Nick and Jessica | Golden Skate

Nick and Jessica

Can anyone tell me what these two do besides fall in love, split, come back in love, marry, split, and I'm not sure of what came next.

Are they Singers, Actors or Athletes, or what? I don't know anything about them except they get a lot of PR with those frozen smiles.

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
They're singers.

I got really fond of Jessica via their reality show. So, the news made me sad, 'cuz I was rooting for 'em. But, I did notice that Nick had jealous tendencies from the start. I didn't want it to be true, but the nore popular Jessica got, the more jerky Nick acted.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Err....people actually....care...about this couple? :biggrin:

All Hollywood marriages are like the weather in a way. Don't like a couple? Wait five minutes and it will change. :cool:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, technicallyJessica is a singer gone actress... and Nick is a used to be singer with 98* who has had minimal success as a solo artist

everyone says he's the reason they broke up this time (as well as last time)... because I think it's always the guy's fault (Eddie Murphy got blamed, Brad Pitt got blamed, etc) when I feel it has to be somewhat mutual but that's just me I'm with RD on this one you can't take celeb marriage seriously most of the time... there are exceptions Mel Brooks, Mark Hamill, and others have made theirs last, but they are rarely celebrated... if you want to stay in the news you have to get a divorce lol

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
I got really fond of Jessica via their reality show. So, the news made me sad, 'cuz I was rooting for 'em.
This is one thing I could never understand. Who in their right mind would agree to have millions of viewers see all of their intimate moments, all of the times they just want to be alone. What kind of a sick thirst for fame and attention would make one do something like that? I understand that people who normally go on the reality shows want their "15 minutes", but those people are already famous. I don't get it...

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
This is one thing I could never understand. Who in their right mind would agree to have millions of viewers see all of their intimate moments, all of the times they just want to be alone. What kind of a sick thirst for fame and attention would make one do something like that? I understand that people who normally go on the reality shows want their "15 minutes", but those people are already famous. I don't get it...
So true! It's just unfathomable to me. Maybe they just didn't really WANT to be alone! :biggrin: ;)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
So true! It's just unfathomable to me. Maybe they just didn't really WANT to be alone! :biggrin: ;)
:laugh:
I did not even mean alone with each other, though - doesn't everyone sometimes need to just be really alone, without anyone watching? My husband learned the hard way to announce his presence to me when I'm alone in the house - I get into my "alone" mode and am then easily scared by any human (felines are a different matter).

heyang

Record Breaker
They were young and in love, unfortunately reality, ambition and envy got in the way. Realistically, I don't know many guys who are ok with being eclipsed by their wives. The reality show as a mistake since it happened before they became an established secure marriage. I think it was Jessica's father's idea and he's their manager. He was just trying to jump start jobs for them IMO.

I just feel sad for them, but certainly nothing to make me go into mourning.

Brittany Spears just kicked her hubby out. Smart move - 1st one she's made since she met him.

heyang

Record Breaker
Hey, Joe.

I'm not a fan of these people either, but all the headlines just kind of hit you when one is standing on line at the supermarket. I also hear stuff on the radio while driving to work.

So, yes - Brittany just had a baby with her husband Kevin Federline, who was a dancer on her tour. His girlfriend was pregnant with their second child when he hooked up with Brittany. The rumors since the baby's birth has been that he still likes to party. On the radio Friday afternoon, one of the DJ's mentioned that the current rumor was that she had kicked him out - ironic, since they were just in a recent issue of People (saw the commercial for the issue) as a happy family.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
heyang said:
Realistically, I don't know many guys who are ok with being eclipsed by their wives.
My husband and I earn about the same amount of money annually. However, he would be more than delighted for me to earn his share as well as mine so he can retire from corporate life and live in the manner to which he would like to become accustomed. And he would tell EVERYONE that he is a kept man! In fact, I think he'd shout it from the rooftop. I'm working on it! :laugh: :biggrin:

skindocdenise

Spectator
Some Hollywood marriages do well but yeah I we never hear about them. People want to hear about all the drama. I'm sure we will hear more about the Federline's fighting episodes. Kevin released a solo album too so I'm sure he's upset that it's not doing well. Frustrations of having a baby at a young age while wanting to party. This has drama written all over it. Every couple has fights here and then but the press blows everything up and I think these celebrities really eat it up.

I'm not a huge fan of either Jessica or Nick, but there is something about Jessica that is sort of "country-ish girl cute" that I kind of like. She certainly sings better than her sister does.

About the only thing I know about their show was something about Jessica opening a can of tuna fish and wanting to know if it was chicken or fish because the label said chicken of the sea so she thought it was chicken that came from the sea....???????

It seemed like they were truly in love at first, it's a darned shame they couldn't keep their marriage together....but they were, and still are, pretty young. Put their young age together with Hollywood and all that goes along with that, no wonder they have split....again.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
heyang said:
So, yes - Brittany just had a baby with her husband Kevin Federline, who was a dancer on her tour. His girlfriend was pregnant with their second child when he hooked up with Brittany. The rumors since the baby's birth has been that he still likes to party. On the radio Friday afternoon, one of the DJ's mentioned that the current rumor was that she had kicked him out - ironic, since they were just in a recent issue of People (saw the commercial for the issue) as a happy family.

According to the recent people magazine all is well in Brittany-ville now...

they are arguing over how much time he spends away from home. Apparently he's not the stay at home dad she thought he'd be (you'd think with his track record she'd have some clue. But that's giving her too much credit)

she didn't kick him out, he just left to cool off. Apparently this is not the first time, and Brittany's mom says he does that to give her some space to cool down... but that they are still very much in love and neither one is going anywhere...

and for the record, my aunt subscribes, and I need something to do in the bathroom lol :laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
According to the recent people magazine all is well in Brittany-ville now...

they are arguing over how much time he spends away from home. Apparently he's not the stay at home dad she thought he'd be (you'd think with his track record she'd have some clue. But that's giving her too much credit)

she didn't kick him out, he just left to cool off. Apparently this is not the first time, and Brittany's mom says he does that to give her some space to cool down... but that they are still very much in love and neither one is going anywhere...

and for the record, my aunt subscribes, and I need something to do in the bathroom lol :laugh:

:rofl: Toni...:laugh:

Jhar55

Medalist
I thought their MTV show was funny, it sure made her look stupid. is this tuna chicken? it says chicken of the sea on the can :rofl:
I always thought he really married her just so he could sleep with her, then the newness wore off. He said on time on the show he was giving her 5yrs to get over beign so spoiled really like that would happen, just don't see her doing a lot of cleaning..or give up the big buck spending...

heyang

Record Breaker
I remember seeing them on an episode of Oprah.

She admited that she manipulated their 1st kiss to happen while they were dancing to Top Gun love theme 'Take My Breath Away" which was her 1st adult movie. They also recorded the song as a duet.

Her mother was on the show and admitted that she never had Jessica do anything around the house - everything was done for her since she was always working. The girl never even made her own bed. That's why there was a whole episode of The Newleyweds where the housekeeper was flabbergasted by the total disarray in their home.

Jhar55

Medalist
I also watch her sister Ashley's short live MTV show and their mother had to show Ashley how to mop the floor. I can understand lot of younger girls who can't cook but picking up after there self or how to operate a washer / dryer is just lazy. IMO.

Dyan

On the Ice
NJSk8Fan said:
I'm not a huge fan of either Jessica or Nick, but there is something about Jessica that is sort of "country-ish girl cute" that I kind of like. She certainly sings better than her sister does.

That's not saying much because as beautiful as Jessica is she has a horrible singing voice. IMHO Ashley doesn't sound that much different than Jessica but I found it interesting at how people never really took to her they way they did Jessica.

I usually get tired of all the celebrity overkill though as was pointed out it's hard to get away from it. Even listening to the radio stations in between songs the dj's seem to like to dish the gossip.

I do admit to liking Nick and Jessica more than most of the Hollyweird crowd since even after making those millions they still seemed down to earth.

As for fault, I would say it might be the fault of both Nick and Jessica. He might have a problem being outshone by his wife but I has also heard (those dj's again) that Jessica had changed and had become a little full of herself. Who knows...

And I can't believe I am discussing this. :laugh: