Panin-Kolomenkin Memorial, 13-16 October 2020 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Panin-Kolomenkin Memorial, 13-16 October 2020

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Lighthearted routine from Polina and light footed skating, solid jumping too. New leader after three flights? No, Zinina still in first.

Now the top contenders take to the ice.

Masks discipline behind the boards seems to be better today.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, this costume is interesting, it's giving me sci-fi vibes. Don't know about the the music though...I kinda like it TBH.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Good free program from Arina Kshetskaya, just back from Moscow stage of Junior Cup.

And she is pleased with herself. New leader.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Mariya Dmitriyeva has already jumped a triksel last season in local competition.

But not today.

Her falls will probably take her out of contention for the medals.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Valeriya Ovchinnikova will probably regret that botched 3S but otherwise managed to hold on.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sof'ya Vazhnova closes the competition in style, will she earn herself enough bonus to make up for the fall?

No, ! ! q and < , a Silver is her reward, and we will not see the medal ceremonies, that will be held in a different part of the building.

I will not go as far as to suggest the judges specifically looked for errors, wanting to have a Piter girl win the competition. But this is how it often is in local events.

Anyway, this event was very enjoyable.

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ha ha, what is your job? I hope you won't get in trouble for keeping one eye on skating ;)

I too am excited for the Junior Boys, Nikita Sarnovsky, Kirill's little bro is here, I look forward to seeing how he goes!
I'm an editor in a media monitoring agency, but I've always watched FS or icehockey on the side. :biggrin: These days, I'm working from home, but we're really busy and have to stick to deadlines. There was nothing on that terribly interested me this morning, so I took the opportunity to crack on and enjpy the skaters I most want to see. I would never miss anyone I really want to watch, trust me! :p

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well good news for my bedtime, Nikita's in the first group :laugh: I'm sure he'd rather be on in a later group, but ah well you gotta start somewhere.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The information box has reappeared for the boys! I wonder where it went during the dance and girls.

(The one with the names in it, not the score box).

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The boys have already taken to the ice while I had my lunch ;-)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG I thought this would be a great song to skate to! Bring it, young man :rock:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:eek: at the replay music, I think our friend the rink DJ has been working too hard.

As a lover of green I approve greatly if Dmitri's costume!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone's banging on a wall in a neighbouring apartment and I'm not sure if it's because I've got my computer playing too loud, I didn't think it was too loud. :eek:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Too many falls in the young boys ...

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG...maybe it should be a drinking game - take a swig when rink DJ puts on ridiculous music for the playback!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"I didn't choose the jump sequence life, the jump sequence life choose me" Apparently the motto this year of many.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow Nikita streaks into the lead by 20 points! But got a time deduction of 2 points (is that the usual penalty? Because yikes).

Poor Miron that was a bit of a shocker. I liked his music, costume and some of the little touched in the choreo.

On that note I must head for bed, I was yawning all day at work so I need to get those zzzs!

Cheer on the rest of the lads for me. Goodnight :bed:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow Nikita streaks into the lead by 20 points! But got a time deduction of 2 points (is that the usual penalty? Because yikes).

Poor Miron that was a bit of a shocker. I liked his music, costume and some of the little touched in the choreo.

On that note I must head for bed, I was yawning all day at work so I need to get those zzzs!

Cheer on the rest of the lads for me. Goodnight :bed:
Sleep tight, see you around!