Plushenko's son, shocking article

Status
Not open for further replies.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Some videos Plushenko with children

When Sasha didn't want to leave the ice https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd2v-MMF1E-/ Sasha did it with his coach, too not once.. Plushy: Go home, go home, go to sleep..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6Sqxg47ac Look at their relationships with Varya-that is love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBXKfLGyZaM with Varya, Slutskaya's daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cltfw3PYVFo Sasha- Papa will you train me?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ6Il1_F0y8/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko a little girl from his Academy..He is very caring with that girl..

And many more videos on YT, and instagram from Plushenko's very early age. He adores the children and the children adore him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo7RfflL10 when he met with the little cat..is he a hard person? Ridiculously nice with that kitty

But probably you decided what you think...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The whole case is too much exaggerated in the media, making Yana some cruel monster. I don't really believe the scale of beating is as depicted in media. They probably hit him once slightly, but being them a celebrity and getting a lot of backlash has blown it all out of proportion. We all know there is much more worse abuse from real monsters happening all over the world in ordinary families, which does not get dailymail front page.

Also being them a celebrity, strict parenting is not their main problem, more like the other way round - celebrity offsprings known to be too spoiled and often feel they can get away with anything. So maybe punishment in this family had reasonable basis,let's face it kids could be cruel and manipulative, and it was mentioned that they punished him when he was treating badly other people, not because he could not perform a jump:)

Well I have information the posters believe it or not I don't care about it.

Yana said: Plushy hit him slightly once!!!! , Sasha was very annoying for a long time and Sasha poorly behaved himself with his nurse....They show they will use it if he won't be good boy. Sasha cannot be very polite with the adults many times he is loud, he wants to be in the center all the time. He has everything, he will have everything, he knows his father is a star, he knows his mother is a celebrity, and he knows he is a star himself..

The other is just a media hype, and the english article is a big lie.

Maybe this is can't be accepted for many people but I really believe he is a happy boy with great parents and they have many tasks with Sasha .

I hope you won't think because I like Plushenko I would support an abuser. I just want to think logically and want to use what I know.

Rada

On the Ice
[QUOTEThe whole case is too much exaggerated in the media, making Yana some cruel monster. I don't really believe the scale of beating is as depicted in media. They probably hit him once slightly, but being them a celebrity and getting a lot of backlash has blown it all out of proportion. We all know there is much more worse abuse from real monsters happening all over the world in ordinary families, which does not get dailymail front page.

Also being them a celebrity, strict parenting is not their main problem, more like the other way round - celebrity offsprings known to be too spoiled and often feel they can get away with anything. So maybe punishment in this family had reasonable basis,let's face it kids could be cruel and manipulative, and it was mentioned that they punished him when he was treating badly other people, not because he could not perform a jump][/QUOTE]

I agree.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
First off, there aren't just two choices in parenting - authoritarian and permissive. There are more styles of parenting in the middle, called authoritative. One such style will avoid punitive discipline but still sets limits and boundaries. The idea is that children are viewed as individuals who deserve basic respect and so the way to instill values and set limits is by modeling, sharing stories, talking it out, negotiating, natural consequences, role play, etc. To view that style of parenting as 'permissive' would be misunderstanding it. Truly permissive parenting is more similar to neglect whereas truly authoritarian parenting is more similar to abuse. Authoritative parenting is doing parenting right.
https://www.parentingscience.com/authoritative-parenting-style.html

2nd, you're actually wrong about your assumption that Americans are super permissive. The majority of Americans still approve of spanking!
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...nking-vary-by-party-race-region-and-religion/

I apologize if my statement came across as dichotomous. Of course I understand that there are more than two parenting styles. I grew up in an authoritative household where I was spanked and occasionally struck, but I don't feel as though I was abused. I suppose I was trying to refer to two extremes on a spectrum - abusive authoritative parenting like what the Plushenkos are being accused of, and overly permissive parenting where children become the "boss" so to speak, of the household, and are placated but not held accountable for their actions. It's an ugly stereotype of American parenting that I think gets harped on all too often, but I've unfortunately witnessed it myself firsthand more times than I'd like.

I'm not a parent myself, so I don't have personal child-rearing experience to draw from. We're all entitled to our own opinions, and perhaps I could have done a better job delineating mine.

millie

Medalist
Condoning this type of behaviour towards a small child is unbelievable. Putting all the blame on a small child and saying it’s ok to beat and abuse a child. Because the child deserved it. It’s the same as saying that a woman that is being abused by her husband, it’s her own fault because she deserved it. Excuses, excuses...there is no excuse for any type of abuse even on an animal. It’s ok for them to abuse their child because she a millionaire celebrity and he is skating celebrity....is that a good reason.....I hope that Human Rights hears this commentary and takes action towards these people...no one is above the law...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Nobody is saying that it's okay because Sasha misbehaved. Where exactly did you get that from? before you start blaming everyone in this thread.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Condoning this type of behaviour towards a small child is unbelievable. Putting all the blame on a small child and saying it’s ok to beat and abuse a child. Because the child deserved it. It’s the same as saying that a woman that is being abused by her husband, it’s her own fault because she deserved it. Excuses, excuses...there is no excuse for any type of abuse even on an animal. It’s ok for them to abuse their child because she a millionaire celebrity and he is skating celebrity....is that a good reason.....I hope that Human Rights hears this commentary and takes action towards these people...no one is above the law...

What??? So do you think this is abusing? I'm teacher, I learnt pedagogy and I'm a parent . I have two adult daughters one of them is electrical engineer and biological engineer I didn't hit them regularly but as I said I hit her bottom because she didn't react to anything and probably was another case with my other daughter, I don't remember totally irrelevant. They grew up nicely and became great persons. But I don't think the physical punishment is the best but sometimes you must try it.

And you know I don't like those parents who have annoying children they cannot behave next to the table , aren't polite with the adults, they want to buy everything in the shops and if they don't receive them crying so loudly, or can do anything in the family, dictate to their parents etc.

Can you imagine what will happen in Plushenko's status if Sasha can do everything, if he has no tasks, etc? Do you know what I'm thinking?
The danger is greater Sasha will be a boorish teenager who received everything, he will use drogs, will be a party boy with expensive cars, than Plush and Yana abused him.

I can imagine the article: Rudkovskaya and Plushenko's son broke his new car again!! Oh it seems they didn't care about their children they wanted to earn much money but their son grew up without parents!!!

Plushy with his pupils at the academy https://www.instagram.com/p/BatYGOFlo_9/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

This is a cute video on his Academy https://www.instagram.com/p/BaliyxoFy2S/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba3S9DIFn1o/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko another video his relationships with the children

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, from what I've learned in development psychology, this is potentially going to be very damaging for him long term and will be extremely difficult to fix. The possibility for all sorts of disorders is there. You obviously aren't supposed to allow your children to do everything but there are some things that are very important for a child's development. In fact, many of adulthood's personality disorders stem from the baby age and early childhood. This can range from actual psychological diagnoses to things like poor self-esteem, poor social skills, higher chance of depression and a worse stress-handling ability. Now, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert or try and diagnose him, but I do know that what they're doing goes against a lot of what I have learned and the reality is that the boy doesn't look very happy in any of the pictures. I don't think that all the blame can be put on the mother either, I believe that Plushenko deserves a lot of the blame as well. In fact, in the case his wife's projecting her rough childhood onto her child(in order to convince herself that it was normal and completely usual and she wasn't being mistreated at all) and generally doesn't understand what she's doing, it should be his responsibility to step in.

Children should not be the parents' playground and a tool to fulfil their own dreams - Their lives are their own and the child's enjoyment and own will should be the most important thing when chasing such things. You can encourage children positively as well.

And you know I don't like those parents who have annoying children they cannot behave next to the table , aren't polite with the adults, they want to buy everything in the shops and if they don't receive them crying so loudly, or can do anything in the family, dictate to their parents etc.

Can you imagine what will happen in Plushenko's status if Sasha can do everything, if he has no tasks, etc? Do you know what I'm thinking?
The danger is greater Sasha will be a boorish teenager who received everything, he will use drogs, will be a party boy with expensive cars, than Plush and Yana abused him.
I'm going to be generalizing a little here. Personally, I think that if a parent ever needs to yell at their children, let alone hit them in any manner (hitting them on the bottom doesn't make it okay), they've done something very wrong at some point in time. Something far more effective than yelling is talking to the child, explaining that them doing something makes you feel sad and to try and make them understand other people's emotions. Other than that, there's the usual positive reinforcement feedback system where children naturally seek to learn to do things that give them things they like like the parent's attention, praise and such. Doing these things in the right manner goes a long way towards bringing children up well. And at that point they're more likely to actually want to do things as you say because they like you and want to please you, rather than being afraid of punishment. I believe most parents just don't understand that children actually tend to be very smart even from an early age and talking to them in the right manner can make them understand many things you wouldn't believe they would. Abuse of children directly affects the physical development of even their brains and this isn't something they can get back. If their natural emotions are suppressed and they are forced to suppress them, it could eventually become difficult for the children to actually feel such emotions and enjoy life.

Bottom line: If you have to ever yell at your children or hit them, you did something very wrong with bringing them up and you don't have a proper connection with them. Parents should also understand the natural causes for rebellion.

I'd actually go as far to say that things like increasing depression, suicide rates etc. are in large part due to faulty parenting.

millie

Medalist
It’s so funny that certain posters think that we are blaming people on this thread, for what? Because we are commenting on a subject of child abuse. They hide behind the keyboard and cannot give constructive criticism and blame the posters for stating facts. The fact is that into today’s society, it is against the law to degrade and abuse a child...For example, if my granddaughter went to school with a bruise on her and told the teacher that Nan did it. Social Welfare and the Police would be at my door in a flash, take the child from my home and put in foster care until it was investigated. That’s the law....All you have to do is read the information about this boys mother and father and agree to disagree if it’s ok. There are also laws about child labor and making a five year old to skate and work for a pay check....

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, from what I've learned in development psychology, this is potentially going to be very damaging for him long term and will be extremely difficult to fix. The possibility for all sorts of disorders is there. You obviously aren't supposed to allow your children to do everything but there are some things that are very important for a child's development. In fact, many of adulthood's personality disorders stem from the baby age and early childhood. This can range from actual psychological diagnoses to things like poor self-esteem, poor social skills, higher chance of depression and a worse stress-handling ability. Now, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert or try and diagnose him, but I do know that what they're doing goes against a lot of what I have learned and the reality is that the boy doesn't look very happy in any of the pictures. I don't think that all the blame can be put on the mother either, I believe that Plushenko deserves a lot of the blame as well. In fact, in the case his wife's projecting her rough childhood onto her child(in order to convince herself that it was normal and completely usual and she wasn't being mistreated at all) and generally doesn't understand what she's doing, it should be his responsibility to step in.

Sasha is in the hause https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2HMXWT-R-M with his roller skates and many dogs !

when he received the skates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ggJbTaDvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANGNgkSxAw&t=2m Plushy teaches Sasha kix-box

And look at this adorable video https://www.instagram.com/p/BXvemnsFGj0/?taken-by=plushenkoofficial sasha adores the cucumber

Probably this is before the beating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dWwxmOP0JA Sasha didn't do well, thus Plushy beat him

Do you think Sasha has no childhood???

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It’s so funny that certain posters think that we are blaming people on this thread, for what? Because we are commenting on a subject of child abuse. They hide behind the keyboard and cannot give constructive criticism and blame the posters for stating facts. The fact is that into today’s society, it is against the law to degrade and abuse a child...For example, if my granddaughter went to school with a bruise on her and told the teacher that Nan did it. Social Welfare and the Police would be at my door in a flash, take the child from my home and put in foster care until it was investigated. That’s the law....All you have to do is read the information about this boys mother and father and agree to disagree if it’s ok. There are also laws about child labor and making a five year old to skate and work for a pay check....

No. I don't blame you. You just don't know anything. Abusing, abusing!!! That is not abusing. What Sasha earns they collect for him in the bank. He will receive if he grew up. Sasha is a happy boy.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Agreed. Victim blaming a five year old little boy? That’s a whole new low.

As an aside, perhaps the #metoo movement will branch out to cover not just sexual assault, but all types of abuse, regardless of the victim’s gender, age, sexual orientation, etc. This is a good thing. It’s 2018, where we as the human race as a whole like to think we are progressive, yet society still has a lot of work to do to remove the stigma and backlash that victims of all types of injustices have to go through, on top of the actual incident in which they were violated.

millie

Medalist
No. I don't blame you. You just don't know anything. Abusing, abusing!!! That is not abusing. What Sasha earns they collect for him in the bank. He will receive if he grew up. Sasha is a happy boy.[/QUOTE

Yes probably in the video or photo, he is a happy boy. If he don’t smile for the photo, he would probably will be put in a dark closet and a whipping. All kind of excuses for the parents’s behaviour. If this where any poor random person, other than the famous Plushenko, would people be so eager to defend him....

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes probably in the video or photo, he is a happy boy. If he don’t smile for the photo, he would probably will be put in a dark closet and a whipping. All kind of excuses for the parents’s behaviour. If this where any poor random person, other than the famous Plushenko, would people be so eager to defend him....

:laugh2::rofl: But those videos aren't just with Sasha...On the Academy there are 60 pupils...The little ones simply adore him..

I HAVE A QUESTION HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY VIDEOS HAVE YOU EVER READ ANY INTERVIEWS WITH HIM??? NO??? That's OK.

Plushenko is an abuser he beats all his sons! He rieses 3 and his first son who was born in his first marriage that is 4th. He was with them on Maldives on holiday, the mother allowed to him... She did mistake! Plushenko trained them so hardly even on holiday!!! Awful person!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/BgbjGQEnl8v/?taken-by=plushenkoofficial running, running....they can't sleep because of Plushenko's obsession..

and another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ3jmLi1Oo Sasha had to push his father..

chillgil

Match Penalty
Nobody is saying that it's okay because Sasha misbehaved. Where exactly did you get that from? before you start blaming everyone in this thread.

uhhh here

The whole case is too much exaggerated in the media, making Yana some cruel monster. I don't really believe the scale of beating is as depicted in media. They probably hit him once slightly, but being them a celebrity and getting a lot of backlash has blown it all out of proportion. We all know there is much more worse abuse from real monsters happening all over the world in ordinary families, which does not get dailymail front page.

Also being them a celebrity, strict parenting is not their main problem, more like the other way round - celebrity offsprings known to be too spoiled and often feel they can get away with anything. So maybe punishment in this family had reasonable basis,let's face it kids could be cruel and manipulative, and it was mentioned that they punished him when he was treating badly other people, not because he could not perform a jump:)

chillgil

Match Penalty
i just feel like if the belt thing happened once sasha wouldn't have blurted it out so quickly

who knows though, i never followed plushenko so i dont know him at all but it makes sense to me that anyone who is known for being at the pinnacle of an elite sport would want to portray themselves a certain type of way and would use social media and interviews to come across as, idk, someone who wouldn't beat a child?

blue_ice

On the Ice
I SAW THIS INTERVIEW IN RUSSIAN WITH PLUSHENKO'S WIFE. THIS ARTICLE IS TRUE, just a translation of that interview.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Agree. If you are celebrity the media will make scandal from your things.. I hope Yana will learn from this case. I wonder how the children, coaches, parents will react it at the Academy . They met with them every day.

Look at this child ! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg6jNjxlnkP/?

I am at a loss when I see that little clip. We're all different but, when I was being bullied at school, I had no joy. Even in the classes I enjoyed, I never smiled, I never sang along to music, even though I was a singer. Sasha is either happy, or the best little actor I know. My heart is heavy over this story and I just hope things will work out for Plushy and his family.

Eclair

Medalist
When I was doing an internship, I saw a lot of kids with their parents. It was pretty outstanding, that those children, whose parents yelled at, when they were not behaving the way the parent wanted, also yelled and screamed, when they were confronted with a problem. They learned the yelling at problems from their parents. And they learned, that yelling is a normal behavior others do as well.
Those kids, whose parents explained and stayed calm, also stayed calm and were thoughtful when they had to solve problems.

Just because a child shuts up and focuses immediately(mostly what the parents often desire) after it got hit or slapped, doesn't mean, that hitting a child is not going to cause long term damage in self-esteem and how it handles stress or problems. Beating a child doesn't mean, it will fail 100% in life as many successful people where beaten when they were a kid, but it still often (not always) messes with their mind and psyche and seriously, there is a way to raise responsible and humble children without beating them, even if it may take more effort and thoughtfulness from the parent.

the 'if I don't beat my children, they'll turn out spoiled' is an old mindset, that is not true. Believe it or not, children can turn out humble without corporal punishment.

Also, being too strict or too loose is not a matter of money. You can be very wealthy and be too strict too. And you can be very poor and be too loose.

renla

Rinkside
I recently left a job as a foster care/family preservation case worker in child protective services. I have seen the effects of the horrible things people can and will do to their family members, and I can say with no shadow of a doubt that you truly cannot spot an abuser based on their interactions with other people or the image they present to society. Behind closed doors, anything can happen. I have worked with foster care parents who appeared to love and care for the child in their care, only to find out that they were abusing the child as well. I've seen rich abusers and poor abusers, and I've spoken with teachers, friends of the family, and others that swore up and down that the abusers couldn't possibly have done those things because they are 'respected members of the community' or are 'such nice people' (which are also used in denials of domestic abuse). And do you know the saddest part? The children, 9 times out of 10, would say that they did not want to be removed from their home and that they still loved their parents.

I do follow the videos on Plushenko's academy, and I do think that Sasha does look happy and involved while he's skating. I think he really does enjoy the sport, but I also believe the level of pressure that is put on him is ridiculous. And like many posters have said, most children wouldn't mention anything about abuse the way Sasha did out of the blue. CPS has started many investigations based on a teacher/coach reporting something a child has said because children up until a certain age don't know any better.

Despite that, I really do hope the situation is not as dire as I believe. I hope that Sasha will be able to choose his own path once he is able to, and I hope that he will be healthy both physically and mentally. A great amount of psychological damage can be done at such a young age. No two children are the same, so if there is truth to the article, it will be impossible to predict how Sasha will be affected. Either way, this will definitely shadow me as I continue to watch the progress of Sasha and the other skaters at the Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.