Original Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
B/A

the lift was precarious. He almost lost the control.

imarie is right about the choreo not matching the tap music. CBC PJ Kwong was quoted as saying, "Usually I enjoy watching this team, but something about this program feels flat. Overall very nice presentation, however, the overall theme was lost in translation"

lmarie086

Medalist
B/A

imarie is right about the choreo not matching the tap music. CBC PJ Kwong was quoted as saying, "Usually I enjoy watching this team, but something about this program feels flat. Overall very nice presentation, however, the overall theme was lost in translation"

Yeah I thought the lift looked a little off.
And I know it's not, but that choreo make me think of a waltz more than a tap. Which brings reminds me that Linichuk chose a waltz for DomShab, and it doesn't surprise me as much now.

My favorites: Kerrs, Samuelson/Bates, and Summersett/Gilles (thought they should have moved up to 7th overall). Really enjoyed the French as well, but would like to see it a bit cleaner.

The Kerrs performed the heck out of that OD. I think I'd actually have had them first.

wushuang122

Rinkside
B/A

I totally agree with you. I don not understand what the theme is! Acutually, from this stage, what I can see is this is the weakest OD from BA ever, I donnot know why?

What a wonderul competition! Could you really worry about who won the segment? I would, of course, go with Carron and Jost but then again I am biased. Will this young team have to go with the 'under scoring' as does the Kerrs?

One great moment and it was just a moment in the routine, but Bates and Sam broke into a small tap dance. That got me! The original Fred/Ginger dance to 'Lets Yoursel Go' was for a tap dance and it should be risque. S/B were right on.

Maybe next time they use period pieces, we can get the 60s with all that Brtish Invasion music.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Yeah I thought the lift looked a little off.
And I know it's not, but that choreo make me think of a waltz more than a tap. Which brings reminds me that Linichuk chose a waltz for DomShab, and it doesn't surprise me as much now.

So how is Linichuk going to react to this? If Tanith and Ben were still in Detroit, we could be sure they'd show up China with a drastically altered OD, but will she allow that? And what will she do with Domnina and Shabalin? Will they be vulnerable to the same problems? Will Khoklova & Novitski win the OD in Cup of China?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I like that there were a lot of new elements in Belbin and Agosto's OD. The last lift was very good, the dance spin was different than what they did in the past, the other life wasn't great to me, but it was new. They looked beautiful but I agree they looked very slow and it did not say "tap dance" at all. They looked too waltzy, when they should have been 100% fun and energy. I really hope they can wow us with the freedance.

beep_beep

Medalist
b/a

imarie is right about the choreo not matching the tap music. Cbc pj kwong was quoted as saying, "usually i enjoy watching this team, but something about this program feels flat. Overall very nice presentation, however, the overall theme was lost in translation"

yeah i thought the lift looked a little off.
And i know it's not, but that choreo make me think of a waltz more than a tap. Which brings reminds me that linichuk chose a waltz for domshab, and it doesn't surprise me as much now.

The kerrs performed the heck out of that od. I think i'd actually have had them first.

ita

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wasn't Eartha Kitt the one that sang Goldfinger? (one of Batman's many cat women, an amazing broadway star, and the voice of the evil Ysma in The Emperor's New Groove)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The Kerrs were clearly IMO the best tonight. Happy to see them get the scores they deserved sort of. I would have them ahead of D/S. Loved Samuel and Bates. As for B/A I don't know what to say and I am a fan of this team. I hope they do not lose their personality on the ice with this coaching change. Overall great competition there was a lot of talent in the arena for sure.

casken

On the Ice
I watched the top 3 again and I agree that the Kerrs performed their program the best, but they still can't touch D&S on skating skills, cleanliness, and partnering. Also the Kerrs were a bit dodgy on their twizzles as well.

D&S should move the twizzles somewhere earlier in program. The program started to die a little at the end and having to rely on such a dangerous element as the twizzles to finish up is a bit risky. They should take advantage of the optional second lift to end the program with a bang like most of the teams are doing.

I'm still :rofl: at Olivier trying to grab Isabelle's butt.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
[links to youtube videos posted on the Ice dance - YouTube thread}

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I just saw the Kerrs OD, they are the best, my favorite couple. They should have won the original dance.

I think it was a bit rude of Belbin and Agosto to step out on to the ice while the Kerrs were just starting to take their bows.

lmarie086

Medalist
I think it was a bit rude of Belbin and Agosto to step out on to the ice while the Kerrs were just starting to take their bows.

Did they really do that? I didn't notice that, but I'll have to watch it again to see if I catch it. If they did then I agree, a bit rude or maybe just careless.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Did they really do that? I didn't notice that, but I'll have to watch it again to see if I catch it. If they did then I agree, a bit rude or maybe just careless.

Trust me watch it again, it is worth it the Kerrs rock:rock: But yes, first Tanith stepped on to the ice, and told Ben to come too. They were skating around while the Kerrs were taking their final bows it was really rude of them.

lmarie086

Medalist
So how is Linichuk going to react to this? If Tanith and Ben were still in Detroit, we could be sure they'd show up China with a drastically altered OD, but will she allow that? And what will she do with Domnina and Shabalin? Will they be vulnerable to the same problems? Will Khoklova & Novitski win the OD in Cup of China?

I personally think they should alter the OD, but I don't think that will happen. And due to the choreography not matching the theme, I think their score was actually a bit too high. Compared to the Kerrs (who were authentic through and through) I didn't think it should have been a 57. I don't know what score I would give though.

I think the OD might end up as a weakness for them though this season, if there are not any changes. I can't wait for the FD tomorrow. If the Kerrs skate clean and B/A don't (and if I don't like the choreo for that one either), I may want them in 3rd. I do hope Tosca works well though.

It could be the Linichuck is so used to the Soviet music together with what was tried and true in Russian dominance of figure skating that they are not sure what modern type of world wide music was going on during the Revolution.

Much of the skate dancing I see, particularly of Latin music is copied from the movies and not from real lie. JMO.

I was not pleased with the dancing of the gold and silver teams for the type of music which was required. The Kerrs have it. In fact, just about every team in the segment had it except the gold and silver winners.

even the first couple with WWII and Lily Marlene followed by Bugle Boy of Company B. And Carron and Jost with that Prom Fox Trot. Gorgeous.