Name one thing about yourself that... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Name one thing about yourself that...

bronxgirl

Medalist
Ptichka,
the punch line I have heard is "before you were being recruited, now you're on staff"

andrealm

Rinkside
Everything is more fun when you're wearing a bodice. Which faires do you attend?
Rave [/B][/QUOTE]

I attend the Michigan ren fest in Holly a few weekends usually. I try to make as many as I can but it is a bit far so sometimes getting hubby to make the drive can be tricky. Also the silverleaf ren faire near Kalamazoo. How about you?

andrealm

bleuchick

On the Ice
that I am usually calm when I should be afraid. Here is an example...not your cup of tea if you are afraid of the dark etc. ;)

The "I swear the hands were there but now they are here"

WHERE - A Medical Science lab during in my 2nd year of university.
WHAT - The lab technician let me into the room to do some work on a human corpse. I wanted to review the location of various digestive organs, blood arteries etc before my exam the next day. So I proceeded to separate the limbs apart and of course open up the middle part of the body.

I placed one hand here and the other there and one leg here and the other there. Then turned around to write something on a side table when I came to start working on the corpse...

:eek: :eek: the order of the limbs has changed! both hand were back to their original place - close to the body but the legs were still apart.

:eek: :eek: who moved them? not me and certainly not the human corpse.

What was my reaction - *shrug* then *so here is the liver and that is the pancreas*...

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I attend the Michigan ren fest in Holly a few weekends usually. I try to make as many as I can but it is a bit far so sometimes getting hubby to make the drive can be tricky. Also the silverleaf ren faire near Kalamazoo. How about you?

andrealm

I visit a lot of the smaller northern CA faires, and have worked what was until recently the "Renaissance Pleasure Faire" for 15 years. (It's now been taken over by the faire workers and will be running from 9/18-10/24 at Casa de Fruta in Hollister, CA. If you're in No CA and like this sort of thing, come see us, and tell all your friends. Shameless plug! But I digress.)
I've also worked the Stafford Lake faire in Novato for a couple of years.
Faire takes up quite a bit of my time, but it's a whole subculture unto itself and sees itself as one huge family. I can't imagine not doing it, but when you count the free days you have from June to October and come up with ten, something has to give, so I'm only working at one faire this year. :)
Rave

Becca84

Rinkside
Hi :)

I guess something surprising about me is that I've only had a tv for about 2 yrs (w/ no cable ever) & the internet for less than a yr. Before that I was only able to watch figure skating occasionally at someone else's place (& once live in '98 at the Keri Lotion Classic in Daytona), but I have always loved figure skating. Now I watch, tape, & download everything figure skating (shows & competitions) I can find. But I can't actually ice skate myself (it's not popular in FL) :laugh:

Lynn226

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
That I'm 35.

Apparently, I look like I'm in my early 20s.

Thank God. :D

Laura :)

I'll be 35 later this year. Many people guess my age in the mid-20's range.

I shared a jail cell with Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown (remember them?) in the 60s.

Math

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I shared a jail cell with Stokely Carmichael and H. Rap Brown (remember them?) in the 60s.

Math

Once again, my world seems to be confusing. Mathman in a jail cell? I need an explanation and I need it NOW!

Aloft04

On the Ice
Mathman!! I am so darned proud to know you!! My own 'civil disobedience' during the 70s landed me with less illustrious companions.....

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
DETAILS MM

Goldenskate The Counterculture Resource For Figureskating

:D :D :D :D :D

Lynn226

On the Ice
Piel,

I see that you live in WV. Are you a Thundering Herd fan or a Mountaineer fan? I did both my undergrad and grad studies at Marshall. Go Herd! Perhaps you find this surprising!?!?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Go Herd! Perhaps you find this surprising!?!?

I find it surprising that anyone is a herd fan:D ..just kidding!!!

WVU class of 1976

Here in the Kanawha Valley where I live it is about 50/50 WVU/Marshall so there is always heated discussion. Some of the legislators are trying to pass a law that would force WVU and Marshall to play against each other in football every year. Like the state doesn't have more pressing problems for them to deal with:rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: !

When were you at Marshall? My favorite uncle and his family live in Huntington so the cousins are Marshall grads. We still have to let them in the house at holidays though:laugh:

Piel

Last edited:

Lynn226

On the Ice
Piel said:
When were you at Marshall? My favorite uncle and his family live in Huntington so the cousins are Marshall grads. We still have to let them in the house at holidays though:laugh:

Piel

I was at Marshall from 1987-1992. I never lived in Huntington though. I commuted from Ashland, KY.

N@d&A

Rinkside
I have to admit that I´m very surprise about most of you really you have meny things hide that people can not imagine for me the most interesting is think about many of you have to work how is that you have time to be here sharing your comments on GS while teens like me only with school and practice have very few time.

anyway here is mine

I haven´t recive my first kiss yet :(

(I can´t belive I´ve just told you this but I think I have time Enough I´m 15 )

N@d&A said:
The most interesting is think about many of you have to work how is that you have time to be here sharing your comments on GS while teens like me only with school and practice have very few time?
Nadia, you caught us! Don't tell our bosses how much time we spend on Golden Skate when we are supposed to be working, OK?:laugh: ;)

Mathman:)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ditto........there are breaks, lunchtime, breaks, breaks.......:D 42

N@d&A

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Nadia, you caught us! Don't tell our bosses how much time we spend on Golden Skate when we are supposed to be working, OK?:laugh: ;)

Mathman:)

That REALLY made me LAUGH
I promise I won´t:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I practice tradition Roman Catholisim. I attend the ancient Tridentine Latin Mass, (It has been celebrated in this tradition unchanged for 1700 hundred years,) Sundays and Holidays without out fail. For those of you who don't know, this is the same movement that Mel Gibson belongs to.
Daniel and Little Lulu