Q&A with Michelle | Golden Skate

Q&A with Michelle

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Thank you for posting this. I get the feeling from this that she won't go pro -- that if she is physically unable to compete, she's return to school or do something else (although she may combine it with COI)

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting. Always nice to read about the Kween.

R.D.

Record Breaker
now, just WHERE did the name "kween" come from? It NEVER used to be used until like two years ago. What's going on here?

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
now, just WHERE did the name "kween" come from? It NEVER used to be used until like two years ago. What's going on here?

I don't know where the name originated from, but a lot of Kwan fans
call her the Kween including myself and I have been a fan for years.

evenstar

Final Flight
Because she is the queen of ice skating, at least in some eyes. Queen, Kween? Geddit?

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
of course but it's sure annoying as he**

Not as annoying as some figure skaters being described as "hot".

For me referring to Kwan as the Kween is my way to show respect for all of her accomplishments.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the link. It is a nice read, very honesty.

AFAIR, I first saw Kwan refered as Kween at FSU, by FS fans. Not all of them active MK fans, some actually quite critique about her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
personally, I wouldn't refer to any figure skater as hot (though a few sure do come close ;) ) but another thing I get sick of is all the hoopla over some of the male (and female, to some extent) skaters...people going go-go-ga-ga over them. Ugh!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
personally, I wouldn't refer to any figure skater as hot (though a few sure do come close ;) )
Red Dog are you talking about Alexei???

Dee

Hey Red Dog, if you don't mind my saying so, I think you have too low of an "annoyance threshold."

You know that Kwan fans delight in making up words that start with "Kw." Like, she's the Kween, she's Kwanderful, her splt jump is a "Kwantum Leap" :laugh: , etc. It's harmless. Let it go.

As for fans of male skaters like Alexei Yagudin -- what can I say? If you're hot, your hot! ;)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Seeing the Kween

I know its probably unlikely, but I'm hoping to see the Kween :love: in Spokwan or Kwan Paul :rofl: .

Sorry RD, couldn't resist.

Maureen