Need Help Transferring Music To Ipod!!! | Golden Skate

Need Help Transferring Music To Ipod!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think at various times I've told you about the mentally challenged person I know who is soooooo special. Anyhow, Jeannie loves to listen to music on her mp3 player that I downloaded the music for her. She then told me that she has just certain songs she wants to listen to and that she wants to listen to them over & over. So I do what she wants :laugh:....she gets such great joy from listening. One of the fun things she does (as she says) is putting puzzles together. So she puts on her headphones turns on her mp3 and listen to her music while putting her puzzles together. I love watching her enjoying herself.

Well, a terrible thing happened; her mp3 was having all kinds of problems and finally died. Jeannie was not happy. Since her family is on a set income they cannot spend $40-50 on another player. I had mentioned to some people (as Jeannie calls it a "real emergency") and one said they had an ipod that they weren't using and they would be glad to give to her. Since I downloaded music to her mp3, I thought it would be as simple as that but it isn't or at least it isn't for me. I did some research on the ipod and found out that it wasn't as easy as downloading the music to an mp3 player. The ipod is 4.2.1, I connected it to my computer and the computer recognizes it as a camera. I did more research and apparently that's not an unusual issue. I also found out that you had to use a program whether it be iTunes or another program to transfer music into the ipod. Last weekend, I spent at least an hour trying to update my iTunes account. I had an account only to purchase music. I thought if this is any sign that the transfer of music is going to give me problems then I going to ask for some reviews & help.

Here is where I need your help:

Do you recommend using iTunes??

Have you used another software (other than ITunes) to transfer music? If so, which one?? I hate downloading all kinds of programs to my computer. BTW, I have Windows 7

Why do things have to be soooooo difficult???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I quickly googled it, and few places suggested this video guide on youtube: http://youtu.be/OL7s7YO7xx4

I hope it helps.

:bow: Alexz, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! I followed the youtube instructions and it worked!! I can't wait to give it to Jeannie, I know she will be soooo happy. The instructions on youtube were super and made it easy using ITunes. I watched others and they were a little drawn out.