Pronation | Golden Skate

Pronation

nel

Spectator
Country
Poland
Thanks to person here I did some reaserch on pronation, and if I am correct I pronate on my right foot, my left one is straight. I watched some videos that there are insoles that help with pronation, but will they help if I pronate only on my right foot? Or some exercises with resistance band to strenghten the ankle would help?

silverlily1

On the Ice
Yes there are insoles that can help. You'd only use them on the foot that pronates. The blade mounting can also accommodate pronation if done right for you, and each blade is adjusted individually for the foot it's on.

Reactions: nel

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks to person here I did some reaserch on pronation, and if I am correct I pronate on my right foot, my left one is straight. I watched some videos that there are insoles that help with pronation, but will they help if I pronate only on my right foot? Or some exercises with resistance band to strenghten the ankle would help?
Please go see a Podiatrist and they can help you. Especially if they are going to need to fit the insoles to your skate boots, as was the case with me.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
I had some pronation during a growth spurt and was sent to a podiatrist, who made custom/prescription insoles for me. Flat ones for street shoes, curved ones for skate boots with higher heels. Only a professional working with your specific feet, either your podiatrist or a physiotherapist, can say if any exercises are needed and what kind will work for your ankle(s).