Pairs Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program

Medusa

Record Breaker
BTW, I had heard at one point that these 2 were a couple . . . is that true and are they still together off-ice?

From my understanding, Masha and Maxim were also once a couple off the ice, but that was some years ago.
I have absolutely no idea about that kind of stuff - but did some research. The only thing you find out about M/T is that they pretty much didn't / don't like each other and that they were called untrainable by some.

K/S like each other and care about each other, but there is an article that officially states that they are not a couple off ice. Honestly, I never got a romantic vibe from them - they seem more like siblings, even that fantastic photo looks more like a big sister with her little brother...

Kasey

Medalist
I have absolutely no idea about that kind of stuff - but did some research. The only thing you find out about M/T is that they pretty much didn't / don't like each other and that they were called untrainable by some.

Well, if that is the only thing you can find, you didn't research much. Even here, Goldenskate, had an article on them last year, that talked about their issues in the past, and that they are indeed, in the past. Their joint blog, and quite a few magazine articles in the last few months, completely go against them not liking each other any longer. They had had a relationship, broke it off, and broke up as a pair for about a month and a half. Since then, both have said they've come to a new understanding and maturity with each other, and most of the time, it shows.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^^ I don't read that article, though I don't recall there being anything thing happening off-ice. I always the break-up in 2006 was simply an on-ice one.

Their relationship with each other really seem much better this year though. It was sometimes painful to watch them in the Kiss and Cry in the past looking so sulky.

Of course... :love: He really looks dark and tall and handsome. And Smirnov is so handsome too, just in another way - he looks lighter, and I don't just mean his hair. I just love this photo of Smirnov, you probably know it.

Too bad the person who dresses Yuko in this photo shoot apparently doesn't dress her on ice. She is so pretty, but someone just keeps making her wear those horrible little dresses on ice. Smirnov's hair looks so great in this shoot too!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, if that is the only thing you can find, you didn't research much. Even here, Goldenskate, had an article on them last year, that talked about their issues in the past, and that they are indeed, in the past. Their joint blog, and quite a few magazine articles in the last few months, completely go against them not liking each other any longer. They had had a relationship, broke it off, and broke up as a pair for about a month and a half. Since then, both have said they've come to a new understanding and maturity with each other, and most of the time, it shows.
Well, people talk a lot - I just wasn't sure, that's why I left it open. I remember her being really cold towards him in the long at Worlds - so I just don't know what's up. And in the end it probably doesn't matter, they now deliver beautiful programs (like the short here at Europeans) and I guess that's all what matters in the end - and probably all we can really talk about...

Talking about quarrels, there were a few very juicy (German) articles about the Savchenko - Szolkowy - Steuer - Triangle these past days. Steuer was incredibly furious after the fall on the Triple Toe, telling Szolkowy that he is arrogant, ignorant, without ambition, that he is resting on his laurels etc. Szolkowy also said that the practises can be really rough and stressful - but they sometimes also have fun. It's interesting how much teamwork is behind such a pair, how important it is to balance the emotions...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Too bad the person who dresses Yuko in this photo shoot apparently doesn't dress her on ice. She is so pretty, but someone just keeps making her wear those horrible little dresses on ice.
Very true! I actually took a while to realize that it was Yuko in the picture... She looked amazing, but unfortunately, when they're skating, the way she's dressed and the total look make her seem like she's a child. She's 27, and a beautiful woman - her costumes should reflect that.