NHK Trophy Preview | Page 6 | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy Preview

He gets to exhibit his unique style and the unique qualities in his skating. My personl impression is that is what he skates for first and foremost.
I don't agree. Why would he go to the trouble of acquiring his new "masculine" style if not to win? He looks a lot less unique this season.

temperboy27

Match Penalty
I don't agree. Why would he go to the trouble of acquiring his new "masculine" style if not to win? He looks a lot less unique this season.

Well he is going to have a hard time winning since he cant keep up with the jumping ability of Joubert, Lamibel, Lysacek, or Oda. Maybe he should just go back to doing his unique programs we all enjoy and not worry as much about results.

waxel

Final Flight
This is NOT a slam-Johnny post. I am a huge fan of his. I just fear he may have gotten off track trying to "re-invent" himself this season. I find that I am just not loving the new programs and wondering if Marina Anissina was a good idea?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am a huge fan of his. I just fear he may have gotten off track trying to "re-invent" himself this season. I find that I am just not loving the new programs and wondering if Marina Anissina was a good idea?

I second that:agree: ...well not "huge" but a fan none the less:thumbsup: He said himself he was "off ice" too much. Very honest comments he gave at CoR.