Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Thanks so much for great PBPs Canuck.

I met John and he was really tall (about 6 feet). Then, Mylène was really small. The teamwork between them was incredible.

So far, I'm happy with the placement. fair judging.

Last edited:

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford CO

Throw 2 Twist - nicely done
Throw 3L - hand down
SBS 3 T - she went down (don't think it was rotated)
SBS spins
Nice job on star lift - good extension, lots of ice coverage
Spiral Sequence - good speed / nice flexibility
DS right into pairs spin - good positions and speed

49.77 - into 2nd

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin QC

Nice air on the 2 Twist
Excellent SBS 3T
Star Lift - well done
SBS spins - good speed/unison
Pairs spin - nice positions, good speed
Spiral Sequence - nicely done
Throw 3Z - nice
DS

Extremely well done - Jess and Bryce are going to need to skate lights out to pull ahead. Very well skated.

65.74- SB 1st

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison QC

Jess down on SBS 3S
Much improved on the 3Twist - still some work to do on it though
Beautiful star lift
Throw 3L - she looks stiff
Nice spiral sequence
SBS spins well done - good unison/speed
DS - she gets so close to the ice - nice speed
Pairs spin - seems like it never changes - would like to see more unique positions

Good job but they should be 2nd after D/B great skate.

62.22 - into 2nd

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
1 Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin
QC
-
2 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison
QC
-
3 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall
NS
-
4 Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford
CO
-
5 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers
SK
-
6 Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart
CO
-
7 Amanda Velenosi / Mark Fernandez
QC
-
8 Brooke Paulin / Brian Shales
WO
-
9 Christi Anne Steele / Adam Johnson
WO
-
10 Taylor Steele / Christopher Richardson
WO
-

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES! Duhamel/Buntin deliver big-time!! Beautiful to hear they skated so well!! :love: Love them!:bow:

As expected, the winner will come down to D/B and D/D.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison QC

Jess down on SBS 3S
Much improved on the 3Twist - still some work to do on it though
Beautiful star lift
Throw 3L - she looks stiff
Nice spiral sequence
SBS spins well done - good unison/speed
DS - she gets so close to the ice - nice speed
Pairs spin - seems like it never changes - would like to see more unique positions

Good job but they should be 2nd after D/B great skate.

62.22 - into 2nd

Best they've done on the 3Twist by a mile - really improved, which was good to see. Too bad about the fall on the sbs 3S. Everything else was great and it would have been interesting to see who the judges would have gone with given relatively equal performances. Personally, I prefer D/D to D/B, but D/D had the fall, so obviously deserved to be in 2nd. Will be a battle royale in the long.

On another note, I thought D/D and D/B looked obviously the class of the field in terms of speed and confidence of delivery on the ice. They just looked at a whole other level than the rest of the competitors. Would like to see a few more exciting up and comers.

Tigger

Final Flight
WAY TO GO MEGAN AND CRAIG!!!

Now if we could just get PJ to pronounce Megan's last name right...

Jess and Bryce *are* skating better than they were in Ottawa at SC, but there's still loads of room for improvement.

At least now I know if I get stuck here at my sister's during a major event carried on the CBC that I can watch it online at least here. :biggrin:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Yay for Duhamel/Buntin! So happy to see them skate well and into 1st! I'm rooting for them to take the title. They are simply awesome.:clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am so happy for Megan and Craig. I really like their SP. It has clean lines, crisp execution, good interpretation to the music and the speed they get is something else. They are a breath of fresh air!!

screech

Final Flight
I really enjoy D/B as well. They h ave so much attack. And I kinda had a feeling they were going to skate awesome - during warm up Meagan was just laughing and looked so relaxed. It will be interesting to see the long program.

Mind you I've never been on the D/D bandwagon. I find she has no personality on the ice and skates so timidly, like she's afraid to push the movements, and that kinda bugs me. She's a bit too refined IMO.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
thanks for the PBP!

I think that Dube and Davidson really need to eliminate the SBS 3 salchows. They are causing a lot of problems, not only for them, but for pairs in general. I think that because of the entry, they are hard to synchronize, so that throws thier technique off.

amateur

Final Flight
Wow that SP from Buntin/Duhamel was mighty fine! These 2 amaze me with their rate of progress. They skate with great attack. Becoming a favourite of mine among all pair teams.

feraina

Record Breaker
So glad to hear that Meagan and Craig skated so well! I can't wait to see the program on youtube or something (hint, hint). They are definitely my favorite Canadian pair. Maybe sentimental favorite pair, period. I've always found Meagan gutsy and down to earth and just a fine person, and Craig really impressed me with the way he skated with a bloody hand in TEB (and Meagan was really tough there too). Good for them!

The rate they've been progressing has been phenomenal. Still skating together only 1.5 years, and 3.5 years altogether for Meagan in pairs! She is really amazing!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Like everyone else on the forum, I'm thrilled for D/B! With my favorite Canadian pair out of the competition, I'm rooting for them to win. I really hope Skate Canada and the Canadian media would focus more on D/B if they win. They seem to be so obsessed with D/D after their Bronze at Worlds that they seem to have forgotten that they have other really really good pairs teams.

herios

Medalist
So glad to hear that Meagan and Craig skated so well! I can't wait to see the program on youtube or something (hint, hint). They are definitely my favorite Canadian pair. Maybe sentimental favorite pair, period. I've always found Meagan gutsy and down to earth and just a fine person, and Craig really impressed me with the way he skated with a bloody hand in TEB (and Meagan was really tough there too). Good for them!

The rate they've been progressing has been phenomenal. Still skating together only 1.5 years, and 3.5 years altogether for Meagan in pairs! She is really amazing!

They are true athletes ( you can say even jocks, would not be exageration). They will never be so refined like a G & G, but this is a sport and judges should reward them better internationally. If they will be skating like this outside, they will be sooner or later rewarded. Craig had now a few 6-7 places with both Valerie and Megan, time for them to crack the top 5 in the world imo. None of the teams in the world has a consistent showing, so let's try to move up (I Know, a 3 twist would help their quest) but if they skate clean it's possible.

i love to skate

Medalist
Like everyone else on the forum, I'm thrilled for D/B! With my favorite Canadian pair out of the competition, I'm rooting for them to win. I really hope Skate Canada and the Canadian media would focus more on D/B if they win. They seem to be so obsessed with D/D after their Bronze at Worlds that they seem to have forgotten that they have other really really good pairs teams.

I wouldn't say that Skate Canada or the media has forgotten about other Canadian pairs teams. Last year after worlds there were many articles on the toughness of Buntin and their quick rise as a team. Dube and Davison have had the best international results out of the Canadian pairs in the last two years and the Bronze at Worlds so of course they are going to get the majority of the attention. I'm hoping Langlois and Hay recover enough to compete at World's...what a team Canada would have!

lmarie086

Medalist
So glad to hear Duhamel/Buntin did so well! I've liked them since Worlds last season and for them to do so well so soon is remarkable. Hopefully their performance finds its way online soon.

Also glad to hear that Dube/Davison are doing well. It'll be real exciting going into the free.