Olympic coach Evy Scotvold has passed away | Golden Skate

Olympic coach Evy Scotvold has passed away

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olympic coach Evy Scotvold, who coached with his wife Mary Scotvold in a long and distinguished coaching career in the US, has passed away on May 25.

The Scotvolds are probably best known for coaching Nancy Kerrigan and Paul Wylie. The Scotvolds also coached many others, including David Santee, and Jenny Kirk. Evy also coached Terry Kubicka, the only skater to perform a legal backflip in competition.

Paul Wylie posted on Facebook:

Thank you to my long time coach and mentor Evy Scotvold. Evy helped me learn so many things in my life, many of them about skating. Both he and Mary helped me to gain the skill and confidence to reach beyond my expectations and put the past behind me in the Olympics and my pro career. I am so glad to have had the chance to say thank you in person over the weekend for the energy, care and thought devoted to me as a skater and as a person. Peace be with you Boss. Paul

Rest In Peace:pray:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS has issued a statement:

U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame coach Evy Scotvold passed away on May 25, 2021, at the age of 85.

Known as one of the preeminent technical coaches of his time, Scotvold, and his wife Mary, guided many of the sport’s top skaters, including Olympic medalists Nancy Kerrigan, Paul Wylie and Scott Hamilton. They also helped lead standouts such as Terry Kubicka, Sandy Lenz, David Santee, Jimmie Santee and Jennifer Kirk to sterling careers.

As a competitive skater, Scotvold was coached by greats Montgomery Wilson, Maribel Vinson Owen, Howard Nicholson, Eugene Turner and Gus Lussi.

“Evy and Mary Scotvold were so instrumental in my growth both as a skater and as a man,” David Santee said in a tribute post on Facebook. “Evy was a master technician but what set him apart was his ability to know what to say and how to say it.”

PSA coaches of the year in 1993, the couple was inducted into the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 1998 and into the PSA Hall of Fame in 2007.