Nam Nguyen Retires from Competitive Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nam Nguyen Retires from Competitive Skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am really sad that Nam never made it to the olympics or a world podium. He had such potential until the growth spurt. ne wonders if he had stayed with Hanyu and Javier training with Orser et al if he could have made it. I remember the days when he was like their little brother; when they challenged him to do a quad after them, he is a former world junior champ. I think he had more. I hope he finds happiness in the next chapter but he still had a chance to go to 20 23 worlds. I feel bad his career ended fighting covid and missing the olympics.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish him well, and I hope he does some show skating.

I feel like I never saw his true self on the ice, and I'd like to. I was always left with the impression that his programs hindered his expression, rather than enabled. Perhaps without the restrictions required to deliver competitive programs, he'll shine more as an expressive skater. I want to see the real Nam.

I'm also glad he's looking at coaching as a career.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I wish him well, and I hope he does some show skating.

I feel like I never saw his true self on the ice, and I'd like to. I was always left with the impression that his programs hindered his expression, rather than enabled. Perhaps without the restrictions required to deliver competitive programs, he'll shine more as an expressive skater. I want to see the real Nam.

I'm also glad he's looking at coaching as a career.
You definitely need to see him as a show skater then, he's open and free and amazing in shows. :)