My absence from the forum | Golden Skate

My absence from the forum

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably no one has noticed, but I haven’t been around for some time. I lost 2 cats in quick succession, my beloved Tabitha in late November and my beautiful Gracie to what was supposed to be a routine spay on December 7. She had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. She went into heart failure and they could not bring her back. They did CPR for 15 minutes. So I will not be going to Nationals - this cost a large sum of money. I did work up some anger at USFS for putting my man Jimmy 3rd alternate for 4CCs. Anyway if I haven’t answered your pm or your email, that is why.

I will be cheering on the athletes from my couch with the rest of you who are cheering from your couches.

auser

Record Breaker
Probably no one has noticed, but I haven’t been around for some time. I lost 2 cats in quick succession, my beloved Tabitha in late November and my beautiful Gracie to what was supposed to be a routine spay on December 7. She had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. She went into heart failure and they could not bring her back. They did CPR for 15 minutes. So I will not be going to Nationals - this cost a large sum of money. I did work up some anger at USFS for putting my man Jimmy 3rd alternate for 4CCs. Anyway if I haven’t answered your pm or your email, that is why.

I will be cheering on the athletes from my couch with the rest of you who are cheering from your couches.
My heartfelt condolence for the loss of your beloved feline family members. So sorry @moonvine . :ghug:

Last edited:

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I am so sorry for your loss @moonvine :( I have 2 beloved cats myself and I can't imagine my sadness when the time comes to say goodbye to them.

Glad to see you back here, if you ever need anyone to talk to about cats or to rant to or anything really, my PM is always open. I hope to join you in some competition threads too :ghug:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry for the loss of your furry loved ones, @moonvine. It is so very hard. We had a kitten cross the Rainbow Bridge in May due to a horrid, unpreventable disease called FIP. Although losing our older cats of course is always sad, losing a kitten really hits different. Condolences on the loss of Tabitha and Gracie.

I hope you can still join us from the couch, both cheering and complaining!

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
So sorry for the loss of your 2 cats ,is a very sensitive loss well at least have the consolation you tried to keep them alive . my condolences and i prayed to Saint Francis of Assisi for he protect them and are your two guardian angel.

it brings sad memories when my dog (he was a 15 years old poodle) when passed away since 3 years ago because had a neurological problem and it was sad see it suffer because the health condition .

sworddance21

On the Ice
Oh, no! I'm adding my condolences as well, @moonvine . It is so hard to lose any of our furry friends, but to lost 2 so close together is heartbreaking. We lost our 2 elderly gentlemen 6 weeks apart in the Spring of 2023. Sending you love. Looking forward to your commentary and conversation from the couch.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've noticed you haven't posted as much recently, but I didn't think too much of it, as I often go into lurker mode from time to time myself.

I've missed your posts, and I'm so sad to learn why you've been quieter.

And, while I'm saddened at your loss, I love that you named your beloved pet "Gracie."

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
As the father of two glorious and somewhat insane cats whom I love dearly I am deeply sympathetic to your loss. I've lost a few over time since I was a child until well into middle age and beyond and the pain from their loss can be agonizing. I have no doubt they brought you love and laughter and your loss is profound. And in the case of the young one, for a routine spay?!?! What a shock!! I am with you as we all are.

And the collective couch cheering squad is a potent force.

niks

On the Ice
I'm very sorry you lost your beloved furry companions. I've been there and I know how much they mean, how much love they give and the terrible pain of losing them. They are much more than just pets, they are truly part of one's family. It's heartbreaking when they leave but their memory always stays with you and they keep accompanying you through life. I send you a big hug and much strengh to go through this sad moment.