Nov. 1st-7th lessons/practices | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nov. 1st-7th lessons/practices

Petlover

On the Ice
Summerkid, you should be proud of yourself for getting out their and trying the test. It appears that you are a very smart skater and have learned a lot from this experience! Keep up the good work!
Marcia

icy fresh

On the Ice
I admire you Summerkid. I mean, how many kids take something positive from a failed test or a bad placement at competiton. I learned so much when I didn't place well at all at a competition . I don't think I would've learned as much, had I placed well. Good luck in your future skatings!! :)

Last edited:

Summerkid

Rinkside
Thanks. I'm definitely going to go for it again. I've got nothing to lose. It has been 12 years since the last time I tested so the fact that I got out there at all is a postive step for me.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Indeed, very much so! I am so glad to hear you can be so positive about the test - I do wish some of the kids I saw try and fail today could be as positive. But when you are a teenager, as these children were, failure is such a disaster.... and one skater came really close on her elements, only failing because her jumps weren't quite consistent enough for her level. The judge did everything she knew to pass the skater, but at the end of the day she had to say, "I'm really sorry, but....."