Need help shopping for skates | Golden Skate

Need help shopping for skates

anniemachin

Spectator
Hi guys. I’m currently shopping for a new boot/skate as I’ve outgrown my previous ones. I was advised by my coach to buy Jackson freestyles. I’m kind of hesitant to buy these ones because of the stiffness rating (50-55) as well as how recommended these are for beginner skaters, so I’ve been looking at Jackson debut, premiere, and MAYBE supreme. New and used. Not only that, but I’ll also be gaining weight throughout the months because I’m bulking. I find that boots like the ones I mentioned have a higher stiffness rating. I’m looking for a boot that will keep up in shape while I’m gaining weight and advancing for competition. Some people say freestyles are a bang for your buck. Let me know your guys’ experiences and thoughts with these types of skates. If you guys have any additional info about the soles/blades for these skates, let me know too! I’d love to know all I can about every boot.

For more info: I’m 5’2, 115lbs (trying to bulk up to 130) and I skate 3-4 hrs a week. I’m currently learning lutz and loop combinations.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Hey! I can’t advise on boots, but I know those that can will also be asking about your foot shape for boot sizing, as well as where you live so that they can give you tips on where to get fitted. Each line fits a bit differently, so my old Jackson skates were fine, but for my new ones I switched to Risport because they fit me best. That said, I know that Coronation Ace and MK Pro are the most highly recommended intermediate blades. I have Coronation Ace and am quite happy with them.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi guys. I’m currently shopping for a new boot/skate as I’ve outgrown my previous ones. I was advised by my coach to buy Jackson freestyles. I’m kind of hesitant to buy these ones because of the stiffness rating (50-55) as well as how recommended these are for beginner skaters, so I’ve been looking at Jackson debut, premiere, and MAYBE supreme. New and used. Not only that, but I’ll also be gaining weight throughout the months because I’m bulking. I find that boots like the ones I mentioned have a higher stiffness rating. I’m looking for a boot that will keep up in shape while I’m gaining weight and advancing for competition. Some people say freestyles are a bang for your buck. Let me know your guys’ experiences and thoughts with these types of skates. If you guys have any additional info about the soles/blades for these skates, let me know too! I’d love to know all I can about every boot.

For more info: I’m 5’2, 115lbs (trying to bulk up to 130) and I skate 3-4 hrs a week. I’m currently learning lutz and loop combinations.
HI and welcome. Can I ask why you are bulking?! That's not really a thing in skating.

Anyway, we need to know your foot shape, arch height (low, regular, high, very high?), where you are in the world?

I'll tell you this much for now: You do NOT need a supreme. Too stiff for you.