New video compl-Greatest Olympic Perf. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New video compl-Greatest Olympic Perf.

Spirit

On the Ice
Well, I just went to their site, www.tenmayflower.com , and I found no way to leave feedback over the web.

Half their links, BTW, including the one for their FAQ page, don't work. I'm beginning to sense something about this company.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Aw, try to look on the bright side Spirit.

The compilation is a joke, but there are some great moment that make it worth it IMHO, even if it's overall a bad compilation.

I too was disapointed to find anything pre-television not worth watching., but have resolved myself to never seeing anyone pre-Peggy in their entirety. Well, maybe somebody saved Carol Heiss's LP from TV.

It came in 2 tapes, which was a real joke as each is only a few minutes long. They could have easily fit it on one and had plenty of room for other skaters, but such is the nature of a rip-off I suppose. :laugh:

What made it worth it for me, other than a good laugh over all the misinformation:

-Peggy, it was a bad clip but it answered a question for me. I thought that I remembered seeing her skate on TV but I had come to doubt it over the years as I remembered the arena as being dark and ususally that's only for exhibitons. I was relieved to see the arena dark for her LP, I wasn't crazy afterall.
-Janet. It was edited inexplicably, but still, what a joy to watch. Just skating foward she's a dream, I was mesmerized from the 1st second.
- the Protopopovs, they didn't show much, but from what they did show: wow! These two have the best unison bar none that I have ever seen!
-Curry, I'd seen it before on the web, but still nice to have a hardcopy,
-Dorothy, I remember being none too impressed with her in 76, and this backed that up. Yeah, I see what is great about her, edges, flow, etc... but after Peggy and Janet, her presentation was a big let down. And the music was too clunky and bombastic for me. I even think that Linda's Carmen was a better artistic effort, but that's all just opinon.
- Brian, I'd never seen it and I think it lived up to all the hype.
- T&D, ditto what I said for Brian. Very special
-Kat, I'd only seen clips so it was nice to see the whole thing. I could go either way with her. I really wished that they'd shown more of Debbi, it didn't look anywhere near the meltdown everyone is always making it out to be.

Spirit

On the Ice
Yeah, I posted what I did in the heat of the moment. I'm a lot calmer, now. :)

I think those Lord of the Rings DVD's spoiled me rotten.

amazonprincess

Rinkside
Despite some of the narrations mistakes, and lack of other great performances, and supposed bias, it allowed me to see performances from before I was born/ before I could really remember, and I liked that.

Thankfully, I live with another skating nut, and she's the one who bought it.

*^_^*

lulu

Final Flight
Of course making a compliation video is difficult to please everyone-even if you could possibly include all Oly G/S/B performances(that would be a great compliation).

The video company was trying to reach a broader audience of casual skating fans. Many casual fans know who Tara Lipinski and Alexei Yagudin are, how many casual skating fans know who Klimova and Ponomarenko or Artur Dmitriev are?

I'm glad some of the people who bought it enjoyed it-it is fun to watch the old skating clips :)