New Vise/Trent interview | Golden Skate

New Vise/Trent interview

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
The fan based interview with Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent is now online.

Vise and Trent hope throw quad lands them a spot on the World team

http://figureskatersonline.com/news_01122008_visetrent.html

Jamie (Arizona, USA): Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent will always be known as the first pair to successfully perform a throw quadruple in an International Skating Union competition. Has it sunk in yet?
Tiffany: Yes it has, although I still can't believe it happened. It is really nice to have all my hard work finally pay off especially getting through all the bruises. We have been getting more consistent with the throw and it was a matter of time for us to complete it cleanly in competition.
Derek: Wow. It is a great feeling to be the first pair to land the quad throw in competition. I am very proud of Tiffany.

Carlee (Colorado, USA) and Amber (Texas, USA): Do you think you could win the U.S. Championship this year?
Tiffany: Yes I do. What we have learned in the past Championships is that anyone can be at the top. It all depends on how you skate, and if we skate the way we have been competing then we have a great chance to be the next National champions.
Derek: We are going to put our best out there and anything is possible.

Mary (Michigan, USA): Do you think the quad will be necessary to win nationals?
Tiffany: Yes I do. I feel we need to stand out from the rest of the group. The throw is not necessarily the only element to win the competition. We will need to have a well rounded program and skate the best we can do.
Derek: I imagine landing the throw will help but we do not look at as a necessity. There are many other elements in the long program and everything else is just as important as the throw.

Stay tuned for the fan based interview with World Junior Champions Keauna McLaughlin & Rockne Brubaker, also the silver medalists from Cup of China and the NHK Trophy.

Questions are also now being accepted for longtime competitor Parker Pennington, the 2006 Nebelhorn Trophy and 2007 Finlandia Trophy silver medalist. Submit your questions soon at figureskatersonline.com/extras.html.

merrybari

Final Flight
Thanks for the heads up. It's a great way to get to know the skaters - especially the up-and-comers who aren't as well known to begin with.

It's not just the Throw Quad, they have improved in so many other areas. Too bad they were forced out of a well deserved medal so that a Top pairs could rehearse their routine yet again.:frown:

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I'm having a hard time with Vise attributing the quad throw to "all my hard work," with Trent giving Vise credit on his end. It takes two to tango, and he shouldn't just be a hired hand in this partnership, as if it takes no skill, timing, and commitment on his part.

Alsace

On the Ice
I'm having a hard time with Vise attributing the quad throw to "all my hard work," with Trent giving Vise credit on his end. It takes two to tango, and he shouldn't just be a hired hand in this partnership, as if it takes no skill, timing, and commitment on his part.

Of course he has to work at it, but, well, she is the one with the bruises. Men tend to stay healthy while learning to throw. Women need the ice packs...and the courage to risk breaking bones. John gave Rena kudos for the throw triple axel, too.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Good interview. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I asked them a question. I was like...Cathy from New Jersey...hey that's me and that's my question!!