Not enough stability in Edea chorus boots | Golden Skate

Not enough stability in Edea chorus boots

okay

Spectator
hi, i recent bought edea chorus boots, and am really struggling with determining if they’re right for me. for reference, i’m 15 and started skating 3 months ago; i can do all my singles and basic spin positions. i started with jackson mystiques but they broke down within two months and provided no support, so my coach and i spoke and decided that choruses might be good, so i bought them from a local dealer. when i was fitted, there was a tiny bit of heel slipping, but it resolved when they were heat moulded. however, when i actually used them i noticed that my heel was slipping and the ankle was really loose. i initially assumed i just had to tie them tighter, but through the past two weeks the same thing has happened. i tie them the way edea recommends, and my coach was able to force them against my ankles so they were actually supported. im not sure if im having a lacing issue or if my feet simply aren’t right for edeas. the dealer i trust is on vacation until the 20th, and they are literally the only figure skaters shop in the state, so i can’t exactly get an opinion in the near future. another issue is that i have really high arches and small feet in general, which isn’t ideal for edeas. on the videos i’ve watched, the general consensus seems to be that you only tie them tight around the bottom of the ankle, but i don’t know if that’s working for me. i really really don’t want to have to buy new skates, so does anyone have any tips on how i can tie them tight enough? really, any advice on what to do would be great. thank you so much for listening <3

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hi, i recent bought edea chorus boots, and am really struggling with determining if they’re right for me. for reference, i’m 15 and started skating 3 months ago; i can do all my singles and basic spin positions. i started with jackson mystiques but they broke down within two months and provided no support, so my coach and i spoke and decided that choruses might be good, so i bought them from a local dealer. when i was fitted, there was a tiny bit of heel slipping, but it resolved when they were heat moulded. however, when i actually used them i noticed that my heel was slipping and the ankle was really loose. i initially assumed i just had to tie them tighter, but through the past two weeks the same thing has happened. i tie them the way edea recommends, and my coach was able to force them against my ankles so they were actually supported. im not sure if im having a lacing issue or if my feet simply aren’t right for edeas. the dealer i trust is on vacation until the 20th, and they are literally the only figure skaters shop in the state, so i can’t exactly get an opinion in the near future. another issue is that i have really high arches and small feet in general, which isn’t ideal for edeas. on the videos i’ve watched, the general consensus seems to be that you only tie them tight around the bottom of the ankle, but i don’t know if that’s working for me. i really really don’t want to have to buy new skates, so does anyone have any tips on how i can tie them tight enough? really, any advice on what to do would be great. thank you so much for listening <3
HI and welcome! Sorry that I'm not going to have the info you want to hear.
Your foot doesn't sound anything like what is for edea. If you have high arches you need to look at Risport and Jackson, you might be able to also use Graf.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
To second the above, Edea aren't the right boot shape for your feet, and Chorus are unlikely to be the right strength.

okay

Spectator
HI and welcome! Sorry that I'm not going to have the info you want to hear.
Your foot doesn't sound anything like what is for edea. If you have high arches you need to look at Risport and Jackson, you might be able to also use Graf.
thank you so much for replying, that’s what i figured. my skate tech is not going to be back until the 20th, is there anything i can do to make them work until them? i bought bunga pads, but i’m not sure if they will actually fix the problem. there is another one, but it’s a two hour drive, and i don’t want to go unless absolutely necessary.

macy

Record Breaker
you could buy some tensioner straps to help them not get so loose in the meantime.

from what i have heard edeas are notorious for becoming loose while skating no matter how tight you tie them. i'm in ice flys and have experienced this since i got them, using the tensioners has helped, but sometimes i still have to re tie them during a session. i don't understand why they have these issues- maybe an extra set of hooks would help since there are only 3 on each side.

okay

Spectator
Thank you guys so much for your input!! I finally had the chance to go to a skate tech today, and determined that not only are edeas entirely wrong for my feet, but that I had been given boots two sizes too large. We decided to go with Risport RF3 pros, and I am hoping that they can be shipped to the shop next week to be heat molded. I am so grateful that I found this forum, as I probably would have just assumed that my boots were supposed to fit that way... 🙃