Plastic Surgery for Skaters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plastic Surgery for Skaters

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Since people complain when I say how I know things, I won't say how I know it. But I do.

Not to mention, what's so scary about it? You don't need that rib, it gives you a much narrower waist, and I can say from personal experience it's gotta be more comfortable than a corset!

babyoscar

On the Ice
Shen

I got to thinking about Jessica Dube and her recent slice. That brought me to wondering if "we" knew of skaters that have had cosmetic surgery of any type. For instance I thought that Xue Shen had signifcant dental work done on her incisors just after she and Hongbo started to become successful. - somewhere around 2003. In the early pictures her jaw just seems so full and she had huge incisors. I can't seem to find a really good picture as she never has her mouth open. Later on she smiles all the time and is entrancing.

I have tried to find some pics, but don't seem to have as many sources as others.

now
http://www.chinadaily.cn/english/doc/2004-11/21/content_393439.htm

these are stunning
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/photo/2004/shenzhao.html

http://english.people.com.cn/200312/25/images/1224_144s.jpg

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...ges?q=xue+shen+2002&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

the middle pciture doen't even look like the same girl
http://home.snafu.de/eberl/archiv/photodir/skaters/pairs/shen-zhao_chn.shtml

Shen said she never had work done, she says that on SZ's website. She did have her nose done to repair something. I think she said she broke it and so had that fixed. She did have teeth braces for years and years. She is still not as comfortable smiling just because the big teeth on the front.

as far as Diane Keaton is concerned, she said she never had work done. I think she did mention she tried Botox, but didn't like it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/18/48hours/main600975.shtml

There are always people who looks a lot younger than their real age. People are always surprised to find out how old I am. I don't do any work on my face. What I got is from genes, my mom looks great for her age as well.

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
On the subject of skaters: Melissa Gregory has had work done, including removal of the floating rib (the last rib on each side that isn't attached to the breastbone--this surgery gives you a narrower waist. Cher's had it done.)

What I heard, though, was that she actually broke the rib on one side, badly enough that it was easier to just remove it than to repair it. I have not heard that she had both sides taken out, but I suppose it would make sense, to balance it out visually. On someone as slender as she is (and moreso back a few years, she was quite thin), having the rib missing on only one side would be noticeable, especially in the skimpy costumes the dancers wear.

LizzieBeth

Rinkside
Regarding Xue Shen and dental work, she really needed it. I think her problems would have been more than cosmetic if they had not been addressed.

She wore braces for years (and looked adorable) correcting something that would normally be fixed in childhood if she grew up in the US. It is wonderful to watch her - she just glows on the ice.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That really surprises me about Melissa. The last I saw her back stage, she has a very "realistic" stomach - not skeletal. I am surprised to hear comments of Ira being pregnant all the time but never mention Melissa or any of the other ladies that have health looking waists. ???

OK, I believe the Nicole boob job, reluctantly and wonder why - like anyone but other women and "superficial guys" would ever be able to look at anything but her "drop dead gorgeous eyes":love: when she is facing you. Not necessary or called for IMO. But it is not something that detracts from her "gorgeousness" Buy any means.

So now I want to know is about Jenny's nose job. I think I see it from a few pics, but it would be so minor, or it is just make up, I would like to know for sure. If she went for the more "turned up" I would say I liked it better the first way. Still "babeolishious" but why try to look more like Michael Jackson, Jenny? If you are that hot to start, why change a thing? How could she not be totally secure with her looks? Is that some of Evan's reasoning for hitting the road?

Last edited:

Linny

Final Flight
Lost her jumps

Nichole lost her jumps after her implants... unless it was just that she didn't want to take a chance of falling on her chest and rupturing them. Her skating career went down the tubes with the loss of the jumps. Wonder if it was worth it.
Linny

Saundy

On the Ice
Nichole lost her jumps after her implants... unless it was just that she didn't want to take a chance of falling on her chest and rupturing them. Her skating career went down the tubes with the loss of the jumps. Wonder if it was worth it.
Linny

Maybe the new added "twins" just made her off balance when she jumped... :laugh:

Dyan

On the Ice
...... If you are that hot to start, why change a thing? How could she not be totally secure with her looks? Is that some of Evan's reasoning for hitting the road?

I've always wondered if it's something about being in a entertainment related field. Or maybe there is some issue with self esteem in which the person in question doesn't think they look that great.

Jenny wouldn't be the first person who looked amazing to begin with but for reasons known only to them decided to get surgery. Although at least the last time I saw a picture of her Jenny still looked pretty and not like a characature (sp.)

In addition to Michael Jackson and Cher I also think that Pam Anderson (who now resembles a plastic blow up doll) and Hunter Tylo looked better pre- procedure.

I am not a feminist but whenever I look at Nicole I find myself hoping that she at least got the implants for herself not to please any significant other. It's also nice to see that Nicole did get a more normal size not the exaggerated size that some startlets prefer. It is too bad the implants may have cost Nicole her jumps although they weren't all that reliable even pre-implant.

IDLERACER

Medalist
In addition to Michael Jackson and Cher I also think that Pam Anderson (who now resembles a plastic blow up doll) and Hunter Tylo looked better pre- procedure.
And let us not forget Joan Rivers, whose face has been pulled back so many times that she now actually has trouble closing her eyes.

soogar

Record Breaker
Nancy Kerrigan had her teeth capped and so did Michelle Kwan I believe.

I don't think Michelle has caps. She still has that crooked tooth in the front.

I remember Nancy's pre-capped teeth and they were gappy and horrible- however the caps she got were so huge that it looked as if she could barely close her mouth. I think Nancy must have changed her caps because they don't look as big to me as they used to; unless my eye became acclimated to them.

soogar

Record Breaker
as far as Diane Keaton is concerned, she said she never had work done. I think she did mention she tried Botox, but didn't like it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/18/48hours/main600975.shtml

A lot of celebrities say that they've never had anything done. Both Michelle Pfeiffer and Sharon Stone (HAH!) say they've never had anything done. Yet both ladies tanned in the '80s and had more wrinkles when they were younger. Yet they would have you believe that faces just become magically smooth and clear when a lady hits her 40's:cool: .

Diane Keaton looks to be the least touched of the older actresses out there and she is famous for covering up her body. I don't believe I've ever seen photos of Diane Keaton with a tan (or if she did she didn't do it too often) so I can believe that she hadn't had a lot of work done. Not that I think there is anything wrong with having work. When I see Ashley Simpson becoming a different person then it becomes too much; however Bobek's implants really suit her figure and add something to her looks.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Linny

Nicole lost her jumps well before the implants! The most difficult jumps she was squeaking out was the odd double toe loop and the implants didn't help her any!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
A lot of celebrities say that they've never had anything done. Both Michelle Pfeiffer and Sharon Stone (HAH!) say they've never had anything done. QUOTE]

Sharon stone really denies having awork done???

Yet if you compare the two basic instinct films you can tell she's had a boobn job!

Ant

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Italian icedancer Federica Faiella had a nose job. ;)

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Nicole lost her jumps well before the implants! The most difficult jumps she was squeaking out was the odd double toe loop and the implants didn't help her any!

Ant

Why would a figure skater want implants? From experience big breasts make skating difficult. I skate and and I have trouble spinning and keeping my back up because of my breasts and I am getting them reduced in July so I see Nicole's jumps have gotten worse.

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Why would a figure skater want implants? From experience big breasts make skating difficult. I skate and and I have trouble spinning and keeping my back up because of my breasts and I am getting them reduced in July so I see Nicole's jumps have gotten worse.

In Bobek's case, hers are probably to distract from the fact that she lost her jumps years ago.