New dance pair: Yura Min and Daniel Eaton | Golden Skate

New dance pair: Yura Min and Daniel Eaton

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yura Min and Daniel Eaton announced their new partnership on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoAkyG8Hb1Q/?taken-by=yuraxmin
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoAokxoB6tb/?taken-by=danielpeaton

Yura Min recently spilt with former partner Alexander Gamelin. Daniel Eaton re-partnered up with his long-time partner Alex Aldridge last season. He also skated with Danielle Thomas for two seasons (2015-2017)

It's not clear whether they will represent the U.S. or Korea, but I expect they will represent Korea.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Yura and Daniel happiness and fulfillment in their new partnership. I hate break-ups, but sometimes it must seem impossible to continue with the old.

I do love to see people continue to pursue their passion for skating. Yura has real sparkle, and both she and Daniel are high level competitors.

Well ... maybe Alex and Alexander should try out together. It would be cute, like the old song "Paul and Paula."

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry for Daniel and Alexandra as a team--bummer to split again after they'd so recently rematched. But honestly from that video this seems like a really good match, a better one for them both. Hopefully they'll represent Korea, both for their own sakes and for Korea's, although it's a loss for those of us from the US.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… I expect they will represent Korea.

:agree:

From the comments on Daniel's Instagram:

sofigureout
Sooo happy to see you guys skate together! Wish you good luck🤞
And if you don’t mind, Can I ask when do you plan to participate in the competiton as a team?👀

danielpeaton
@sofigureout we are still trying to figure all of this out, but I am beyond excited to skate for the South Korean Federation. Hope to see you soon.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry for Daniel and Alexandra as a team--bummer to split again after they'd so recently rematched. But honestly from that video this seems like a really good match, a better one for them both. Hopefully they'll represent Korea, both for their own sakes and for Korea's, although it's a loss for those of us from the US.

Gosh, you're quite right about that. I hadn't looked at the video before. :hslap: There's something connected and sexy about them already ... maybe it's that they naturally have complementary styles.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I'm so happy for them! I really like Yura, there is something about her that won't let you look away :) she has this fire and command I love. And from the video it seems like Daniel, whom I did not know before, has a similar sparkle himself :)

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Good luck to their new partnership. Climbing up the ladder in the USA is extremely difficult for new teams so probably South Korea is a better match. They look great in that little video.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
They look amazing in the video. I hope Gamelin finds a partner soon too.

Weathergal

Medalist
I agree they look great. I've always liked both teams and was especially sad to hear Min / Gamelin split. I hope he finds a new partner as well if he wishes to continue. What about Alexandra Aldridge? Did she retire or was it just a case of Daniel realizing that even on the second try of their partnership things just weren't going the way they'd hoped?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I hate to be That Person, but I'm not sure unbridled optimism is in order here, given Yura Min's propensity to split with partners. To the point where she's in danger of becoming the Krasnopolski of ice dance. I hope Eaton knows what he's doing.

pandatours

On the Ice
I hate to be That Person, but I'm not sure unbridled optimism is in order here, given Yura Min's propensity to split with partners. To the point where she's in danger of becoming the Krasnopolski of ice dance. I hope Eaton knows what he's doing.

I agree tbh, I love Yura but her track record is...not great. Her longest partner was with Gamelin (3 years) and that’s about the time it takes for a dance pair to really click.

That being said, I think Eaton is a stronger skater than Gamelin

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
We shall see, she such a great skater it’d be a shame if she didn’t really let her partnerships grow.

It was such a shame how acrimonious her split was with Gamelin. Hopefully that kind of difficulty is behind her and I also hope Gamelin finds a partner too.