&Z... what a joke that silver medal was... I'm still pissed.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:
don't even get me started on that... jumping on your theme though ~ let me add that I'd advise all skaters that following a fall, to grap their knee / crotch and pretend that it wasn't a regular fall but some major injury and then soldier on ala Z&Z... what a joke that silver medal was... I'm still pissed.

Yes that was a disgrace and a bit of an embarassment. Their PCS scores were by far their highest of the season interestingly enough. What conclusion to make of that I dont know, other than probable sympathy scores.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Yes that was a disgrace and a bit of an embarassment. Their PCS scores were by far their highest of the season interestingly enough. What conclusion to make of that I dont know, other than probable sympathy scores.

i'm officially done with pairs... and to think i thought slc was bad... i should've known that skating could top that... i always wonder why there wasn't a peep said... i can olny assume because chinese pairs finished 2-4

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Sasha Cohen, without a doubt. Even when she doesn't fall, her scores are too high, but they are ridiculously high for the number of mistakes and deficiencies that she has.

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Most overscorded skater.

Sasha Cohen is always scored high on flawed programs. She was lucky to win the silver at the Olympics with two falls. She may have nice artistry, but the girl still makes to many mistakes.

diamond

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:
i'm officially done with pairs... and to think i thought slc was bad... i should've known that skating could top that... i always wonder why there wasn't a peep said... i can olny assume because chinese pairs finished 2-4

Exactly, it was an internal affair for China, poor Pang/tong got screwed most of all but they are the middle Chinese pair, kind of like how the middle child is the odd one out, that seems to be their fate. The oldest and newest are the prized treasures. If it involved any other nationality, and but for the fake pity act, there would been alot of cries foul I bet.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I thought the COP scores T&M have received over the past year have been ridiculous. They are steady and have improved tremendously over the years, but I don't generally think they deserve 8s in the PCS category. They were consistent in Torino and deserved the win, but their free skate was uninspiring and very cautious.

sk8addict

On the Ice
olympics

How interesting that after the recent Olympics you didn't have Plushinko on your list. What choreography & what transitions? Now THAT was overscoring.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Sasha Cohen!!!!! And one more lady, Silvia Fontana.
They also overscored Italian and Ukranian dancers and Lysacek.
And one more thing: Carolina is not overscored!!!!!!

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
sk8addict said:
How interesting that after the recent Olympics you didn't have Plushinko on your list. What choreography & what transitions? Now THAT was overscoring.

I actually wanted to put Plushy on my list but I had a feeling I would be crucified if I did. Perhaps he is not as universaly admired as I assumed though.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think that the most over-scored skaters during some years have been Slutskaya and Plushenko. By over-scored I do not mean, that they did not deserve to win in those events. At the Olympics the most over-scored was the team of Zhang&Zhang, in my opinion. I did not vote for them (or any skater), because the poll was not about the Olympics only.

Last edited:

alain707

Rinkside
Without pointing my finger at any particular skater, I think that skaters from the top countries which also have the most powerful skating federations have an advantage ... and CoP allows that advantage on the PCs scores that have little to do with the actual performances on the ice.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
With out any doubt, Michelle.

Best "Dancer" to ever skate:agree: yet the judges have a tendency to over look a number of little things.:confused: Not that it would change standings, but faults are faults no matter how popular you are.

Sorry, she's great but not enough to bump others just because she's so "likable." - and I do like her:love: , just not enough to overlook a 3rd turn (cheat) on a 3l and a 4 second miss of the music's ending and still give a 6.0
:scratch: Particularly to Bolero! If those 2 things didn't happen I would agree with the 6.0, but they did happen - that is just the way it goes. I am sure she knows, probably just think'n, "fine, I'll take it."

Some things just aren't right, but I guess that's another reason they had to make a change to judging.

2nd Plushinko, the human windmill, great too, but annoying with horrible sit spins.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sk8addict said:
I was thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee