Predictions! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Predictions!

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I hope Mao won't be so nervous. She said she thinks too much, as she did at Worlds I guess. Anyway, Joannie has a beautiful long as well. If she deserves it, she has the right to win, Mao or not Mao (but go Mao!:laugh:)

bekalc

Record Breaker
She could, it is entirely possible! But Mao is a strong LP skater. It will still be tough. Meanwhile, I predicted Elene for the bronze. That's a big cross wrong for me.

Mao is a good long program skater, but I'm not sure about the lutz, and if she's going to do 2 3axels, she could have some problems. We will see. I don't want that to happen though because it would take a poor skate from Mao, and poor thing was in tears after the short program.

R.D.

Record Breaker
At least it's close...after the SP. But I don't see Rochette being a solid FS skater. I still think Asada wins by a mile. Remember it's still a virtual tie.

bekalc

Record Breaker
At least it's close...after the SP. But I don't see Rochette being a solid FS skater. I still think Asada wins by a mile. Remember it's still a virtual tie.

Rochette's normally a solid free skater... (Although she wasn't great at worlds last year) She got a 124 in the long at Skate Canada had has gotten 119 plus last year too..

I think though it will take mistakes from Mao for Rochette to win. But if Mao goes for two triple axels and misses them (or misses one and gets an underrotation) that could easily give it to Rochette IF Rochette skates well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think though it will take mistakes from Mao for Rochette to win. But if Mao goes for two triple axels and misses them (or misses one and gets an underrotation) that could easily give it to Rochette IF Rochette skates well.

I agree.

man, that ONE skater just HAS to be Rochette :p

singerskates

On the Ice
Singerskates - from your list of the items required for scoring the PCS, do you really believe that a judge can go throuh each item listed as he/she is also judging the GoEs from the Tech. I can't believe that can be done in such short time before the numbers are ready. The easiest way to score the PCs is to check out the quads and 3As for skating ability; then ask: how ballet-like was the performance and did the skaters make use of the music. Not unlike the 6.0 system.

I got the info from Skate Canada members only of which I am a member/skater and Skate Canada got those from the ISU. The judges have been trained for COP judging to mark everything. And anyway, the judges from years of experience are able to tell who does what and acess each section to come up with a final PCS total. They have to have 5 separate marks to make a final PCS score.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My prediction for the men:
1. Patrick Chan
2. Brian Joubert
3. Takahiko Kozuka
4. Ryan Bradley
5. Alban Préaubert

This is actually the most "wrong" I've been during the season so far, but at least I got Patrick as the winner and Takahiko as a medallist. I also anticipated in another post that Alban would "surprise" us in some way (like winning the SP or the LP), but I admit I didn't expect him to get on the podium. That's okay, I'm cool with that. :agree:

Eevun

Final Flight
I will now try to predict the whole event (not just the men).

Men

1. Kozuka
2. Joubert
3. Chan
4. Preaubert

Ladies
1. Asada.
2. Rochette
3. Gedevanishvili.

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Duhamel/Buntin
3. Mukhortova/Trankov

Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder.
2. Kerr/Kerr.
3. Faiella/Scali.

My sense for predictions really sucks :laugh: At least I got the podium in pairs and ice dancing right. I guess I'll just have to stick close to siberia ;)

I got the info from Skate Canada members only of which I am a member/skater and Skate Canada got those from the ISU. The judges have been trained for COP judging to mark everything. And anyway, the judges from years of experience are able to tell who does what and acess each section to come up with a final PCS total. They have to have 5 separate marks to make a final PCS score.
Have you been trained to be an expert in some Field? and are you an expert in that Field? I've been trained in so many Satistics classes but I would hardly call myself a Statistician.

However, if you believe those judges are so well trained with a seminar or two then that is ok, but for me I do not believe a seminar can teach much of what those items in the definitions of PCS contain. So much of it is personal taste. Just not quantifiable.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My sense for predictions really sucks :laugh: At least I got the podium in pairs and ice dancing right. I guess I'll just have to stick close to siberia ;)

The main reason why we make predictions is to have fun, so don't give up! :)