No season is complete without....

... Plushy jumping a quad :biggrin: :hopelessness:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No season is complete without....

... Plushy jumping a quad :biggrin: :hopelessness:

I think he didn't jump quad in this season. ;) In March 2016 he had the latest serious surgery because of the cervical spine herniation. After the surgery he "just" landed in 3A.

Khoai

Match Penalty
No season of FS is completed without some shocking comments from either Mr Mishin or Mr Plushenko.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The fear that Michael is going to drop Kirsten MT from a lift or a twist every time they take the ice

Trankov ranting about quad throws

Mirai being taken to the cleaners and hung out to dry by GSers who say she needs to retire because, in their opinion, her season has been a disaster, even if it's not even halfway over. Then she turns around and medals at 4CCs

Remarks about ugly Edea ice flys and piano boots

Nobody paying attention to synchronized skating, thus causing me to feel like a pariah who's having multi-page discussions with myself

Overdone warhorse program music that needs to be KILLED WITH FIRE!!!!

TSL episodes with god awful audio that you can't even hear

Patrick and Yuzuru having a pop-N-splat competition seemingly every time they compete against one another

Fans foaming at the mouth when a young Korean skater is deemed the next Yuna.

Ruffledgrouse and 4everchan's series of hilariously unfortunate typos

At least one skater getting violently ill from food poisoning when at a competition in Asia

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The fear that Michael is going to drop Kirsten MT from a lift or a twist every time they take the ice

Mirai being taken to the cleaners and hung out to dry by GSers who say she needs to retire because, in their opinion, her season has been a disaster, even if it's not even halfway over. Then she turns around and medals at 4CCs

Nobody paying attention to synchronized skating, thus causing me to feel like a pariah who's having multi-page discussions with myself

Patrick and Yuzuru having a pop-N-splat competition seemingly every time they compete against one another

At least one skater getting violently ill from food poisoning when at a competition in Asia

I'd be more interested in Synchroskating if we ever got to see any of it on TV. :( I have enjoyed it when I've gotten to see it.

If I were Kristen I'd be asking Eric Radford if he was interesting in skating for another four years after Megan retires.

Patrick and Yuzuru are the Serena and Venus of Figure Skating.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I feel like that with the Team Cyprus Fan Fest.

There was interest from other members for a while, but then it died off. (Probably not helped by me deliberately staying away from the Fan Fest for a few months, due to trying to distance myself from a dispute within the skating community on the island).

And now I am the only one left, talking to myself.

Anyway, back to synchro. Although I don't like it myself, I have been thinking a lot this season that Synchro should be included in the GP Series.

Apart from raising the profile of that type of skating, it might persuade the organisers of those GP's that insist on squeezing all the competition segments into 2 days that having them spread over 3 days is better! :agree: :biggrin:

So, to bring it back to topic, no season of FS is complete without...

...the GP Series having no standardised schedule! :rolleye: :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I feel like that with the Team Cyprus Fan Fest.

There was interest from other members for a while, but then it died off. (Probably not helped by me deliberately staying away from the Fan Fest for a few months, due to trying to distance myself from a dispute within the skating community on the island).

And now I am the only one left, talking to myself.

Anyway, back to synchro. Although I don't like it myself, I have been thinking a lot this season that Synchro should be included in the GP Series.

Apart from raising the profile of that type of skating, it might persuade the organisers of those GP's that insist on squeezing all the competition segments into 2 days that having them spread over 3 days is better! :agree: :biggrin:

So, to bring it back to topic, no season of FS is complete without...

...the GP Series having no standardised schedule! :rolleye: :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

look ... i am talking WITH MYSELF in the duhamel and radford fan fest... olympic silver medalists... 2 times world champions.... and here we are... 4everchan doing a monologue on their awesome quads....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah yes, it wouldn't be an FS season without...

...militant synchro brats demanding their sport's inclusion at any cost, no matter how ill-behaved the synchro skaters are...

...karne complaining about geoblocking

...Brendan improv-ing at least one triple Axel pass

...someone winning an event/medal by falling on their backside multiple times and the ensuing argument over scoring

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah yes, it wouldn't be an FS season without...

...militant synchro brats demanding their sport's inclusion at any cost, no matter how ill-behaved the synchro skaters are...

I hope you're not including me in that description. Because, I can't stand Synchro. It's boring to watch.

A different team sport, "Ice Ballet" (which the French include in their National Championships), is much more enjoyable. But, since no-where else seems to be interested in it, I went with Synchro.

I only want an extra category included so that the skaters in the other categories can have a more spread out schedule. Because having all the SP's on one day and all the FS's on the next is tough going.

...karne complaining about geoblocking

I'll never understand why you guys still get geo-blocked from things when they aren't even being shown on the TV.

Justice for Aussies!

CaroLiza_fan

OniBan

Final Flight
No season of FS is complete without...

... Alena Leonova

(always somehow made it to the mix each season since forever, it's amazing O_O)