Random Figure Skating Questions | Page 127 | Golden Skate

Random Figure Skating Questions

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hello All,

I have a question for all my Russian friends and anyone else who knows about Tennis. How is Marat Safin looking these days?? That dude was GQ Model looking, Drop Dead Gorgeous when I saw him playing tennis in NY. Seriously, I don't get star struck as I've been in performing arts my whole life and there a good looking people everywhere. However, Marat Safin actually made me Gawk!!! It was sad.

:jaw:

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Here's a "Stupid Question" for you guys. Have any of the dance teams ever used "Conga" By Miami Sound Machine? I heard "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" By Gloria Estefan and thought it would be fun for a Dance Team. She had some fun music and some decent ballads as well.

gourry

Final Flight
Today I've been watching 1992 Albertville Ladies' programs for no special reason, and it kinda looks like ladies at that time tend to have significantly more muscular thighs than today's ladies in general. And ladies today tend to do harder jumps and spins as far as I know so it's not like today's ladies need less muscle.
So I wonder if there has been changes in training regimen for figure staking to cause that?

gkelly

Record Breaker
I wonder how much training school figures (which had only ended 2 years before 1992) tended to build up thigh muscles. You see that even more in skaters from before the 1990s.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
A bit of a cheeky one:

How many times do some fans have to read Denis Ten's name before they finally spell his first name with one 'n'? :taunt: ;)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ For that matter, why do so many people spell Eldredge incorrectly? I've seen it spelled Eldridge, Eldrige, & Elderedge, and it drives me nuts! I'm not a spelling purist, but I don't think it's that difficult a name to spell (at least for American speakers of English). I'm not trying to pick on anyone @ this forum! :rofl2:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aaaaaaaaaand additionally, why is it so hard to say and spell "FARRIS" instead of "Ferris"?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Probably because of 'Ferris Bueller' and 'ferris wheel'.

There's also an actress named Anna Faris but, you're right. I think most people just go with Ferris after Mr Bueller. One of my all time favorite Movie's. It's bitter sweet because as a dancer in the 80's, I really wanted a part in that Movie but didn't get the job. That group of "Dancers" on the steps are from a group in Chicago. They wanted locals to make the scene more realistic. I'm still BITTER!:angry2:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
My partner to me about Rika: "will she get extra points for doing Riverdance?"

Me: "Well, sort of. The program component scores will probably go up because she is preforming so well."

Him: "Is that like the new artistic mark?"

Me: "Yeah but it's supposed to be kind of different. There are 5 categories, and specific things in each category the judges can look for to award more points."

Him (without irony): "Wait, so is one of the things they look for 'skates to Riverdance?'"

I should get him to come to this thread...