New U.S. Figure Skating Website | Golden Skate

New U.S. Figure Skating Website

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Does anyone know how to navigate the new website to find out what's happening with the National Championships? I thought their old web page was easier to use? 42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks dewet...........I am most appreciative.........:) 42

ladybug

On the Ice
One question Show---Once you got there, could you understand what you were reading.

I liked it much better last year. Was much easier to read and know who was skating when. :confused:

Ladybug

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good point, Ladybug. I do think that the old format was easier to read.............42

Question for all you computer savvy folks. Why does anyone use PDF on sites like this?

Mathman

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Question for all you computer savvy folks. Why does anyone use PDF on sites like this?

Mathman

Good question. I was wondering long by all myself. Until one day I find you can't cut/paste the contents in pdf to like spreadsheet, words, etc. So you can't easily use the data in pdf format as the input data to your application(program). When the data in MFS's Word, Excel, or Note is much easier to manuaplate by applications.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
New site...

I think the USFSA definitely needed a face lift on the old web site, but the navigation on the new site is awful in my opinion. I will qualify that by admitting to being a computer dope. But...I'm having trouble finding much of anything useful!

DG

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I agree with everyone. The USFSA site definitely needed a new look but I just don't like what they've done. It is too busy and not all that visually appealing.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree with everyone. Last year, you could click on the competitors while they were skating and wait for their scores and ranking. I must admit I am discouraged by its new look.....42

I'm getting used to it and it's getting easier to use. Just go to the main page

www.usfsa.org

Click on Events/Results, then on Full Event Results/Pictures under the picture of Michelle. Then you get a very compete and self-explanatory menu.

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200304/uschamps/senior/kwan-medal.jpg

http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200304/uschamps/senior/kwan-sp1.jpg

Or, you can download some videos of Michelle practicing

http://www.usfsa.org/event_related_...nts/200304/uschamps/senior/kwan-practice2.avi

or three different Michelle press conferences, etc. Besides the detailed results of the judging.

Mathman

sk8er1964

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Good question. I was wondering long by all myself. Until one day I find you can't cut/paste the contents in pdf to like spreadsheet, words, etc. So you can't easily use the data in pdf format as the input data to your application(program). When the data in MFS's Word, Excel, or Note is much easier to manuaplate by applications.

Because not everyone has Microsoft products. If you save the documents as an internet file (the easiest option to ensure everyone can read them), the documents may print distorted and/or incomplete. On the website I maintain (and I am no guru, BTW, just kind of got stuck with it and learn as I go), people need to be able to print coherent forms, so that's how I do it.

If you own the Adobe software (ie the package that allows you to create pdf's), it's easy to convert a document from pdf to something that can be edited in Word or Excel. I don't know a way to do that if you don't own the software.