Parade of Champions | Golden Skate

Parade of Champions

Antilles

Medalist
Did anyone watch CBC's coverage last night? Impressive show. I was sorry to hear that Totmianina had dislocated her shoulder in that morning's practice.

I liked seeing Plushy skate with the accompaniment of the violonist. N&K were entertaining, D&S were kind of well, odd. I absolutely love Sasha's R&J every time I see it.

soogar

Record Breaker
I loved Sasha's R&J program, much better than the new Swan Lake number. Gosh. Plushy is a real diva on the ice. I don't know how anyone can doubt his artistry with the way he was channeling his inner woman in his other exhibition number. I also loved the number with the accompanying violinist.

soogar

Record Breaker
Plushy's woman costume music was some weird noise, like muffled voices. It's on www.somebodyelseslife.com if you want to download it. When the woman's muffled giggle and voice came on, he took off his shirt which became a dress and then put the shirt on when the man's voice came on. Plus he was prancing around feeling his "breasts"/bodice. He did a lot of mime to it. He was very expressive esp with his facial expressions and the body language of a woman.

I think Plushy must be popular with the ladies because he definitely has a warped sense of humor and expression in his program and he captured a lot of the nuances of a woman. And no, I don't think he's fruity.

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
I wish CBC had shown that one. I forgot to mention Pang&Tong and S&Z. They had great programs, with a lot of emotion. I really loved S&Z's Moulin Rouge piece.

soogar

Record Breaker
It was a pretty odd program. I'm not sure they'll even show it in the US if they didn't show it in Canada. I've never seen anything like it before and he's a real special guy to be doing such a crazy number in public. Then again, I was shocked when I saw Plushy's sex bomb program. I think Plushy is the only skater who truly shocks people with his exhibition numbers. I think Mishin is a nut.

jesslily

Final Flight
Too bad we have to wait for another week to watch the exibition.
But I was a little disappointed that Sasha used the R&J program again. This program is three years old. In her on-line diary she talked about that she and Robin were looking for music for the show number. I guess in the short period of time they did not find something really great, and just keep the R&J number.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
The violinist in question is Edvin Marton. I highly recommend EVERYONE go to amazon.co.uk and order his CD. It's been in my car, in my classroom and in my stereo for four weeks straight now...

Laura :)

LBC

On the Ice
jesslily said:
Too bad we have to wait for another week to watch the exibition.
But I was a little disappointed that Sasha used the R&J program again. This program is three years old. In her on-line diary she talked about that she and Robin were looking for music for the show number. I guess in the short period of time they did not find something really great, and just keep the R&J number.

At Sasha's site they said she'd have a new exhibition number for COI with a new costume. Probably not totally done yet as preparing for Worlds took precedence. While we've seen R&J a lot she's never done it in Germany and I'm sure they appreciated seeing it. Michelle used her old exhibition "I'm Falling" program as well so she doesn't have her new one done either.

hongligl

Final Flight
I watched it five times that night

Antilles said:
I wish CBC had shown that one. I forgot to mention Pang&Tong and S&Z. They had great programs, with a lot of emotion. I really loved S&Z's Moulin Rouge piece.

Shen&Zhao's Moulin Rouge is just amazing, stunning, absolutely toughing and beautiful. I watched it again and again and just love it! Don't tell me get a life. I had plenty important stuff planned that night but just put everything aside after watching the performance. wooooooow a must see!

mzheng

Record Breaker
Re: I watched it five times that night

hongligl said:
Shen&Zhao's Moulin Rouge is just amazing, stunning, absolutely toughing and beautiful. I watched it again and again and just love it! Don't tell me get a life. I had plenty important stuff planned that night but just put everything aside after watching the performance. wooooooow a must see!

Yeah. I only watched S&Z's exhibition in a down load clip. It is just magical. I haven't seen P&T's exhibition yet. Couldn't wait to next week. I'm wondering if they will use the same piece in COI toure.

Any one know who is the headliner in COI? I'm planning to go anyway. But my friend says she'll go only if Michelle close the show. lol

hongligl

Final Flight
Re: Re: I watched it five times that night

mzheng said:
Yeah. I only watched S&Z's exhibition in a down load clip. It is just magical. I haven't seen P&T's exhibition yet. Couldn't wait to next week. I'm wondering if they will use the same piece in COI toure.

I don't know what they did for the COI but P/T started with P lyin g on the ice and ended with both of them lying on the ice, cross-leged. Hope this would be enough to know if it was the same program. They did a very good job. Very entertaining. Z/Z's program was a bit to slow for me. Drove me nuts.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
After watching his exhibition number from the download, I see that Plushy won't have any problems stepping into Viktor Petrenko's shoes... uh, skates... uh, dress... when he finally turns pro. He's a natural!

imanta

Rinkside
I only saw Sasha's R&J exhibition on the internet. I thought she did great and definitely looked more powerful. Very calm as well. I love this program and am super excited to see her new one (also curious about her new exhibition outfit as on her website it said it was "startling" or something along those lines----what could that mean?)

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Michelle's "Fallin"...and so am I...

:love::love::love:with that program!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the most breathtakingly expressive, free, gorgeous programs I've seen Michelle--or anyone, for that matter-do!! While watching it, I thought back to some of Mathman's comments about Michelle possibly retiring, and it just appeared to me that she was having a blast and that eligible programs, though she has shown they can be exquisite, just don't allow her to let her hair down (literally and figuratively:D) anywhere NEAR like what she did in that gala--I loved it to pieces, and I have to agree with Mathman that she may say, to hell with y'all and the buzzing in my ears about the 3/3s, I've been disciplined enough for years in developing this art, now it's time to do what I WANT with it--and I don't blame her one bit; as Mathman mentioned she has everything it takes to build a show skating empire. I'd go to every show just to see her skate like that, crazysexycool, as TLC used to say:) Besides, after having accomplished so much, though Oly gold would be the icing, if she can spend the next few years performing stuff like that and having an absolute blast, no pressure over any chinks in her usually inpenetrable armor (no matter how good she is at handling the pressure, there's something to be said for that sigh of relief that lets you just rip a performance like she did with "fallin"--it must be obvious that I'm impressed at this point:) ) , she can still have her cake, icing-free but still every bit as sweet, and eat it too.:) We'll see if the indomitable competitor just HAS to have that Olympic gold (but she knows how fickle competition results can be, how your jumps can fail you and leave you out of the running in a split second, etc.) Okay, I'm totally dragging this thread kicking and screaming back into the "michelle retiring" thread, and that's not my intention in the least--I just wanted to gush about "Fallin'":love::laugh:

Sarah
p.s. stepped up the font size b/c of the BIG impression the program made on me--fresh, exciting, gorgeous all around, just enough jumping...and I have tickets to COI on Saturday-wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:)

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'm wondering what Falling becomes. I watched it alive at last year's COI show one or two week after the worlds. Can't say I was impressed.

btw, talk about COI, I thought they have a way to make money. Last year at COI show I bought one of their 3 CD programs, $25 or $30 solely because there is Michelle list in that copy. But guess what? Only one piece of Michelle in it. I was very dissapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

floskate

On the Ice
Just loved loved loved S/Z Moulin Rouge - AMAZING program which made me cry - have watched it about 15 times already. Sad? Probably. Do I care? Hell NO!!!

Go watch it's astounding!!

GoldenLady

On the Ice
I LOVED Shen and Zhao's "Moulin Rouge"! So much passion.... I get goosebumps every time I watch it. :love:

I also really liked Shizuka's exhibition number, and I loved the pink dress. I didn't care at all for either of her competition dresses, but this one was beautiful on her. If only she'd bring that dress back next season, preferably in competition.

I don't like the song "Fallin", but watching my tape of Michelle skating to it just might change my mind, if I watch it enough! She skated with such a nice, loose, relaxed feeling, and seemed to be totally in her element. And I thought she looked stunning in that white dress, and with her hair down.

Too bad we didn't get to see Plushenko's "dress" routine on CBC - or maybe that might have been a good thing, LOL! He certainly does come up with some stuff that's -- unique. :laugh: