Pairs and Dance Short Programs repeats? | Golden Skate

Pairs and Dance Short Programs repeats?

YagsFan

On the Ice
Hi all. I've been enjoying Worlds immensely, but one thing has me frustrated. The TV coverage on USA and Olympic Channel have shown short and long programs for mens and ladies, but only the long programs for pairs and dance. I have the long programs recorded, but really, really want to see the short ones first! Just weird that way, I guess:biggrin:. Anyway, I thought I had both shorts scheduled on OC, but now when I look at the description for tomorrow's showing, it says Pairs Free, not Short (in addition to the time change from 8 to 9, but that's par for the channel!). Soooo, my question here is, does anyone know where I can get the 2 short programs??? (Preferably for my TV, not watching UTube on my computer:))
Thank you.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Hi all. I've been enjoying Worlds immensely, but one thing has me frustrated. The TV coverage on USA and Olympic Channel have shown short and long programs for mens and ladies, but only the long programs for pairs and dance. I have the long programs recorded, but really, really want to see the short ones first! Just weird that way, I guess:biggrin:. Anyway, I thought I had both shorts scheduled on OC, but now when I look at the description for tomorrow's showing, it says Pairs Free, not Short (in addition to the time change from 8 to 9, but that's par for the channel!). Soooo, my question here is, does anyone know where I can get the 2 short programs??? (Preferably for my TV, not watching UTube on my computer:))
Thank you.
OK, now I'm really, really frustrated!! I know a bunch of you have seen my above post; won't someone give me some advice----or is there no answer? I finally accepted that maybe I should just go to YouTube and watch on my computer, but nooooo, I still can't find the pairs short program! I found 1 listing for it, clicked and got the screen entitled the pairs short prog. I wanted, then the title changed before my eyes to Ladies! The announcer said they would show Ladies 1st, and then Pairs, so I fast forwarded through the entire Ladies, expecting Pairs to follow, but nooooo, nothing! The only thing I have managed to do by searching through Youtube, is learn the final outcome of the comp:( so now that's ruined for me. I'd still love to figure this out, and I haven't searched there for the Rhythm Dance; I don't want to spoil that too.
Sorry for being whiney; it's late and I don't like stupid things like this. Much thanks to anyone who can help.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You'll need a VPN so you can switch to another country like India, then when you go to the ISU YouTube you'll see the pairs SP and rhythm dance (since the US purchased broadcasting rights YouTube won't let you see them)

If you don't have a VPN I'm not sure... Have you tried searching for the performances individually? At least for pairs? Finding all 31 couples in the RD would be hard.

YagsFan

On the Ice
You'll need a VPN so you can switch to another country like India, then when you go to the ISU YouTube you'll see the pairs SP and rhythm dance (since the US purchased broadcasting rights YouTube won't let you see them)

If you don't have a VPN I'm not sure... Have you tried searching for the performances individually? At least for pairs? Finding all 31 couples in the RD would be hard.
Thanks so much for answering:) I will have to consult my more tech-savvy son about a VPN. One further question though---if YouTube won't let me see Pairs Short and Rhythm Dance because of the purchased rights, why can they show all of the free programs, and at least Ladies Short? While searching, I saw links for all of the Free programs, and as I said above I sat through the entire Ladies Short there trying to get to Pairs. (Not attacking you, the messenger, just trying to make some kind of sense of all this.)

Thank you again for your effort to help! Now,:bed:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
VPN to Canada works for me when I tried to watch the official ISU streams, on my crappy ancient (2015 lol) phone at that. I used a free VPN, which I know is crapshoot as far as security goes.

Pairs Short stream includes the opening ceremony. The judges intro for Pairs starts at 42min into the video. https://youtu.be/wHFlOpKT-Sw

(I couldn't timestamp URL on my phone apparently. Sorry for the poor formatting, typing on this phone is like a major task :drama:)

Rhythm Dance - https://youtu.be/cTJSF-HdWmU

Women Short - https://youtu.be/jsfbhWjEIxQ

Edit #9000:
My usual method for links is going to competition threads for each segment - where @dorispulaski and/or @CaroLiza_fan will normally post stream links on the first/second page.

Also, @labgoat video thread... Post #103 for Worlds2022.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One further question though---if YouTube won't let me see Pairs Short and Rhythm Dance because of the purchased rights, why can they show all of the free programs, and at least Ladies Short?
Actually that's a good point and confusing :scratch2: I know the Pairs SP would include that song that K/F were getting sued for.

Goes to look at YouTube with my VPN...hmm only the women's short is there. Bizarre!

I can rewatch it here in Australia through SBS on Demand, but you need to sign up with an email.

There's the CBC (Canadian) option once you figure out the VPN.

Here's the RD link: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2016452163575

And the Pairs SP: