Nice Irina Article | Golden Skate

Nice Irina Article

Vash01

Medalist
Mathman said:
Here is a link to some of the other celebrities that are involved with the Go Red campaign.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3028637

The fact that Irina would sign on with a U.S. based charity, I wonder if that is a hint that she is thinking about a professional career that includes touring in North America.

Many Russian skaters are touring or have toured with US based shows (SOI and/or COI). I will not be surprised if Irina does too.

My perception is that her signing with a US based charity is to get the word out (about heart related diseases) to as many women as possible. She could not have done it by being a spokesperson in Russia alone.

Vash

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
:clap: :clap: :clap:

How nice to see an article about one of the top Ladies contenders that isn't snide and snippy.

I

IcyBallerina

attyfan said:
Among other things, she will be a spokesperson for the American Heart Assn's "Go Red" campaign, developing awareness of heart problems in women. You go, girl!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2006/01/27/1414599-ap.html

"Her trademark was a double Biellmann, where she reaches back with both hands, grabs the blade of one skate and pulls it straight over her head, then does the same thing with the other skate."

This wording gives a funny image, if she doesn't put the first foot down.:biggrin:

IcyBallerina said:
"Her trademark was a double Biellmann, where she reaches back with both hands, grabs the blade of one skate and pulls it straight over her head, then does the same thing with the other skate."

This wording gives a funny image, if she doesn't put the first foot down.:biggrin:
:rofl::rofl:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, it gives a rather PAINFUL image, unless she would be able to float in the air while doing this..... otherwise..... WUMP!! Wonder what the difficulty level would be on that??

kyla2

Final Flight
Nice Article

Nice article about a lovely person and fantastic skater. I am very happy she is getting the positive press she deserves.