Pairs Free - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Pairs Free - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Disclaimer: Info below is copyrighted to Golden Skate so please don't copy & paste into other forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, and/or articles.

Thanks so much!

As usual, the skaters are shown in the order they skated and the placements are the placements at the time they skated. Marks are shown as Tech, Components and total

GER Noennig / Bleyer Start 1 Place 1
Notes missed their skate because of getting the ladies posted

USA Vise / Kole Start 2 Place 0
Notes missed their skate because of ladies

CAN Bergeron / Davison Start 3 Place 1
Notes navy with light blue design / planets / 3tw bit crashy but clean / sbs 3t she fell he 3turns out into 2t / axel lift with straddle hands to one hand to change of hands to one hand set down very nice / thr 3l low in knee butclean / pair spin is nice to softer music & flows with it / sbs 2a she single / toe overhead with change of hand & pos / some nice chor to music with bids with variations on entrance & exit to fids with variations both very nice / thr 3t again low in kn ee but held it / spirals are nice / back sbs cam sit front side upright very close & good unison / sbs ftwrk flows & matchs well / good speed into axel lift no pos change niceflip out into ending pos /
t 45.84 c 39.36 tot 84.20 ded 1.00 tot 127.60

SVK Brozovic / Futas Start 4 Place 3
Notes pinocchio / she has very short hot pants - like very short - cheeky / 3tw was 2-1/2 / thr 3f was 2ft /axel lift is a bit short but nice / sbs 3t she may have 2ft far end of rink/ sorry I missed writing some stuff catching up with what they were doing / press lift was nice / then there was alift that didn't go up / fids to end is nice / It was a neat concept her playing pinocchio and him giseppe but something was missing / she looks really upset in kiss & cry /
t 39.42 c 36.32 tot 75.74 tot 120.48

POL Zagorska / Siudek Start 5 Place 1
Notes The MIssion / peach at shoulders shading to purple / opening pose has her upside down on his shoulders big gasp from crowd / sbs 3t he hand down she clean into 2t / thr 3l / axel lift with her shoot duck through legs into it and it went up right and looked great with multiple hand & pos changes / and I'm getting way behind trying to describe things / sbs 3t she was on bad lean in air but it was clean / sorry I just can't describe the lifts they're so varied and just great and they've got really good feel for this music and I'm just enjoying the program so much / last lift is her sumersaulting into it and the crowd is clapping & cheering /
t 59.78 c 55.20 tot 114.98 tot 170.94

RUS Borzenkova / Chuvilaev Start 6 Place 2
Notes anton arenski medley / her in peach him in black / sbs 3t clean into 2t / thr 3l step out / sbs 3t but looked to me like only 2t / 3tw is ok / axel lift to star to splits sideways / sbs fly camto illusions to upright a tiny bit out of sync at times / some chor to slower music into spirals into thr 3s / axel lift with no changes / hand to hand lift with straddle take off into carry lift with her upside down & him in arabesque / fidswith some really neat variations in both her and his pos / into pair spininto bids and ending pos / finished a bit behind music / I enjoyed the program but it didn't draw me in like Z&S /
t 51.62 c 44.48 tot 96.10 tot 144.02

CAN Langlois / Archetto Start 7 Place 2
Notes her in burgundy with pink him in black / Un homme et son peche / some nice chor to set a very soft mood / thr 3l great distance and clean into sbs 3t close in sync perfect / 3 tw him with hands going to side clean / sbs 3t bit skiddy on landing but clean into sbs 2a clean / axel lift to one hand to pos changes then cam edown / sbs spins fast in sync & close nice pos / some chor to slow part ending in him carrying her a bit / hip lift to start to upside down exit / bods / spirals have great extension into spread eagles / leap of faith into thr 3s / axel lift to star is good with flip out / step seq is interesting & fast / they're really relating to each other / their version of travelling entrance to fids / combo spin to end / partial standing O / verygood skate just the one problem on the axel lift /
t 56.24 c 54.08 tot 110.32 tot 167.70

CAN Marcoux / Buntin Start 8 Place 3
Notes Moscow nights heartland / beautiful rich purple velvet with brocade / sbs 3t perfect into 2t / 3tw bit crashy & unsure on landing / thr 3l jerky landing on toe but clean / hip lift to star to reverse star / bodswith 2 revs / some chor to slowe music &emoting between them into pair spin that is fast with good pos and changes in to sit facing each other / spirals with inas / sbs 3t she fell & slid into boadrds / bids that was a bit shorter than planned I think because of the3 fall / sbs spins with good pos got a bit out of sync at end / axel lift with pos changes into thr 3s / sbs O ftwrk to fast music & crowd is clapping / final lift didn't go up /
t 45.68 c 54.72 tot 99.40 ded 1.00 tot 163.42

CHN Pang / Tong Start 9 Place 1
Notes Butterfly lovers / her in pink with mauve him in mauve & light blue / huge lateral 3tw / sbs 3t bit jerky but clean steps 2a clean / thr 3s is huge / sbs cam sit crouch back sit fast & good sync / some chor into axel lift to one hand to reverse star withtwist out / sbs 2a she single he stepout / thr 3l fell / some chor / spirals with nice variations / some more chor into step over head to hone hand press / fids / music gets perky & they do steps seq to match / hip lift into one and carry with her in star him in spread eagle into pair spin with goood pos but speed got very slow at end /
t 53.26 c 55.68 tot 107.94 ded 1.00 tot 172.48

CHN Shen / Zhao Start 10 Place 1
Notes the soong sisters / her in black velvet bodice & red skirt with sequin design him in red shirt & black pants / sbs 2a into 3t / thr 3s huge so big that if I didn't know it was a 3 I'd think it was a 2 / sbs 3t / pair spin into some chor & mood-setting / 3tw / axel lift with good speed into star / strt steps infront of judges nice with music / thr 3l lean in air but she did it / bods is nice into some chor & emoting with music that is really nice / toe overhead / sbs spins bit far apart but good sync & nice pos / just missed something think the end of the spirals / back hand to hand lift / fids with flip over - lost it at end but did get in one good rev / good program not quite the emotion of last year's - atleast not yet needs some more miles on it /
t 61.00 c 62.72 tot 123.72 tot 190.20

NOTE: Before the last group skated there was an announcement that Bergeron & Davison's marks had been revised because they did an illegal element -- one too many jump elements possibly because their sequence of 3t2t was classed as 2 separate elements and therefore their sbs 2axels didn't count and they got zero for them

Evdokia

On the Ice
Thank you for the report Rosaleen! :)
Can't wait to see Zagorska/Siudek's programe, I'm really happy that they got a medal and skated so well! :rock: