Project Runway All Stars Begins 10-30-14 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Project Runway All Stars Begins 10-30-14

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes, I think he was specifically referring to the crotch of Sam's bathing suit. Or maybe the thonglike butt. It was all so confusing! ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I think he was specifically referring to the crotch of Sam's bathing suit. Or maybe the thonglike butt. It was all so confusing! ;)

Well, now it's making more sense because the definition referred to the unevenness in that area. :laugh: I think we all learned something new. :cheer:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kind of liked Justin dress but not for this challenge. I was getting worried that Fabio might be the one to go. Of the designers I always thought that Fabio would be the winner this season. It was a good runway show.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I kind of liked Justin dress but not for this challenge. I was getting worried that Fabio might be the one to go. Of the designers I always thought that Fabio would be the winner this season. It was a good runway show.

Really? I thought it was incredibly weak, with very very lackluster designs, capped off by Dmitri winning for a garment that he's shown a variation of at least three times previously and isn't even avant-garde. The one thing I'm enjoying though is how much this group of designers seem to genuinely like and support each other. It's such a lovely change of pace from the usual manufactured :drama:

And the whole "side-mouthed beeyutch-faced" look comment was SUCH a disappointment! Pah on manipulative editing. Pah! I say! :)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The one thing I'm enjoying though is how much this group of designers seem to genuinely like and support each other. It's such a lovely change of pace from the usual manufactured :drama:

I agree, and it seems like they're understanding that just being on the show was a win.

WA, just taking a guess, who do you think might win???

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It wouldn't surprise me if the final 3 are Fabio, Dmitiri and Michelle. I'm not a big fan of Dmitri, or rather I was a bigger fan of his during his initial season. He's gotten a bit smarmy this season. I absolutely loved both final collections by Fabio and Michelle--they're actually two of my favorite of all the final collections. So I'd be happy if either of them won. I don't think anyone from the Bravo years stands a chance of ever winning PRAS. So let's say I wouldn't be surprised if Fabio won it, since so many people thought he should have won his season. And unless his final collection is a dud, I'd be cool with that.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It wouldn't surprise me if the final 3 are Fabio, Dmitiri and Michelle.

I'm not a real big fan of Michelle; so if either Dmitry or Fabio won I would be OK. Although I do think Helen & Jay could cause an upset.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting runway last night. To be honest, I didn't like Dmitry's 2 designs at all but the judges loved them. I also didn't like Michelle's designs. I would think a tall, slim, model looking person would look good in her designs and the material she chose, which I didn't like either.

I did like Sonjia's gray designs but no so much on the yellow dress. I also like Helen's designs. I really didn't think Fabio's designs were as bad as the judges thought. I would take Fabio's designs over Dmitry's & Michelle's last night designs. I think if Fabio's homemade material would have been V neck or something else with the neck area it would have gotten better reviews from the judges.

What did you think of the runway???

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am very sad that Fabio got the boot. I really think that Michelle should have been eliminated.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
My opinion of the designers, challenges, & looks these past few episodes can be summed up as 'ho-hum'.

That being said, I wanted to check that I'd heard right tonight. I thought they said eight looks in four days? :eek:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My opinion of the designers, challenges, & looks these past few episodes can be summed up as 'ho-hum'.

Really?? I thoroughly enjoyed the whole season!! I love watching people use their creative skills. I'm not saying I liked all the designs but I love how they put everything together.

That being said, I wanted to check that I'd heard right tonight. I thought they said eight looks in four days? :eek:

I thought I heard the same thing. Isn't this when the designers get help??

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Really?? I thoroughly enjoyed the whole season!! I love watching people use their creative skills. I'm not saying I liked all the designs but I love how they put everything together.

I thought I heard the same thing. Isn't this when the designers get help??

I think it's the time crunch that has put me off. I mean, 12 hours for pretty much every challenge this season? There's potential in a lot of the designs, but no time to execute them with justice :frown:

Even with helpers, 2 looks per day seems so :drama: I forget how long the previous all-stars got in the finale....

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes they always get some help for the finals.

I was sorry to see Michelle go. It's made me lose interest in the finals. My money is on Sanjya--but if it is Helen I will be throwing many soft things at the screen.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The final has turned into The Weepers Vs The Sneerer, hasn't it? Nah, I think even with her to-be-expected mid episode freak out, she'll get it done. They always have help, remember. I'm just not sure how thrilling the results will be. Well we'll see.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am very pleased with the outcome...are you???

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As in do I think Dmitry deserved to win? Well, yes. Am I excited about his clothes? Not particularly. The white suit we've seen, what, 4-5 times before in various guises? The blue sequin gown was pretty standard. I did like the pot leaf dress alot, and the yellow/black that followed it. I do think it was a better collection on the whole than the one he won his PR season for, but he does skew a bit matronly. He's a very 'intellectual' designer. You're not going to get the soft and sweet from him.

On the whole a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz of a finale. Surprisingly, I did like Helen's spring and summer looks, which was unexpected. And I also loved Sanji's yellow winter coat. Lovely cut and silhouette to that, very unexpected. You would, however, need a very large scarf with it!

Last edited: