Question about competing at a certain level | Golden Skate

Question about competing at a certain level

Nnenc

Spectator
I'd like to compete my bronze free dance this year. I have passed my compulsory Willow. I'd like to test ten fox and hickory, but will that make me have to compete in silver with the silver adults? Can I start testing my pre-silver dances and stay able to compete in bronze at competition, or will that bump me up to silver? Thanks!!

Last edited:

gkelly

Record Breaker
Are you talking about competing in dance or in freestyle or in entertainment events?

Clarice

Rinkside
I think this addresses what you're asking? If not, another section of the Rule Book will certainly have the answers you need.

8740 Adult Bronze Solo Free Dance Event
A. Test qualifications as of the closing date for entries,
1. Skaters must have passed at least one of the following:
a. The complete standard or adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) solo or partnered pre-bronze pattern
dance test;
b. The standard or adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) juvenile solo free dance test;
c. The juvenile partnered free dance test;
d. The adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) bronze partnered free dance test.
2. Skaters must not have passed:
a. Higher than one standard or adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) solo or partnered silver pattern dance
test;
b. Higher than the standard or adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) intermediate solo free dance test;
c. Higher than the intermediate partnered free dance test;
d. Higher than the adult (adult 21+ or adult 50+ passing average) silver partnered free dance test.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I mean I am not sure how it works now but in Canada anyways you used to have to pass the entire level to compete them. Same with free skate, you couldnt compete in lets say Junior Silver until you passed the elements and free skate part. So I would think you have to pass all your silver dances to compete silver. But I dont know, thats just a guess. For an adult it might be more open and you can compete what you want.