Need Paris, France Skating Clubs | Golden Skate

Need Paris, France Skating Clubs

redhotcoach

On the Ice
Anyone know where I find out what skating clubs and ice rinks are located in Paris, France? Ideally, rinks located near the Luxembourg Gardens. Will be going there in March on school exchange and want to keep up competitive training schedule if possible. I've tried checking the French federation website, but it isn't much help.

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Try searching for ice rinks in France. The only ice rink I can think of in Paris is on the Eiffel Tower.

Isn't Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, Denmark?

anniemg

Rinkside
I live in Paris-pm me and I'll see if I can help. There's Bercy, where all the events take place. There's a second skating rink, used by the public and for practice-at least I think so-. I havent seen any other real skating rinks here. Sure, they have put up outdoors skating rinks(eiffel tower, hotel de ville and tour montparnasse)but you'd never be able to practice there, too much crowd...but it's free!

ETA, I'm going there tommorow so I'll ask them for you.You need to tell me exactly what you're looking for though.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

On the Ice
Need Paris skating clubs

My daughter is a nationally ranked Junior ladies level skater. We are looking for clubs that allow guest skaters to train competitively a couple of hours a day. The school she will be attending apparently backs on to the Luxembourg Gardens - Elite training clubs in North America allow guest skaters to train with them. We are looking for some place where she can actually practice triples and program run-throughs without danger of running into leisure skaters.
Any information - french or english - would be appreciated!

Marina

Spectator
Hi,

The only rink in Paris is the Sonja Henie rink, located in the Bercy arena. Skating centers in France are very different from the ones in the USA, and I doubt they would allow someone who isn't from the club to training in the facility. But you never know and can try to fax them at 01.40.02.60.19 or call them at 01.40.02.60.16. Their e-mail adress can't be found on their website.

Otherwise, all the others rink are in the suburbs and these suburbs aren't near the Luxembourg area.

Here is the list of some clubs in the Ile de France area you may contact
http://www.csnpa.org/idf.htm

You may also try to reach the regional organisation (a part of the national association ) at artistique.idf@tiscali and Alain Fontana, a member of the Commission Sportive Nationale at [email protected]. I think he may have some interesting suggestions.

Howewer, be aware you may have to fight with the school (Is it the ecole alsacienne ?) because most of kids like your daughter here skate while the others kids are in school, during the morning or the afternoon. School schedules don't allow kids to train during the day. These kids have to attend "the ecole des enfants du spectacle" , and train during the time they aren't in school. At others time, rink are opened to general public, and it is hardly possible to train during these sessions.

If I can be of any help, just PM me. I'm a former competitive skater and live in Paris.

Last edited: